Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline *groan* Will someone please fucking back me up here?

tiagocc0

Arcane
Is it just me who thought Tommy Wiseau was a bit too suspicious while defending copx The Wanderer?

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
DU plays you fuckers like violins. It's amazing how easily manipulated some people are~

Smashing Axe

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
No, I am copx

spartacus-2.jpg

copx

!Copx went away forever for almost a week
Yeah, just for the record here, how I tell if a user is going to be a shitcock who causes problems:
- They register with a proxy.
- They post with a proxy (yes, these are two separate points - some register with their valid IP and then post with a proxy)
No dumbfuck. They are the same point. Proxies: You either use them successfully or you might as well not be using them at all. If you register with your real IP, then you fail.

[I am a dumbass with an irrational hatred for mail.com]
Okay then.

- They post in Site Feedback telling me about their "rights".
- The really problematic ones go one step further and PM me about it.
- They usually do the above two in the most annoying way possible.
:butthurt:

[The beatings will continue until morale improves. WHY ISN'T IT WORKING???!111]
Dude, all you had to do was just behave like a decent human being and we could've avoided all this shit. Seriously man, I don't know what planet you're on that you expect to chain-harass someone and walk away thinking you're cool, but you're a dumbass. Even now, if you'd just left it at removing the redirect, we'd've been cool.

That's your problem now, not mine.
Dude, if you want first dibs on reading my posts that's still your problem. Hey, this post is in queue. What are the odds you're still reading it?

:yeah:

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Yeah, just for the record here, how I tell if a user is going to be a shitcock who causes problems:
- They register with a proxy.
- They post with a proxy (yes, these are two separate points - some register with their valid IP and then post with a proxy)
No dumbfuck. They are the same point. Proxies: You either use them successfully or you might as well not be using them at all. If you register with your real IP, then you fail.
Here's the thing: I have 11 years experience managing this forum. You don't. Said users may very well "fail" at using a proxy but they exist. And I've noticed distinct differences between those that do one vs both. Namely those that do both really aren't here to debate and discuss RPGs, instead for example, telling me to "drop these fucking moderators", like I'm gonna listen to some newly registered scrub?

[I am a dumbass with an irrational hatred for mail.com]
Okay then.
Again, experience moderating this forum. We banned mail.com and its variants once because of the number of whiny troll-tards who would register accounts with it. There's a certain type that go for mail.com right off the bat. In the vast majority of cases, they're alts from users that we've previously banned (or like copx, which have left and then come back pretending they're a "new user" despite both seemingly knowing the history of the forum and its "purpose" while at the same time telling me how it should be run - usually over the reason they left / were kicked out in the first place).

[The beatings will continue until morale improves. WHY ISN'T IT WORKING???!111]
Dude, all you had to do was just behave like a decent human being and we could've avoided all this shit.
It's really taken you this long to surmise I'm not a decent human being? I thought you knew what this place was about?

Seriously man, I don't know what planet you're on that you expect to chain-harass someone and walk away thinking you're cool, but you're a dumbass. Even now, if you'd just left it at removing the redirect, we'd've been cool.
I'm very disappointed to learn that we're not "cool" The Wanderer.

That's your problem now, not mine.
Dude, if you want first dibs on reading my posts that's still your problem. Hey, this post is in queue. What are the odds you're still reading it?

:yeah:
Actually, I usually ignore whatever's in the moderation queue. I assume JarlFrank or one of the other admins approved this.

EDIT: Also, nobody backed you up as per request in your thread. Therefore I can only assume most people wouldn't mind if you were banned and that you'd be happy with that outcome. I did want to point out the irony of you complaining about "the masses" in your copx is leaving thread and appealing to those same masses with your own thread here but llamas migrated to South America about 3 million years ago.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
I will back up the move to ban RK47 who lately has turned into an image macro posting meme. In the interim, I have discouraged and queued him.

Jim Cojones

Prophet
I will back up the move to ban RK47 who lately has turned into an image macro posting meme. In the interim, I have discouraged and queued him.
I think I might have just stumbled on to possibly the greatest kodex innovation since brofits. I'd like to see the site setup to put posts in queue by default for all users. Posters would have to earn the right to be un-queued via various amazing quality posts and possibly some kind of quiz or feats of strength (each users individual discretion, of course). I'm still sketching out the details here but I just want to throw this up so we can whiteboard it and make the kodex a better, more healthy environment.

Also, if we look at this from a legal standpoint, you're not running a risk of a possible repetitive injury lawsuit down the road since the current queueing process is just to much clicking.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom