Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Grimoire gameplay and hints thread

Severian Silk

I haven't read this entire thread. But, are there any missing things in the game that should appear in Grimoire II?

PEACH

Arbiter
Have a question about Singularity

I found an hourglass and text on the wall that seems to imply I need to reverse time to get across the endless corridor. Problem is no one has enough invocation to use the hourglass.

Am I fucked or just misinterpreting what I need to do?
Misinterpreting, which also happened to me. Try reading the description of the hourglass in your journal. Specifically, you need to
have a character equip the hourglass, then walk backwards through the corridor.

Damn.
I figured you had to walk backwards, but when I saw the item had charges I assumed I had to use it, not equip it. Not sure that would've occurred to me, thank you

Kayerts

Arcane
Beat the game but there's still some unfinished business.

Entropy:
I found both an Entropy Sword and an Entropy Axe. They cannot be equipped and their description implies someone is trapped inside them waiting to be saved. Is there anything you can do with them?

Using them releases a powerful NPC who you can then recruit. There was originally supposed to be an Entropy Flute, too, but I don't think it made it into the game.

ukdouble1

Educated
I dismissed my party member and recruit
sword ego. After a while he dies on his own (even if he completely naked). He does not have negative conditions. Just in case, I store his container (sword) in the inventory. All the same, he dies.

Filthy Sauce

Arbiter
I dismissed my party member and recruit
sword ego. After a while he dies on his own (even if he completely naked). He does not have negative conditions. Just in case, I store his container (sword) in the inventory. All the same, he dies.

What's his age. They can die from natural causes.

railway

Educated
Using them releases a powerful NPC who you can then recruit. There was originally supposed to be an Entropy Flute, too, but I don't think it made it into the game.

Gosh darn, I tried dragging them onto the 'use' button but you have to click 'use' and then click on the item.
Thank you!

ukdouble1

Educated
I can not guess how to open a stained-glass window in front of the chest at Domain of Grendel. Has anyone realized?
e43f09aeaedd367c472dc47a9813ee6c.png

Fowyr

Arcane
Vatnik
I can not guess how to open a stained-glass window in front of the chest at Domain of Grendel. Has anyone realized?
e43f09aeaedd367c472dc47a9813ee6c.png
Check for secret buttons nearby, or use Detect Secret as I remember. I loaded old game and chest is opened.

PEACH

Arbiter
There's a button around there. Looks like either 4 squares north of your position or 2 squares to the left of the marker you placed

ukdouble1

Educated
Thx to all. For some reason I decided that the blinking of the indicator of secrets refers to the secret wall behind which the desired button is located.

Nixheb

Arcane
Is there any point in recruiting that whiny ratboy in Nerukruel pyramid? Does he give any special benefits, or his speech about helping is simply a recruitment offer?
I think it is a recruitment offer, the same as Lilith saying she will help you get to Shelach in Skulheim.

In the end I recruited him after completing the dungeon and went through the circles again. He does reveal a map of path of the elders, and speaks a few lines about feeling better upon leaving Grendel domain, but that's it. No xp for taking him outside or whatever.

How much inspection is needed to take the orb from the top of the pyramid? I brought Rosy there (58), but it's not enough.
So, did you found how to get the orb ?
100 in inspection is not enough...

iqzulk

Augur
Oh, 100 IS enough, it's just not "on the very first attempt"-enough. You just do it, like, 20 times in a row - and then, maybe, it unscrews. But, yes, it can be unscrewed.
The same also goes for that Ancient History tablet at the bottom of the Vault of the Ancients. 100 is enough. Just not "on the very first attempt"-enough.

Nixheb

Arcane
Oh, 100 IS enough, it's just not "on the very first attempt"-enough. You just do it, like, 20 times in a row - and then, maybe, it unscrews. But, yes, it can be unscrewed.
The same also goes for that Ancient History tablet at the bottom of the Vault of the Ancients. 100 is enough. Just not "on the very first attempt"-enough.
Ha, yes. Like in Alex kids in High-Tech World. Just have to pray 100 times.

Kayerts

Arcane
Is there any point in recruiting that whiny ratboy in Nerukruel pyramid? Does he give any special benefits, or his speech about helping is simply a recruitment offer?
I think it is a recruitment offer, the same as Lilith saying she will help you get to Shelach in Skulheim.

In the end I recruited him after completing the dungeon and went through the circles again. He does reveal a map of path of the elders, and speaks a few lines about feeling better upon leaving Grendel domain, but that's it. No xp for taking him outside or whatever.

How much inspection is needed to take the orb from the top of the pyramid? I brought Rosy there (58), but it's not enough.
So, did you found how to get the orb ?

The character's STR is also involved in the inspection check. Not sure about the actual numbers, sadly.

Rpguy

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath

How / why do you have 100 in inspection?

Nixheb

Arcane

How / why do you have 100 in inspection?
Little rosy looked perfect for the job. Tried 10 times, no luck.
So I edited the skill value to give her 100, for testing purpose - sorry, no time for grinding.

Tigranes

Arcane
From memory so may be wrong, but superhigh (75+) inspection did seem to work on the first try.

Fowyr

Arcane
Vatnik
One of my frontliners is lycanthrope and fuck it's since forever. :negative:
I don't know what to do. He is now constantly hides in the battle and party effectively lost third of its attack strength.

Viata

Arcane
Does someone knows how to cure lycanthrope, btw? One of my characters had it, but he recovered by itself, but it may be from a fountain, can't remember if I drank anything that recovered that. I was used to lycanthrope after a while so I hardly looked to see if my characters was normal again.

Fowyr

Arcane
Vatnik
Tabernacle of Music, where is the code for the Harmonium, on a skeleton?
Skeleton is Library Policeman, but it only gives you bunch of reagents and potions. I'm trying to find code right now.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom