Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Guido Fawkes (aka FretRider) should not be banned

FretRider should not be banned

• Indeed, he should not be banned, I love him and his stalinistic antics

Votes: 41 21.2%
  • (LIBRUL) Ban him

Votes: 38 19.7%
  • (MILDLY LIBRUL) Exile him to RPGWatch

Votes: 29 15.0%
  • (STRONGLY LIBRUL) Ban him and Moribund

Votes: 47 24.4%
  • (ANARCHIST) Free Jim Profit!

Votes: 38 19.7%

• Total voters
Repressed Homosexual
The thing is that bryce's accounts talked about completely different matters, all the time, for thousands of posts. It doesn't even begin to make sense that he would completely turn over into something wholly different with entirely new interests and an entirely different writing style. The two were nothing alike from all I saw.

Repressed Homosexual
But this is a whole other scale, we're talking about the body of works of someone over the course of many years, over thousands and thousands of posts. At some point the humanity and parts of the real person can't help but shine through.

EG

Nullified
The thing is that bryce's accounts talked about completely different matters, all the time, for thousands of posts. It doesn't even begin to make sense that he would completely turn over into something wholly different with entirely new interests and an entirely different writing style. The two were nothing alike from all I saw.

Assuming all those e-mails supplied by others were written by FretRider, I'd say there's a very good chance that he's capable of faking a fake Bryce.

Why? Because it's advocating for the same things as FretRider and attacking the same person FretRider attacks.

You're just trolling now -- you can't be this stupid.

Helton

Arcane
But this is a whole other scale, we're talking about the body of works of someone over the course of many years, over thousands and thousands of posts. At some point the humanity and parts of the real person can't help but shine through.

Accept that's what bryce's "body of works" was, adopting fake internet persona after fake internet persona. Year after year. Alt after alt. And like serious committing to them too.

So actually this is right in line with his MO.

Can anyone knowledgeable please school me in the Codex lore:

1. Who is Chefe?

2. Who is Bryce?

Where can I read their most entertaining posts? If their posts were entertaining, of course...

Jick Magger

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria
So I'll take it that the entire matter is over, seeing as DarkUnderlord ain't budging and Bryce's supposed band of followers are too spineless to actually try anything.

Good riddance, from what little interaction I had with the guy he came off as a thoroughly unpleasant person to deal with.

Helton

Arcane
So I'll take it that the entire matter is over, seeing as DarkUnderlord ain't budging and Bryce's supposed band of followers are too spineless to actually try anything.

Good riddance, from what little interaction I had with the guy he came off as a thoroughly unpleasant person to deal with.
Lol what is there to try exactly?

Bring back bryce let lulz run freely!

DU: My lulz is greater than your lulz.

Oh... :(

Whisky

The Solution
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera
2. Who is Bryce?

An old shitposter who has apparently kept coming back for more with different, but similar personalities. Here is his most infamous topic (He's Jim Kata in this one).

1. Who is Chefe?

Someone else will have to field that one. I can't find specific threads that highlight his style. From what I can tell, he also has come back with numerous alt personalities. If I recall, he also had some fake game he was making, "American Hare" or something. I think he was more passive-aggressive rather than overt like Bryce.

I have insufficient privilege to post in the thread. :(

Man too bad a lot of those guys aren't around anymore. Roqua and Bryce are idiots though. It was funny but then it degraded into boring bullshit. I think I already read this thread when I was luring a long time ago. Will they ever return? Are they maybe already among us? Is Guido Fawkes really Bryce, after all these years? He must surely be a psychopath then.

I guess we'll never know.

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
Asking on Codex who Bryce and Chefe are is kind of like stepping on to the grassy knoll and asking someone, "Didn't something happen here? Some sort of government conspiracy?"

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
You saw the terrifyingly meticulous design documents for American Hare, right?

Why are you askin Chefe if he saw a Chefe post?

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

Playing along is half of the fun.

Admiral jimbob

gay as all hell
Wasteland 2

Lawyer tactics.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Perma-redirect HHR and anyone who agrees with him to some bible thumper forum. Should clean things up nicely.

EG

Nullified
Perma-redirect HHR and anyone who agrees with him to some bible thumper forum. Should clean things up nicely.

But they bring us so much joy in these threads. :(

We can't give that up.

Absalom

33e0d3e5-551d-4c3c-80b1-5930595b4111_zps09d825d5.jpg

:eek: This can't be real...
Someone needs to go undercover and report back on his findings

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom