Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Grimoire Thread

Tigranes

Arcane
So having got a couple of tablets and completed Skulheim - that felt like a proper dungeon, lots of areas, lots of danger, low on resources, glad to see the light. But now I'm sort of freewheeling. The bug means I can't solve Elias problem for Shrike, and since I've heard it's not crucial I can't be arsed Recruiting Dahlia to bring her all the way back. But without any further leads from either Khan or Shrike I don't really have any leads/quests? Obviously I could just traipse around all the known areas, but I'm curious as to how the player is supposed to be led into the whole Vanguard power struggle, lift the lockdown on Waterport, get into that Green Pantaloon place and all taht.

Viata

Arcane
You finally enter the golden era restaurant, you have been on the waiting list for years! Looking at the other customers you see some esteemed member of society. A monocoled waiter approaches. on the menu you see some stinking donuts but this is not why you came here.
In bold letters you see a 40$ steak, with a picture so juicy your mouth starts to water. You hear the chef yelling from the back "Order the steak! I have been growing this cow for years! it is much better than McDonnalds or the other shit you have been eating all those years"
You tell the waiter "steak please, I already paid 100$ years ago! here is my coupon". The minutes go by the dozens, you look at the customers, some are eating donuts, some are sleeping, then someone yells "I am done waiting, I'll go eat somewhere else!" and leaves.
You hear the chef yelling "And don't come back! this place is not for you! you don't deserve to eat this fine piece of steak! it is the greatest steak ever made!!! "
Hours have passed... the smell is great and you are so hungry! "ITZ COMING!!!" you hear from the back. time passes, you start to wonder if the steak will ever come out... why do I stay you think to yourself? then you recall the free small samples they handed outside and your resolve grows.
ZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzz..... "It's here mister wake up!" Can it be true? did my steak arrive? you look at the plate "ITZ HERE!" you take a bite and starts to chew... "God I am so hungry this is so great... wait is that a bug?!" you spit the steak and crash to the bathroom.
You return to your sit and call the waiter "Sorry mister no reason to get so fussed up", here is a new steak. You take another bite, you calm down, you chew... "WTF another bug?, I demand to see the chef!", you get up and go to the kitchen and yell at the chef "This steak is horrible, I cant eat it like this!"
"Don't worry sir, here is a new steak, go back please", you go back to your sit, but your chair and table disappeared! "WTF happened to my sit?!" "Sorry sir, you'll have to return tomorrow and make a new order, free of charge" after some shouting and arguing you give up and leave.
A new day arrives, you return to the and start over. You take a bite and chew, the aroma is great, the texture is nearly perfect but the taste is kind of strange... you go to the chef "Execuse me but why is there so much salt in the steak?"
The chef says he knows the amount of salt is unbalanced but promises eventually the next steaks will taste real good! you go back to your place you finish the steak quickly. Some new customers arrive. "Is the steak really good?" they ask.
"It has great potential but even the chef said he totally messed up with the salt". Out of nowhere the chef comes storming out of the kitchen,a big gorilla like man, with veins popping in his forehead he grabs you firmly and tosses you out of the resteraunt.
"YOU CAN KEEP YOUR STINKING MONEY AND DON'T YOU EVER COME BACK HERE, I NEVER SAID ANY OF THAT YOU PATHETIC EXUSE OF A HUMAN BEING". you are waiting for him to give you you money back but he just slams the door.

:negative:
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::bravo:

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
So having got a couple of tablets and completed Skulheim - that felt like a proper dungeon, lots of areas, lots of danger, low on resources, glad to see the light. But now I'm sort of freewheeling. The bug means I can't solve Elias problem for Shrike, and since I've heard it's not crucial I can't be arsed Recruiting Dahlia to bring her all the way back. But without any further leads from either Khan or Shrike I don't really have any leads/quests? Obviously I could just traipse around all the known areas, but I'm curious as to how the player is supposed to be led into the whole Vanguard power struggle, lift the lockdown on Waterport, get into that Green Pantaloon place and all taht.

You can get into the Mandarin place by either completing Shrike's first two quests, by stealing a key from him or by killing him. You also have the Waterport machine, the Cathedral and sea stuff.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
Z7XqC16.png

This NPC then offers to join the party...:M

Last edited:

treborSux

Arcane
Are (decent) guns and ammo incorporated into Grimoire? I haven't read anything about it. Is it something that could be expanded into V2 if they're not there Cleve? Guns weren't a memorable part of Wizardry 7, but I spent so much time getting my skills up for disappointment. It was a cool addition though.

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Try the Sanctuary beginning, you'll get a gun there and some other goodies...

PhantasmaNL

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria
Oh well, since I'm a slow player maybe I'll catch some balance patches as I'm progressing through the game...

Yeah thats my approach too. Since i only have a few hours per week of spare time for games, this will take me close to 20 years to finish. By then Grimoire will be the undisputed king of blobber RPGs.

Viata

Arcane
Are (decent) guns and ammo incorporated into Grimoire? I haven't read anything about it. Is it something that could be expanded into V2 if they're not there Cleve? Guns weren't a memorable part of Wizardry 7, but I spent so much time getting my skills up for disappointment. It was a cool addition though.
You get some in the last dungeon.

Lord Andre

Arcane

slowtard

Educated
But why did Felipe touch Doctor Neanders on the Pepe? That's private, and he should know better.

Someone tell the teacher!

:mrfussy:

And isn't all trans-women ham-fisted? Gotta be!

Rpgsaurus Rex

Why are you people so desperate to suck Cleve's dick? He's a fucking malignant narcissist, and that people actually believe all his self-hype is baffling and disgusting.
Unresolved daddy issues, first-world naiveté (the crackerjack will fix it!), senility or having lived under a rock since 1992.
Once he's milked his game (aka when sales stop, which should be soon) Cleve will withdraw into full shitposting mode again. Have fun waiting for your V2 and printed manual in 2117
in a different reality timeline.

Tigranes

Arcane
lift the lockdown on Waterport
That is by reading a note just next to the entrance of Waterport.

I talked to the guard, read the note, and left. FML.

You can get into the Mandarin place by either completing Shrike's first two quests, by stealing a key from him or by killing him. You also have the Waterport machine, the Cathedral and sea stuff.

Cool, that's all I needed, not too spoilery. Off I wander.

Weasel
Steamspy acknowledge their estimates tend to fluctuate with newly-released smaller titles, Grimoire proving to be quite an example of that

pXbkZr8.png

Brancaleone

Liturgist
Yeah IDK what's the point of reviewing a game that is decided to be better waiting until it's done being patched.
I understand your point.

On the other hand, if almost two weeks after its release and after some 25 (?) iteration it is still not the time to review the game, that means that felipepepe was definitely right in calling it Early Access material.

RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In
Why is everyone treating Felipepepe's review like a huge deal. Debating on whatever calling Grimoire "broken" will turn off the potential customers is pointless since most people won't even read it. They will see "mostly positive" Steam rating, which usually means that the game is kinda shitty, read some random negative reviews what the deal is and then buy the game or not. No reason to care that much about one person when the game has only 70% of positive reviews and is on the verge of dropping to "mixed" category. Ironically banning Felipepepe and treatening to get his key revoked will probably do more damage then any single Steam review might.

vdweller

Arcane
Developer
I counted today with analysis tool, original lines of code in Grimoire written by me (not counting Shams) is 56,000 lines.

That's impressively concise. Including Shams's code, what's the size of the original codebase?

ADOM is 150k lines, DOOMRL is 159k. Dwarf Fortress was well over 300k in 2013.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom