Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Grimoire Beta Begins But So Fucking What

Lady Armageddona

Liturgist
If I judge from this screen only, the game looks pretty good for an indie game.

DemonKing

Arcane
I remember when this game was "Coming Soon" in 1997!

Hell originally Grimiore III was due out in 1998. :roll:

Nicolai

DUMBFUCK
So, will it be free or what?

Anyway, it looks better than the Avernum and Geneforge games.

Sol Invictus

Erudite
He thought 9/11 was 'funny' because he told everyone about the impending attacks and nobody listened. He said that he was sipping ice cold lemon tea and while watching the news and laughing for the whole day of the attacks.

Killzig

Cipher
Patron
Sol Invictus said:
He thought 9/11 was 'funny' because he told everyone about the impending attacks and nobody listened. He said that he was sipping ice cold lemon tea and while watching the news and laughing for the whole day of the attacks.
So? What do you want him to do? Cry and pull his hair out, register republican? Who gives a shit about the guy's politics?

Sol Invictus

Erudite
Could you possibly come up with a more stupid response, Killzig?

Obviously I, and a lot of other people do give a shit about his 'politics' (or lunacy, as it were). What was the point of asking that if you already knew the answer?

So, I dislike the man and his games for his retarded views. What's it to you? In the future, try thinking about what you're going to say before you say it or you'll risk sounding like a fucking moron with nothing better to do than to 'tell people off' for what they think.

On principle I don't buy games made by people who think the murder of thousands of people is something to laugh at.

kris

Arcane
Killzig said:
Sol Invictus said:
So? What do you want him to do? Cry and pull his hair out, register republican? Who gives a shit about the guy's politics?

It do say a bit about the person doesn't it. I guess Sol want us to dislike him enough to not buy his game, for you his attempt didn't work, for me it may.

crpgnut

Augur
It's not politics. It is laughing at the murder of hundreds of people. The guy is insane. If you're interested, go to google groups and type in author: Cleve Blakemore. The guy is certifiable. He did do some work on previous Wizardry titles though, so at least he knows the genre. Someone this unbalanced might be a good developer. Most of the Devs I have talked with seem slightly unbalanced, Cleve just takes it to a new level!

Lady Armageddona

Liturgist
Big Deal. Are we discussing the game he is making or the weird political views he has.

If that was the problem, I would have gladly dropped the bomb with my political views, but since 1) that is not what we are discussing here, 2) even if I did, it would not be that big a bomb since none of you is familiar with bulgarian politics, I suggest that you go back to discussing the game.

I don't care if he is indeed retarted or a stupid dumb fuck. I don't care even what he is, if he's game is any good. And it has the potential.

Sadly, it turns out that he may be a retarted dumb fuck that has weird political views, but you're the ones who have undergone lobotomy.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"So, I dislike the man and his games for his retarded views"

You are retarded. His views on whatever are besides the point. A game is a game. Just because his views suck doesn't mean his games suck. That's dumb talk.

Sol Invictus

Erudite
Anyone whose game has been in development since 1997 and has yet to show anything for it doesn't deserve a second glance anyhow, Volourn.

Oh and for what it's worth, condoning the wanton slaughter of thousands isn't a matter of 'politics' unless you're in the Al Qaeda.

I think the same of anyone who thinks that the military is evil and laugh whenever they read the casualty reports from Iraq. There's a lot of people who think that they're so fucking great perched up on their thrones wherever it may be (as long as it's out of the combat zone) and make retarded assessments about the situation without knowing first hand about the soldiers, their lives and the whole concept of cameraderie. It's easy to be an armchair political commentator and say things like "You have to respect Cleve Blakemore for his opinions". Well guess what, nobody has to respect him for his retarded views and furthermore, there's no reason to support his game, regardless of the 'potential' because of the plain and simple fact that the man is nothing more than a cowardly cocksucker who hides in a bunker and gloats whenever something bad happens to other people. Fuck that shit.

There's far better men with games that have far superior potential than anything this stupid cocksucker has to offer.

Ellester

Liturgist
Nevertheless I would like to play an old school game, again, so I’m interested. Graphics do look bad, but that’s not a priority. But if this guys a psycho who’s taken 7+ years to work on a game, I have a feeling it will suck.

DemonKing

Arcane
Sol Invictus said:
Anyone whose game has been in development since 1997 and has yet to show anything for it doesn't deserve a second glance anyhow, Volourn.

Man - I think you just described 3D Realms!

Sol Invictus

Erudite
True, in a sense. But Prey looks so much better than DNF. Have you seen the trailer? Never mind the graphics, the gameplay impresses the hell out of me.

Killzig

Cipher
Patron
Makes me giggle when Rex claims someone else is high and mighty. :lol:

as far as the guy being off of his rocker, its probably a prerequisite if you work in the game industry. : Derek Smart,Sean K Reynolds, MCA, they're all a bunch of lunatics.

as for laughing at 9/11..

Surlent

Liturgist
Don't you guys remember when Fez and Dhruin talked about Cleve ?
I think it was pretty much stated he's beyond just being one whacky developer.

Fez

Erudite
Cleve is a lunatic. VD's game shows more promise and it hasn't taken a lifetime.

Kamaz

Pahris Entertainment
Developer
Whatever, but its funny when Exitium or Underlord or Nicolai are making fun of dead people all the time, but, see, this guy is wrong and evil when he does the same thing. Double-ethics, eh?

Anyways, dont have any particular interest in this game but one thing is sure - I kinda start hate those newsposts "with opinion". Well, maybe it is feature, but it definetly sucks when SoleEx is bitching about game only because he dislikes its author for his very own and mysterious reasons. I would understand if you made fun of the game that has hilarious PR (like DungeonLords) or simply sucks (DL again), but putting your own un-argumented viewpoint with personal attitude not connected to the game in a newspost - well, that is "feature" I dont like.

Sol Invictus

Erudite
Are you new to the Codex, Kamaz? Or did you forget about all of VD's Pete "Full of Shit" Hines comments?

There's nothing 'mysterious' about my dislike for Cleve Blakemore. Just reading the first fucking sentence in the post I made would clarify the aforementioned 'mysterious' dislike.

Diogo Ribeiro

Erudite
Kamaz said:
Whatever, but its funny when Exitium or Underlord or Nicolai are making fun of dead people all the time, but, see, this guy is wrong and evil when he does the same thing. Double-ethics, eh?

Mock hundreds of dead people and you're a sadist. Mock one dead person and you're a standup comedian. Such is life.

Sol Invictus

Erudite
Yeah it's really one thing to gloat over 9/11. Watching Nicolai post the pain4.jpg picture and hearing myself say, "Hey, there's that terrorist suicide bomber's head on the pavement. Haha what a stupid fuck." really pales in comparison to Cleve's retarded vitriol.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"Anyone whose game has been in development since 1997 and has yet to show anything for it doesn't deserve a second glance anyhow, Volourn."

This is a fair criticism, and makes sense. The 'he is a bad man' so his game sucks is not enough. I think VD is the most evil being in existence except for myself; but I think his game will be good. 'Nough said.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom