Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Grimoire Thread

Rpguy

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
New main menu screen for V2 is looking pretty good. Probably will not be in the next update but the following update in tandem with manual. Since a lot of the V2 content is ready I may do just one more update before the release of V2 / Manual all in one day. If that is the case I will talk to my friend Matt Barton on his channel before it goes up live. V2 will have substantial discount when it goes up.

New V2 content contains massive subplot I left out of the first release of Grimoire because it was incomplete. It included mini games which I just now added.

Come on cleave it's been over a year now and the main menu screen haven’t been changed yet! don't break tradition.

Suggestion: all the characters in the picture would be the fake dwarves or whatever you call them, cause that's the only race worth playing

Last edited:

Bohr

Arcane
New main menu screen for V2 is looking pretty good. Probably will not be in the next update but the following update in tandem with manual. Since a lot of the V2 content is ready I may do just one more update before the release of V2 / Manual all in one day. If that is the case I will talk to my friend Matt Barton on his channel before it goes up live. V2 will have substantial discount when it goes up.

New V2 content contains massive subplot I left out of the first release of Grimoire because it was incomplete. It included mini games which I just now added.

Got this translated on palaeolexicon.com, resulting in:

Working on another main menu screen. Manual release delayed until V2

:salute:

karnak

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In I helped put crap in Monomyth

Go, Cleve, go! And smash those forces of Decline.
(and also don't forget your GOG release promise)

giphy.gif

Cleveland Mark Blakemore

Golden Era Games
Übermensch Developer

Come on cleave it's been over a year now and the main menu screen haven’t been changed yet! don't break tradition.

Suggestion: all the characters in the picture would be the fake dwarves or whatever you call them, cause that's the only race worth playing

I just added a configuration switch to change between the original menu screen and the new one. There is the capacity there to add others in the future.

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
I just added a configuration switch to change between the original menu screen and the new one. There is the capacity there to add others in the future.

There should be a new Grimoire title screen every year - some traditions are worth holding on to.

Though seriously, I'd include the very first one and maybe the one with the knight as well.

GandGolf

Augur
GOLDEN ERA GAMES
View Profile
View Posts
[developer] 18 hours ago
New update before this weekend, probably the last one before the manual comes out. After manual is out the V2 version will come out. Since people have played and completed Grimoire and enjoyed it deliriously for upwards of 300 hours or more in a single campaign I think you should take the criticisms with a grain of salt.

So much for the weekend update...

Last edited:

Dorateen

Arcane
GOLDEN ERA GAMES
View Profile
View Posts
[developer] 18 hours ago
New update before this weekend, probably the last one before the manual comes out. After manual is out the V2 version will come out. Since people have played and completed Grimoire and enjoyed it deliriously for upwards of 300 hours or more in a single campaign I think you should take the criticisms with a grain of salt.

So much for the weekend update...

Clearly, "this weekend" means next weekend.

Rpguy

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
29 April - GOLDEN ERA GAMES

Grimoire 1.2.0.75-R Update
This update is the LAST update before Grimoire V2 comes out with the manual! This update specifically targets the problem with full screen on 4K monitors and several other devices. There is a provision in the configuration menu now to test a very wide variety of auto-detected compatible resolutions for full screen mode with centering, scaling and window boxing as an option for all resolutions on your monitor that fall somewhere between the native resolution and 2x scaling.

The DEFAULT is now full screen and your existing config file will be overwritten! You can go into configuration and change to windowed mode if you'd prefer as was the default in previous versions. You still have to reboot the application to see screen resolution changes.

There are numerous fixes for various issues in this update and some of them are substantial improvements to playability.

ESCAPE key exits NPC dialogue text input now which is convenient for exiting without typing "BYE" or "QUIT" etc.

There is a new encryption scheme on the resource file which will break existing resource hackers but if you are a low test beta cuck using a savegame editor you should still find that works unmodified. The savegame files have not been encrypted because it might break compatibility with very early versions.

The new splash screen for the main menu was disabled although a config option for it is present. The new splash screen will be present in the coming V2 and then this option will work to switch between classic original splash screen (the one now) and the new "Grimoire" tome menu screen.

The option to activate TABLET ROBBERS is working but this is still being fine tuned and may exhibit some irregularities. No matter what happens, you can still get the tablets from The White Owl later in the game no matter who steals them away initially! It is likely additional information will be added to some of the spells to tell you who has what tablets and where they are going in the game. Some of this code was commented out for years and has only recently been commented back in. With more debugging and testing there may be multiple targets for sequestration of tablets robbed from caches, there is existing data now in the editor for the map that is not used to implement this very feature. For example, a Rhattu stealing a tablet and hiding it in Nerukruel Pyramid instead of it being collected by the White Owl eventually. All this is being implemented in V2 without disturbing existing savegames.

Constitution lost through resurrection is now regained to the race base at character creation every time the party sleeps. Just thought this is something that should not be a permanent penalty when a character is resurrected.

GandGolf

Augur
This update is the LAST update before Grimoire V2 comes out with the manual! This update specifically targets the problem with full screen on 4K monitors and several other devices. There is a provision in the configuration menu now to test a very wide variety of auto-detected compatible resolutions for full screen mode with centering, scaling and window boxing as an option for all resolutions on your monitor that fall somewhere between the native resolution and 2x scaling.

The DEFAULT is now full screen and your existing config file will be overwritten! You can go into configuration and change to windowed mode if you'd prefer as was the default in previous versions. You still have to reboot the application to see screen resolution changes.

There are numerous fixes for various issues in this update and some of them are substantial improvements to playability.

ESCAPE key exits NPC dialogue text input now which is convenient for exiting without typing "BYE" or "QUIT" etc.

There is a new encryption scheme on the resource file which will break existing resource hackers but if you are a low test beta cuck using a savegame editor you should still find that works unmodified. The savegame files have not been encrypted because it might break compatibility with very early versions.

The new splash screen for the main menu was disabled although a config option for it is present. The new splash screen will be present in the coming V2 and then this option will work to switch between classic original splash screen (the one now) and the new "Grimoire" tome menu screen.

The option to activate TABLET ROBBERS is working but this is still being fine tuned and may exhibit some irregularities. No matter what happens, you can still get the tablets from The White Owl later in the game no matter who steals them away initially! It is likely additional information will be added to some of the spells to tell you who has what tablets and where they are going in the game. Some of this code was commented out for years and has only recently been commented back in. With more debugging and testing there may be multiple targets for sequestration of tablets robbed from caches, there is existing data now in the editor for the map that is not used to implement this very feature. For example, a Rhattu stealing a tablet and hiding it in Nerukruel Pyramid instead of it being collected by the White Owl eventually. All this is being implemented in V2 without disturbing existing savegames.

Constitution lost through resurrection is now regained to the race base at character creation every time the party sleeps. Just thought this is something that should not be a permanent penalty when a character is resurrected.

And only a week late!

LootSeeker

Educated

Fantastic! Cleve delivers again. I can't wait until the next update, which might be next Friday, and perhaps even soon, but I have no doubt it will happen.

makchanka

Arbiter
This is startlingly fast for Cleve. Only a week late on his promise? Jesus. I wonder if he's OK. I guess the manual is still very nearly a year late though, so he's probably alright.

PhantasmaNL

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria
Cleveland Mark Blakemore

FYI

The update caused the game to crash on startup, failing to "set the resolution of the desktop". Im working on a 1920*1200 resolution screen.

Of course when crashing on startup the configuration screen is also not available to make changes..

I worked around this by adjusting the resolution of my desktop to the first lower setting that didnt crash the game, 1600*1200 (i think). Games runs fine after that, also in windowed which i prefer.

Another thing i noticed is that all settings revert to default, music levels and difficulty and that Tablet Robber is ON by default. I switched this to OFF since you warn about possible unintended behavior and i am not sure how this impacts an existing save. Does it work on existing saves? And can you elaborate on the possible issues when turned ON?

Cleveland Mark Blakemore

Golden Era Games
Übermensch Developer
Cleveland Mark Blakemore

FYI

The update caused the game to crash on startup, failing to "set the resolution of the desktop". Im working on a 1920*1200 resolution screen.

Of course when crashing on startup the configuration screen is also not available to make changes..

I worked around this by adjusting the resolution of my desktop to the first lower setting that didnt crash the game, 1600*1200 (i think). Games runs fine after that, also in windowed which i prefer.

Another thing i noticed is that all settings revert to default, music levels and difficulty and that Tablet Robber is ON by default. I switched this to OFF since you warn about possible unintended behavior and i am not sure how this impacts an existing save. Does it work on existing saves? And can you elaborate on the possible issues when turned ON?

I fixed this. I guess some modern machines literally do not report compatibility with 1024x768 mode. I never foresaw this happening.

So now it simply uses WHATEVER resolution you are starting with as the default. Then you can experiment with other modes if you want and scaling.

Existing savegames have been serialising all the data for tomb robbers in and out so there should be zero compatibility issues. It is just turned on and debugged in this version.

When turned on, NPCS begin to move around the map, some of them look for tablets and will steal them if they manage to get to them before you do. They will carry them for long periods of time until the White Owl takes them away at some point and he will have them when you visit.

GandGolf

Augur
This update is the LAST update before Grimoire V2 comes out with the manual!

Cleve: "So if you find any new new bugs, no matter how unbalancing or game breaking they may be, you'll just have to wait for version 2 for them to get fixed, you ingrateful, filthy SJWs!"

kintake

Savant
Loving all the negativity from people who have jack-shit to showcase. You wanna show someone you're above them, make them your bitch (not in the Romero sense), bring more than just words to the table, go work hard and get some results you benign oxygen wasters.

index.php

Arcane
Grimoire 1.2.0.76-R Update
* Some players reported being unable to detect or set the default resolution of 1024x768x16 so a slightly altered version was updated to simply use whatever the current resolution is at bootup for the full-screen default. This means Grimoire will use whatever is present, assuming some sort of computer display device is hooked up. If you are viewing Grimoire on a VT102 ASCII terminal you are going to get an error.

Solanacean

Educated
Cleve, the annoying bug with the sound effects volume slider affecting the overall volume is still there. CDXSound::SetDIGIVolume changes master volume, you should use CDXSoundBuffer::SetVolume instead.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom