Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Grimoire Class Discussion/Beginner's Tips

YES!

Hi, I'm Roqua
Dumbfuck
Some more random notes.

1) Digging through the game files, you can find some spell formulas. Some of them *are* affected by Intelligence, but they're mostly status (i.e. roll more die for Phantasm). The damage formula is gated behind "POWER" and "SLICE" constants, so it's still a mystery what each of the attributes do.
2) The game files also contain all the NPC dialogue prompts. One thing that I didn't realize is some prompts can be modified a bit (i.e. "Lich" will differ from "Lich where"—who/where distinctions are pretty common). There are also prompts that do not show from a Mind Read 7 spell, but nothing major as far as I can tell.
3) Class changing into prestige classes (Assassin, Jester, etc) does not allow you to learn their new skills. This means Ninjutsu and Powerstrike should be unobtainable (the latter without a Sanctuary start ofc)

and some random tips for any beginners/lurkers on top of whatever else
-You can bug Berserk. Have a character enter Berserker mode, use the Berserking skill, then rest, and when you enter the next fight, the default action will be set to Berserk even if you aren't in Berserker mode. Never choose another action and you can continue this indefinitely
-Robbery is fairly borked. I started with 20, robbed Gorlo completely (careful to get the key before you start or he'll get angry), resold all the items back to him, leveled up to 100 quickly, now you can do the same to any other NPC with an infinite gold source. You can also get the Royal Seal from Smithers a bit early with 100 Robbery.
-Sleep Bards etc
-In addition to the above on Berserkers, Lethal Blow and CC sounds like it's probably going to dictate the entire endgame. I don't believe there's any benefit to going Warrior at all other than a lower exp threshold for level 10 class changes, so I say your frontliners should be two Berserkers.
-You can also recruit and dismiss NPCs continuously. For one, you can get an easy source of poison daggers (2d4) early by doing that with Raghilda. Not many other applications, BUT: I've got a high leveled Raghilda and Rosy. I dismissed them, and they retain their levels and *most* of their stats (some differ slightly, skills usually reset to baseline when you recruited), but their exp bar is reset to something like 2700/6500. This seems like an easy way to farm levels without going through a grueling 500k exp for level 10 if you can continuously do this, but I'm not going to bother testing it. (The benefit is basically infinite stats anyway, since you can't class change NPCs. You also have to relearn their skills/spells.)
-If you just keep the Mind Read and Locate Item scrolls on you, you can just use them and then savescum after writing notes to get all the NPC dialogue prompts and the current dungeon layout.
-The bonus points you get on character creation seem fairly negligible. Skills seem like the worst use since the ones you need most level up naturally. HP quickly becomes obsolete after a few levels; 20 hp does not matter at all for a 400HP+ tank. It may be more reasonable on casters. Attributes seem to be the best use, but since Cleve remains enigmatic about what they do, there seems to be very little noticeable benefit to any of them besides Speed and Devotion.

*and a note to Cleve: I spent a few minutes trying to find Mistral again after I dismissed him. The game says he went to the Crypt of Monks, the location spell points to the Crypt of Monks, but I could never encounter him, even through stepping on every single tile. Might be bad luck, or might be something worth looking into.

I must wonder about the necessity of Sages as well. I like having two instrument users, but between the Bard and Sage, the Sage is the slowest fuck imaginable with a base speed far behind the rest of my party, even pumping everything solely into that stat. I'm also desperately wishing I had a Necromancer, because most of my spells overlap.

You can charm and rob with impunity without worrying about robbery.

Items have some stats on them that help with lethal blows I think. The lethal stat being one. I think it causes decapitations, but it does seem to increase the rate of lethal blows.

Hammer&mace items have a great CC in knocking enemies unconscious.

The bonus points on character creation are very important in my opinion to getting speed up quickly. Certain races have bonus point multipliers. More bonus points equals more speed or dev for casters.

If picked up some items that seem to have penetration on them, making any penetration from stats less valuable. But since I can't tell exactly what the formula for strength and agility and penetration or dodge is, and I do great damage without caring about it and focusing on speed, who cares?

I don't understand the armor going over 127 resting it to 000 and negative to IAC.

Strength would be more important since heavier armors are really heavy if you didn't hit that 127 cap or whatever it is. Being over encumbered really lowers your speed. Those pants from Shrike add way over half the encumbrance to all the classes that can wear them, bringing them all into the red.

Bards can wear much more sturdy equipment than sages and seem to have higher HP gains on level up.

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Certain races have bonus point multipliers.

It's certain race & class combinations that have bonus point multipliers, for example Durendil Templars (2x multiplier).

I think this hasn't been posted here yet. The important part are the Bonus point classes and the Penalty point classes for each race:

Bonus points:
Give you a multiplier to your skill points on levelup
On creation it multiplies the unused portion of your roll
(ex, you roll a 32 as a aeorb sage, you subtract 5 needed for sage req, 27x2.0=54 which you can then appy to attributes, hp, etc)

Males & Females have slightly varied starting attributes.
Nobody can start Jester, Pirate, Assassin

Human: Can't start: Necro, Templar, Jester, Pirate, Assas
Female: Warrior, Wizard, Cleric, Thaum, Ranger, Thief, Bers, Metal, Sage
Male: Warrior, Wizard, Cleric, Thaum, Ranger, Thief, Bers, Metal, Sage
Bonus point classes: Berserker(1.2x)

Drow: Can't start: Nec, Tem, Jes, Pir, Assas
Female: War, Wiz, Cler, Thaum, Ran, Thi, Bers, Bar, Met, Sag
Male: War, Wiz, Cler, Thaum, Ran, Thi, Bar, Met, Sag
Bonus point classes: Assas(1.8x)
Penalty point class: Metal(0.6x)
Females can't be berserkers

Barrower: Can't start: Nec, Tem, Jes, Pir, Assas
Female: War, Wiz, Cler, Tha, Ran, Thi, Bers, Bar, Met, Sag
Male: War, Wiz, Cler, Tha, Ran, Thi, Bers, Bar, Met, Sag
Bonus point classes: Bers(1.25x), Metal(1.4x), Thaum(1.3x)
Penalty classes: Sage(0.8x)

Wolfin: Can't start: Nec, Tem, Jes, Bar, Pir, Assas
Female: War, Wiz, Cler, Tha, Ran, Thi, Bers, Met, Sag
Male: War, Wiz, Cler, Tha, Ran, Thi, Bers, Met, Sag
Bonus point classes: Cleric(1.2x), Ranger(1.6x)
Penalty point classes: Bard(0.8x)

Feyfolk: Can't start: Ran, Tem, Bers, Jes, Met, Pir, Assas
Female: War, Wiz, Cler, Tha, Nec, Thi, Bar, Sag
Male: War, Wiz, Cler, Tha, Nec, Thi, Bar, Sag
Bonus point classes: Assas(1.9x), Necro(1.6x)
Penalty point classes: Metal(0.4x)

Saurian:
Female: War Thief Bers
Male: War, Thief, Bers
Bonus point classes: Bers(1.3x)
Penalty point classes: Sage(0.5x)

Naga: Can't start: Nec, Tem, Bers, Jes, Bar, Pir, Assas
Female: War, Wiz, Cler, Tha, Ran, Thi, Met, Sag
Male: War, Wiz, Cler, Tha, Ra, Thi, Met, Sag
Bonus point classes: Assas(1.5x)
Penalty point classes: None

Rhattu: Can't start: Nec, Tem, Bar, Jes, Pir, Assas
Female: War, Wiz, Cler, Tha, Thi, Met, Sag
Bonus point classes: Assas(1.8x), Pirate(1.7x), Thief(1.1x)
Penalty point classes: Warrior(0.7x)
Females can't be Berserkers & Rangers

Drake: Can't start: Nec, Tem, Jes, Bar, Pir, Assas
Bonus point classes: Bers(1.1x), Metal (1.55x), Thaum (1.3x)
Penalty point classes: Sage(0.8x)

Leonar: Can't start: Nec, Tem, Jes, Bar, Pir, Assas
Bonus point classes: None
Penalty point classes: None

Aeorb: Can't start: War, Ran, Thi, Tem, Jes, Met, Pir, Assas
Female: Wiz, Cle, Tha, Nec, Sag
Male: Wiz, Cle, Tha, Nec, Sag
Bonus point classes: Sage(2.0x)
Penalty point classes: Mettal(0.5x)

Durendil: Can't start: Nec, Bers, Jes, Pir, Assas
Female: War, Wiz, Cler, Tha, Thi, Tem, Bar, Met, Sag
Male: War, Wiz, Cler, Tha, Ran, Thi, Tem, Bar, Met, Sag
Bonus point classes: Templar(2.0x)
Penalty point classes: Necro(0.7x), Ranger (0.6x)
Females can't be rangers

Vamphyr: Can't start: Cle, Tem, Jes, Met, Pir, Assas
Female: War, Wiz, Cler, Tha, Ran, Thi, Bers, Bar, Met, Sag
Male: War, Wiz, Tha, Nec, Ran, Thi, Bers, Bar, Sag
Bonus point classes: Assas(1.8x), Necro(1.5x)
Penalty point classes: Cleric(0.1x), Temp(0.2x)

Giant: Can't start: Nec, Thi, Tem, Bar, Jes, Pir, Assas
Female: War, Wiz, Cler, Tha, Ran, Bers, Met, Sag
Male: War, Wiz, Cler, Tha, Ran, Bers, Met, Sag
Bonus point classes: Warrior(1.5x)
Penalty point classes: Assas(0.8x), Cleric(0.7x), Thief(0.6x), Wizard(0.5x)
Females can't be rangers or Berserkers

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1107388370

Brood_Star

Novice
I think it's also worth pointing out the strength of rangers. They have access to the Thief toolkit (Lockpicking and Robbery), the Thaumaturge spellbook, and most importantly, Lethal Blow. My ranger is my third most useful member, going toe-to-toe with my frontliners, which is no mean feat considering they've got 80 str (whatever that's worth) and picks up kills randomly on tough enemies.

Editing in some l70 chars, differences between spellbooks:

The Thaumaturge and Wizard are the most similar. The Thaumaturge has a strong earth spellset, and almost identical water/freeze ones, but otherwise dips its toes lightly across the board. The Wizard is the master of elements, and trades a bit in the earth book (Earthquake instead of summons). Honestly, the Wizard spellset seems so much better that I wonder what the Thaumaturge's advantages are. Besides minor race/stat differences, the only one I see are the skills: Nature Lore & Alchemistry (no idea), and Mephistics (cumbersome/rarely useful). Wizards also get a lower levelup threshold. I guess the big major difference is that Rosy is a Thaumaturge and not a Wizard.

The Cleric spellbook is mostly spirit focused, and probably easily covered by your other casters and items. The "major" exclusive spells are "Holy Word" (cast out ghosts) and "Miracle" (bolsters morale of party). Class doesn't seem worth it all in all. The Sage has an even WORSE spellbook—almost no offensive spells, and barely any lategame ones. The Sage's spellbook seems to be entirely utility in the Psychic line, but it's the only one with Improved Identify (unless there's a spellbook for that). It seems like you only need one of Thaumaturge, Cleric, Sage to cover disease/poison needs, and maybe then not at all, because items are plentiful and replace the rest (identify, mind read, locate item, danger sense, etc). Plus the fact that level 1 spellbooks are plentiful, you can probably get by without any and just teaching them to your Necro/Wizard...

The Necromancer (and the Assassin) are the only ones who have access to the specialized infernal/necromancy spells, so if you want those, you'll want a necro. But because Vamphyrs sorta suck, you're locked into Aeorb or Feyfolk on a high roll, and it seems a bit less useful early until you get Crushing Hand.

Testing with stats set to 20 to all and 99 to one specific. Note these are fairly brief impressions tested against a boss, so I don't guarantee they're accurate at all, and probably prone to all sorts of cognitive biases.

STR: doesn't seem to affect physical damage in the slightest. That seems to be governed by skills more than anything. STR seems to affect penetration
AGI: seems to govern a bunch of things. Penetration (seemed way more potent than STR), evasion, and accuracy. Perhaps even Lethal Blow, although I wouldn't be surprised if that's calculated entirely from a die roll. Counter-intuitively, this is the stat I noticed the most physical combat improvement from.
SPD: besides obviously turn order, it seems what SPD improves most is evasion. My characters still missed a ton with 99 SPD, and they barely had extra attacks. I'm guessing extra attacks are just chance and a die roll.
CON: doesn't seem to reduce damage. Does seem to increase resistance against stun, likely other status too. Quite possible it makes you harder to penetrate. Doesn't seem to affect vitality rate either.
FEL: dunno
MET: doesn't look like it lessens vitality decrease rate. would probably avoid this, since it looks like it's tied to the food bar.
DEV: I don't think this has any combat effect, and it certainly doesn't look like it does anything for MP regen. I'm even wondering if it's worth sinking points into considering the negligible amount of magic increase you seem to get per levelup, because your 20-30 points in devotion looks like it leads to a 50 or so increase in MP by level 10.
WIL: I have no idea. Game files seem to indicate it affects spells like Hold and mind control-type spells.
WIS: Also no idea. Noticing no improvement in cure spells.
INT: Not seeing any damage increase. As stated earlier, game files indicate that some spells get additional dice rolls.

Vitality rate doesn't seem to be affected by any stats, and I do believe it's % based, so flat increases in VIT (i.e. CON) seem useless. I have no idea what effects it, because different combinations result in the same amount of VIT degeneration.

What can I glean? Dunno, Speed seems to be the most important stat. STR+AGI for physical characters, with a bare minimum in CON. For casters, your guess is as good as mine—DEV is the only one with a verifiable increase, but even then it seems minor considering how few levelups you gain.

It may very well be possible that you get entirely different results with 40 to all and 99 to one. Dunno, would be better if people tried it out themselves.

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
The best combinations that get the most skill points on level up and the most extra roll points during creation are:

BEST COMBINATIONS

Saurian Berserker 1.3x
Drake Metalsmith 1.5x
Barrower Thaumaturge 1.3x
Wolfin Cleric 1.2x
Wolfin Ranger 1.6x
Feyfolk Necro 1.6x
Aeorb Sage 2.0x
Durendil Templar 2.0x
Giant Warrior 1.5x
Rhattu Thief 1.1x -> Assassin 1.8x

The only pirate bonus points: Rhattu Pirate 1.7x (not enough for creation). Bards and Wizards get no bonus points from any race.

BAD COMBINATIONS

Drow Metalsmith 0.6x
Feyfolk Metalsmith 0.4x
Aeorb Metalsmith 0.5x
Barrower Sage 0.8x
Drake Sage 0.8x
Saurian Sage 0.5x
Wolfin Bard 0.8x
Rhattu Warrior 0.7x
Durendil Necro 0.7x
Durendil Ranger 0.6x
Vampyr Cleric 0.1x
Vampyr Templar 0.2x
Giant Thief 0.6x, Wizard 0.5x, Cleric 0.7x, Assassin 0.8x

Dominae

Educated
The best combinations that get the most skill points on level up and the most extra roll points during creation are:

BEST COMBINATIONS

Saurian Berserker 1.3x
Drake Metalsmith 1.5x
Barrower Thaumaturge 1.3x
Wolfin Cleric 1.2x
Wolfin Ranger 1.6x
Feyfolk Necro 1.6x
Aeorb Sage 2.0x
Durendil Templar 2.0x
Giant Warrior 1.5x
Rhattu Thief 1.1x -> Assassin 1.8x

The only pirate bonus points: Rhattu Pirate 1.7x (not enough for creation). Bards and Wizards get no bonus points from any race.

BAD COMBINATIONS

Drow Metalsmith 0.6x
Feyfolk Metalsmith 0.4x
Aeorb Metalsmith 0.5x
Barrower Sage 0.8x
Drake Sage 0.8x
Saurian Sage 0.5x
Wolfin Bard 0.8x
Rhattu Warrior 0.7x
Durendil Necro 0.7x
Durendil Ranger 0.6x
Vampyr Cleric 0.1x
Vampyr Templar 0.2x
Giant Thief 0.6x, Wizard 0.5x, Cleric 0.7x, Assassin 0.8x

Most of those "best combo" people are pretty easy to roll (though you'll want high roles regardless, to maximize bonus point award).
Sadly though, Durendil Templar and Drake Metalsmith both require a 30+ roll to even make. So prepare for some frequent reroll clicking.

No bonus for Bards stinks (not that they need to be even more OP); but mainly because that means Jester is even harder to get to. I was hoping someone odd got a bonus to Bard, making it an ideal Jester race .. but no :(. Durendil still best bard then, simply because they maximize the bonus points on start-up.

gestalt11

Arbiter
Most of those "best combo" people are pretty easy to roll (though you'll want high roles regardless, to maximize bonus point award).
Sadly though, Durendil Templar and Drake Metalsmith both require a 30+ roll to even make. So prepare for some frequent reroll clicking.

No bonus for Bards stinks (not that they need to be even more OP); but mainly because that means Jester is even harder to get to. I was hoping someone odd got a bonus to Bard, making it an ideal Jester race .. but no :(. Durendil still best bard then, simply because they maximize the bonus points on start-up.

Do those attribute points really matter than much if you aren't switching classes for a bard? Bard is a pretty beefy spellcaster with decent equipment options. A barrower with its higher regen and no restrictions might be easily worth the extra att points given what we know about attribute points so far and some of the peculiarites of bards/spellcasters.

Durendil is definitely superior if you want to save scum to switch to jester (you basically have to save scum). But it sounds like class switching is kind of broken anyway. If you really don't get the class skills then switchign to jester and not getting trickery is entirely broken. You basically have to use Zep's save editor to make it unbroken.

gestalt11

Arbiter
Yeah it looks like there is no way to get ninjutsu. It might be the character editor being weird, but changing to Assassin won't make it show up in your nor will gaining a level in assassin. Even if you put points into ninjutsu in the editor. I guess right now the only real reason to be an assassin is to get Necro spells. Very little reason to be assassin over pure ranger.

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual
Yeah it looks like there is no way to get ninjutsu. It might be the character editor being weird, but changing to Assassin won't make it show up in your nor will gaining a level in assassin. Even if you put points into ninjutsu in the editor. I guess right now the only real reason to be an assassin is to get Necro spells. Very little reason to be assassin over pure ranger.

It's not the editor. Editor won't show you skills in game even if you put points into it (in the editor), if you haven't learned or acquired that skill in game you won't see the skill or your changes, in game.

Zep--

gestalt11

Arbiter

It's not the editor. Editor won't show you skills in game even if you put points into it (in the editor), if you haven't learned or acquired that skill in game you won't see the skill or your changes, in game.

Zep--

What happens if I put points into Ninjutsu before I switched the guy to Assassin?

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer

Zep--

What happens if I put points into Ninjutsu before I switched the guy to Assassin?

Nothing, the skill it flagged as OFF until something in game triggers it on.

I believe all those skills for the special classes are broken.

Zep--

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer

Zep--

If you send me a save, I will toggle on that Ninjutsu skill for you.
Tell me what character in the save you want it turned on for.
Then I guess you can test if it actually does anything or not.

grimzep777@gmail.com

Zep--

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
You can get NPC's with ninjutsu, plus all of this will get rebalanced in the coming weeks and months anyway.

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
osefmarcher

I don't know if the way to unlock Eldritch spells should be included here, since it's a bit of a spoiler:
http://grimoire.wiki/index.php/Spells#Eldritch_Spells

Maybe something like this, if you want to include it:

This hidden spell page can be unlocked by asking wizards you meet about it. Scribing Eldritch and Arcanum spellbooks can drive the scriber insane, which can be fixed with the Sane Mind spell or with enough sleeping afterwards.

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
It's a wiki...what do you expect to be there, puppies and kittens and good feels.

Sheesh.

Don't listen to this idiot, osefmarcher

Zep--

osefmarcher

Literate
osefmarcher

I don't know if the way to unlock Eldritch spells should be included here, since it's a bit of a spoiler:

This hidden spell page can be unlocked by asking wizards you meet about it. Scribing Eldritch and Arcanum spellbooks can drive the scriber insane, which can be fixed with the Sane Mind spell or with enough sleeping afterwards.

Thanks, for the input, just added it .

Waiting for Zep to add all items in his Noob editor, so can see all spellbooks.

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
Slow
Sleep
Life Drain
Spider Scale
Spiking Earth
Luck Angel
Spirit Guide
Holy Word

Recharge
Resurrection
Revealer Mist
Safe Haven
Dimemsion Door
Sound Mind
Shadow Phase
Silence

Psychometry
Invisibility
Neutralize Poison
Purify Air
Rainbow Rays
Razor Wire
Read languages
Remove Curse

Midnight Sphere
Enchanted Stones
Magic Screen
Phantasm
Poison
Toxic Vapours
Finger Of Death
Power Nimbus

Lock Sleuth
Magic Food
Magic Drain
Magic Missle
Magic Drink
Mark Of The Beast
Matter Clone
Dispel Magic

Insect Swarm
Irritation
Knock Knock
Knockout
Leaping Sparks
Levitation
Lightning Bolt
Locate Item

Hailstorm
Deadly Blades
Healing Cloud
Shivers
Hermetic Gag
Hold Monsters
Iceball
Identify

Energy Bolt
Fire Shield
Fireball
Fizzle Field
Fog Of Frost
Comet Of Doom
Garlic Breath
Glory Trumpet

Detect Invisible
Detect Secret
Banish Undead
Improved Identify
Drain Cloud
Earthquake
Equinox
Dread

Cure Disease
Cure Heavy Wounds
Cure Light Cond.
Cure Light Wounds
Stone To Flesh
Cone Of Cold
Dancing Lights
Devil Wind

Death Gaze
Crypt Clarion
Charm
Mindread
Cold Shield
Confusion
Flesh To Stone
Crushing Hand

Refresh
Black Plague
Deadly Poison
Bless
Blinding Flash
Blood Clutch
Destroyer Vortex
Brain Rot

Restore Youth
Insect Bane
Drive-By
Ultraglue
Scarab of Ra
Magic Moth
*crash*
*crash*

Serpent Bane
Laser Beam
Death Ray
!!BERSERK!!
Renew Mana
Firebreath
Dragon Control
Attribute Enhance

Str Drain
Will Drain
Demoralize
Curse
Impale
Hold
Decapitate
Burning Oil

Acid Splash
Rotten Food
Insanity
Nausea
Web
Crush
Beholden
IQ Drain

Miracle
Read Magic
Demon Ward
Raise Dead
Blister
Fire Walking
Vampire Bane
Detoxify

Protect Vs Plants
Protect Vs Beasts
Ventriloquism
Gaze Reflection
Freezing Sphere
Glacier Burst
Aquagenesis
Weapon Rot

Create Light
Time Stop
Divination
Danger Sense
Psyonic Blast
Cerebral Shield
Death Wish
Astral Travel

Chilling Touch
Paralysis
Water Walking
Feather Fall
Sonic Barrier
Nightmare
Phantasmal Cloak
Biophosphor

Physical Law
Mental Law
Universal Law
Stinking Bile
Burning Grasp
FluoroScope
Mirror Mirage
Haste

Blight
Moonbeam
Invisible Stalker
Summoning I
Create Golem
Pentagram
Summoning II
Martial Law

AntiMagic
Wither
Werebane
Missile Shield
Deflection Screen
Polymorph
Disintegrate
Teleport

Locate Person
FireStorm
Hurricane
Blur
Vamphyr Food
Direction
Solar Flare
Deep Freeze

Enchanted Blade
WitchHex
Wizard Eye
Death Cloud
Cure Paralysis
Armorplate
Detect Magic
MindFlay

Summon Undead
Tarantella
Trap Glue
True Seeing
Hold Beasts
Hold Undead
Vitalty Drain
Plant Repellent

Venom
Stinking Cloud
Suffocate
Undead Ward
VivoGenesis
Summon Elemental
Illusion
Summon Hellspawn

Zep--

Morblot

Aberrant Member | Star Trek V Apologist
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
Is there a way of knowing which skills increase automatically with use and which don't?

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
It's a wiki...what do you expect to be there, puppies and kittens and good feels.

Sheesh.

Zep--

I have no idea what your problem is. People who read the spell list do not necessarily expect to be spoiled regarding gameplay and story. How to unlock the Eldritch spells can be considered such a spoiler. So it's probably best to include a hint, but not make it too specific.

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
osefmarcher

Thanks, for the input, just added it .

Thanks. Arcanum spells are not hidden though, only the Eldritch ones. I think Arcanum is quite different from the rest too, because it relies on the Arcanum skill apparently.

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer

Sheesh.

Zep--

I have no idea what your problem is. People who read the spell list do not necessarily expect to be spoiled regarding gameplay and story. How to unlock the Eldritch spells can be considered such a spoiler. So it's probably best to include a hint, but not make it too specific.

I already told you what your problem is, re-read..it was "You're an idiot"

Zep--

Rpguy

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath

Zep--

Nothing, the skill it flagged as OFF until something in game triggers it on.

I believe all those skills for the special classes are broken.

Zep--

Can you create a male drake metalsmith and check if the lethal blow skill flag is on or off? I saw someone complain about it and I have the same issue.

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
Can you create a male drake metalsmith and check if the lethal blow skill flag is on or off? I saw someone complain about it and I have the same issue.

I believe this only *should* work if you roll it naturally. Changing class in the editor does not unlock any skills.

You can try it by giving a bunch of EXP in the editor, going to the game and see if anything unlocks.

Zep--

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom