Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Gruntz! appreciation thread

catfood

AGAIN
This is the thread where we talk about the greatest game ever made that no one has ever played.

Seriously, am I the only one who's heard of this?

7MM3.jpg

Gruntz! is an insanely funny strategy/puzzle/action game where you control a team of gruntz whose job is to collect the warp stone in each level and take it back to the king. There are 32 levelz scattered over 8 different tile-setz, filled with puzzlez which you solve using the many many toolz, many toyz (yes, toys) and many powerupz that are available. Apart from that there is also a "battle mode" which plays a little bit like an RTS, but honestly I find it much too hectic and so I just stick to the regular levelz.

If you want a funny puzzle game that you can relax to after a hard day's work give Gruntz! a try. The gagz still manage to make me smile even after all these years.

The bad part is that you can't install it on a 64 bit system. The good part is that it can run on a 64 bit system so if you find a cd-rip that's cracked you're good to go. Potentially it might work with a non-cracked cd-ripped version (that is, one that still asks for the CD) if you have the ISO mounted. Haven't tried it this way but it might potentially work. Personally I play it on my netbook which as Win7 Starter on it, 32-bit of course.

Tytus

Arcane
I've played it. It came with some magazine back in the day when I was much younger. And it was dirt cheap so I bought it. The magazine's paper smelled like a elephant's cage though. My CD of it is still laying around somewhere in my house.

The game was pretty enjoyable and the Gruntz death animations were pretty funny. But other than that, I don't remember much about the game. Though I didn't feel like I wasted my money buying it so on some level I probaby liked it.

Job Creator

Arcane
was reminded of this recently when a friend tried remembering its name after playing it in his childhood
it was good back then but no idea if it still is

zlocish

Educated
You are right sir. Great mix of RTS and puzzle.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom