Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Grimoire gets released!!

pakoito

Arcane
Patron
http://www.grimoirethegame.com/

Grimoire is a multiplayer wizard FPS with MOBA-style abilities that puts the player in control of devastating magic; deep spell mechanics enhance classic shooter action with tactics and trickery unique to magical battles. Explore a dark medieval world through three exciting game modes that put a new twist on old favorites. Fight for territory, prestige, and your very survival. Scorch your enemies, vanish into thin air, or turn to stone with dozens of powerful spells at your command!

I'm fairly new to the codex, but wasn't this one of the most anticipated games ever?

Norfleet

Hah, looks like Cleve loses the race and doesn't get to keep the name.

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
_800x800__1396560475.jpg

Norfleet

Bah, the way I see it, they've earned the rights to the name more than Cleve has, they actually made a game. I have plenty of vaporware where someone subsequently made an actual game by that name. Did I make a scene about it? No...I just changed the name, they got there first. You've never heard about this, because I'm not here to peddle vaporware.

Curious_Tongue

Larpfest
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014
Bah, the way I see it, they've earned the rights to the name more than Cleve has, they actually made a game. I have plenty of vaporware where someone subsequently made an actual game by that name. Did I make a scene about it? No...I just changed the name, they got there first. You've never heard about this, because I'm not here to peddle vaporware.

You're a vaporware developer?

Would you tell us about some of your projects?

shihonage

Subscribe to my OnlyFans
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
Hey guys I never had a baby, but I attach the same value to naming my fictional baby as someone who is in delivery room now having a real one

mastroego

Arcane
lol, someone just received a loud, reverberating lesson :lol::lol:
(game looks shitty but that's not the point)

Astral Rag

Arcane
Hah, looks like Cleve loses the race and doesn't get to keep the name.
It's in early access and will be for at least 6 more months (probably much longer) while we will be playing the real Grimoire by this time tomorrow.

Also this game looks pretty bad.
994A9487247FEDBDD17E807B93E9BD1F7EEFC84F

Last edited:
Weasel
Best not to talk shit about this abortion of a game, I hear they've got a crackerjack video game attorney.

pakoito

Arcane
Patron
It reminds me of The Soulkeeper, except without any improvement in 10 years. It was an awesome mod, tho.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Well, Cleveland Mark Blakemore, I am so disappointed with this game, I though you'd do better, but this is an abomination. You should be banned on RPGCodex. I have played for like half an hour and my pants were already full of diarrhea. Neanderthal quality my ass.

Cleveland Mark Blakemore

Golden Era Games
Übermensch Developer
I really believed this would be a slick, commercial well polished piece of popamole. Seriously. I thought it would be really good for what it is.

I could post a screenshot from Hexen right beside this, rest assured Hexen looked and played better than this utter dreck.

EDIT : These guys need to press F1 and look up applying bilinear fog in Unity. Nobody uses the default curve that is seen here. Nobody. Unity users learned by 2011 how to apply a custom curve and free community shaders to create superb looking fog. I guess these guys are using the Unreal Engine. They obviously don't know much about that engine either. I've got tons of short experimental landscapes in Unity with fog that crap all over this.

EDIT : Vertices on those textures for ramp and walls look so godawful amateurish. Unbelievably naf.

EDIT : Oh lord no kinetics on any of the figures, looks like Legacy anims even for death sequences. The Decline is strong with this one.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom