Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Grimoire now has a Wikipedia article!

Self-Ejected

c2007

Self-Ejected
Drama.

Was funny at times.

Learned something - Sophos is a pedantic fuck and to properly understand this life and how to survive, someone needs to slap the shit of him, just one good slap to the face. That level of doublespeak isn't automatically produced for a trolling effort... It is well practiced, and made me want to jump through my screen and choke it.

As for the major topic of thread, it appears that a fair portion of the Codex cannot come to grips with their sexual desires; specifically I see a few of you that obviously lust for big black tranny cock.

If that's what you want, end the charade of childish racism and heterosexuality ya lot of cucks.

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
Says the guy with the worst taste regarding games I've noticed here so far.

And you base that on absolutely nothing other than "STOP DISLIKING WHAT I LIKE!!!".

Get real. Grimoire is a piece of shit and that's exclusively because Cleve thinks a 1997 game is perfectly acceptable in 2017. But I'm not surprised when the Codex is a forum where people think nostalgia is much more important than playability.

New Vegas is IMO the best RPG ever made, but that doesn't mean I go around saying "THE BUGS MAKE IT FAR BETTER, I LOVE GAMEBRYO, SHITTY LIGHTING FILTERS 4LIFE!" (which is exactly what people imply when they say Grimoire is perfect).

EDIT: Don't get me wrong, I don't think the Codex is a forum with no credibility like many others say. But I do think the Codex has zero credibility in a lot of topics, "Grimoire is the best thing ever" being one of them. Anyone who says that has shit taste in my opinion, from an objective point of view.

Iznaliu

Arbiter
I wish decent leftists like Orwell were alive to call you out on your arrogant totalitarian thought policing. You were already overreaching with the confederate battle flag ban and GamerGate suppression,

So if I smear shit on the walls of the White House, that's free speech and people who tell me not to are the next Stalin or Hitler?

Anac'raxus

Learned
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I wish decent leftists like Orwell were alive to call you out on your arrogant totalitarian thought policing. You were already overreaching with the confederate battle flag ban and GamerGate suppression,

So if I smear shit on the walls of the White House, that's free speech and people who tell me not to are the next Stalin or Hitler?

If you smear shit on an American Flag it is indeed free speech. You'd probably be arrested just for climbing the fence to get to the White House, though.

BTW, the "silence Nazis or be like Stormfront in a few months" might actually be extortion, and not free speech.

Last edited:

Anac'raxus

Learned
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
BTW, the "silence Nazis or be like Stormfront in a few months" might actually be extortion, and not free speech.

Anything is free speech by your standards; free speech and extortion aren't mutually exclusive.

LOL, the rest of my first post was how it's not necessary to chose between thought policing and spam control. Splitting off topic tangents from threads is not totalitarian thought policing either.

The shit on the flag isn't my standard, anyway, it's the one implied by the 1990s flag burning decision. Of course, it doesn't include flags the shitter doesn't own.

mondblut

Arcane
Cleve thinks a 1997 game is perfectly acceptable in 2017.

And as far as non-faggots are concerned, he is right. Moreover, among non-faggots a 1997 game is highly sought after in 2017. But it takes a non-faggot to understand. Not expected from fanboys of Oblivion: Guns & CYOA edition.

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
And as far as non-faggots are concerned, he is right. Moreover, among non-faggots a 1997 game is highly sought after in 2017.

You mean nostalgia faggots? Why does Grimoire even need a mouse? That shit is for babies, let's go back to the glorious days of PLATO and use keyboard only. I get it some users are retarded, but it's funny to see them justify how blatantly ignoring quality of life improvements accumulated in the span of 20 years is acceptable. I get it that it is the best Cleve could do, but that doesn't make it acceptable.

Not expected from fanboys of Oblivion: Guns & CYOA edition.

It says something when even the most unpolished and unfinished game based on a Bethesda engine is still more polished and complete than Grimoire.

And is a better RPG to boot. Not to mention its consolized interface is still better than Grimoire's.

mondblut

Arcane
You mean nostalgia faggots?

If you are not a "nostalgia faggot", you are just a homo. I mean the kind of a fag who sucks cocks and likes to take it up his ass. Not even a decent one like Jaesun. Try not to spill your latte on your ipad.

Why does Grimoire even need a mouse?

It doesn't.

blatantly ignoring quality of life improvements accumulated in the span of 20 years

Oh, teh game is teh hard without supporting a joystick with a single "awesome" button?

Go back to playing angry birds on a tablet.

And is a better RPG to boot.

The shit I laid today knows more about better RPGs than you do.

Unwanted

Wehraboo

Unwanted
And what games DO sigourn and Iznaliu play? Oh right, nothing. They obviously did not register for games at all, and it's pretty sad how many people obsess on grimwah that would never in a million years even play such a game :lol:

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
And what games DO sigourn and Iznaliu play? Oh right, nothing. They obviously did not register for games at all, and it's pretty sad how many people obsess on grimwah that would never in a million years even play such a game :lol:

I would play Grimoire if the author decided to make a 2017 game as opposed to a 1997 game. If I want to play a 1997 game, I will play a 1997 game.

Saying "yes, I will play Grimoire!" is no different than saying "I'm okay with developers not learning from 20 years of evolution". Unlike what mondblut believes, the evolution I talk about is the very same that gave Grimoire a graphical user interface as opposed to a completely command-based videogame.

Look at this mod.

It's the same type of evolution I mean: making the user interface as unintrusive as possible. Pretending an annoying user interface is a good thing is because people are being morons, or nostalgia fags (acceptable as long as they admit they like it because of nostalgia). There are no other ways around it.

Of course, I don't expect retards like mondblut to understand anything so simple, but ironically these are the same users who then complain about some games' consolized interface. You won't see me telling them "ohhh you poor casual, the interface not good enough for you to play the game?".

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
So why are you even in this thread? The game is what it is and won't suddenly become a "2017 game" - whatever that means.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom