Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Grimoire Thread

Biggus

Scholar
So is this game bad now? It was the second coming for the first 50 pages or something.

Nah, it was always bad, just that the sheer shock of it coming out after 20 plus years blinded some people. Some astonishingly remain blind! :)

Calvin is still trying (not with much success) to make the game stats work the way he says (thinks) they are supposed to. Pretty obvious that he has no clue how they work and while ever a certain piece of software exists that can prove him wrong in seconds, he has to tread carefully, very carefully.

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
We're waiting for Cleve to get around to releasing the manual and doing some updates on the game. So it's the same as always in this thread, waiting forever.

Cosmic Bane

Educated
I remember a long time ago Cleve claimed that the Blakemore clan were Saxons who kept a little black man in a tiny boat who did all the talking to people not of the clan, I was playing Star Control II and this struck me as being the same thing as the Ur Quan Talking Pets.

It sounded like such a weird story especially for the time frame when blacks much have been quite the rarity in europe. It was the only time I came to doubt that Cleve is a real person and this is not all some elaborate shennanigans. Now that the game is out, it occurs to me this story must actually be true as well :lol:

I wish I could find some written histories of this because it must have been some wild stuff.

Iznaliu

Arbiter
We're waiting for Cleve to get around to releasing the manual and doing some updates on the game. So it's the same as always in this thread, waiting forever.

And obviously when Cleve manages to finish that and smash a few taxis, then we will be waiting for something else to be fixed.

Dorateen

Arcane
In addition to the other things Grimoire does right, I'm enjoying immensely the NPC interaction; how various characters relate to one another and their place in the world of Hyperborea. Of course, keyword-parser based conversations are the highest ideal to strive for in computer role-playing game design.

eZAZStN.jpg

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
On the Steam forums, he said the manual would be out before the end of November, and that V2 would be out before Christmas.

You do realize Cleve lies constantly.

I still remenber when he told all that shit about the rejected Wiz 8 project, and everyone in the Codex called him a liar and dumbfuck. And then it all turned out to be true. Good times.

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
On the Steam forums, he said the manual would be out before the end of November, and that V2 would be out before Christmas.

You do realize Cleve lies constantly.

I still remenber when he told all that shit about the rejected Wiz 8 project, and everyone in the Codex called him a liar and dumbfuck. And then it all turned out to be true. Good times.

What? That he was a dumbfuck and got fired? Yeah...that was true.

Zep--

I see you are still triggered by that shit Cleve told you.

Anyway, you now I was referring to that gay fan-faction called "Stones of Arnhem". Nobody belived him and when the files showed up everybody cried.

Also I believe he resigned from Sir-Tech.

--Zepo

Doctor Sbaitso

SO, TELL ME ABOUT YOUR PROBLEMS.
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands
He did resign, but only after warning the Sirotech brothers several times of what was going on, and only after spending many months trying to push through it all to deliver the next great Wizardry. Cleve's assertions shaped what was thought of him due to the sheer absurdity of the situation as he described it.

Iznaliu

Arbiter
Simple question: if Cleve isn't ashamed of himself, why doesn't he post here anymore?

It is important to remember that he could be having issues that are entirely unrelated to Grimoire and the Codex (e.g. he's lost his internet connection) that prevent him from posting here.

Tigranes

Arcane
People lose internet connection so often these days.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom