Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Guido Fawkes (aka FretRider) should not be banned

FretRider should not be banned

• Indeed, he should not be banned, I love him and his stalinistic antics

Votes: 41 21.2%
  • (LIBRUL) Ban him

Votes: 38 19.7%
  • (MILDLY LIBRUL) Exile him to RPGWatch

Votes: 29 15.0%
  • (STRONGLY LIBRUL) Ban him and Moribund

Votes: 47 24.4%
  • (ANARCHIST) Free Jim Profit!

Votes: 38 19.7%

• Total voters

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
tnt-drama.jpg

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Andhaira isn't the one who unmasked his real identity,

This is correct. Andhaira has many failings, but this is not one of them. His main involvement in the Dicksmoker affair was encouraging and egging on the people who did cross the line. Much like a certain dynamic duo of self-proclaimed christians used to spur each other on in politics and religion. Which in turn caused no small amount of regular users to complain about their repeated attempts at derailment and inanity.

and he isn't the one who stood idly while he had the power to nip this incident in the bud,

This is also correct. Nipping incidents like that in the bud would require a proactive moderation who made changes to threads before they got out of hand rather than retardoing them after shit is everywhere. The very kind of moderation that causes no end of complaints from people like yourself in site feedback.

Blaming him in particular for this would be unfair when there are far bigger culprits. By that time the genie was out of the bottle. He also had good intentions and meant to defend Dicksmoker based on his message, and eventually he was remorseful of having done it.

Yes. Andhaira does come across as genuinely remorseful for many of the missteps he makes. He keeps making them whenever he's let back in after a while, which is why he often finds himself on moderation or Watchwitzed. But his punishments have thus far always been temporary in light of the fact. Perhaps if more people would let the all-encompassing light of Allah infuse every crevice of their body, we would no longer have to take corrective measures against other people who transgress. Bryce by comparison has never shown any hint of remorse for the actions that earned him several individual bans across multiple accounts. In fact, most of the times when he writes a message to tell us he's totally over the codex, he then goes on to drag up the same petty grudges that shows he's still resentful and not prepared to change at all. (Trash, Jaesun, mocking DUs shirt which in turn is mocking MENSA, etc.)

Frankly, the difference between Andhaira and Bryce is like night and day. I think it is unfair to Andhaira that you're comparing him with scum like Bryce.

EG

Nullified
What DU and other admins have mostly shown is gross hyperbole and lies about who is an alt of who. I have been accused of being many different people.

And no one cares beyond whether the joke and your reaction to it is humorous or not.

One day, you will understand.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
This is correct. Andhaira has many failings, but this is not one of them. His main involvement in the Dicksmoker affair was encouraging and egging on the people who did cross the line.
Not quite true. Andhaira was the one who contacted Yvonne on YouTube, demanding she take up dickie's love. I also believe he messaged all parties on Facebook.

I wouldn't be perfectly fluent in French if I was all those other posters.
Chefe was fluent in French.

Kattze

Andhaira
Andhaira
This is correct. Andhaira has many failings, but this is not one of them. His main involvement in the Dicksmoker affair was encouraging and egging on the people who did cross the line.
Not quite true. Andhaira was the one who contacted Yvonne on YouTube, demanding she take up dickie's love. I also believe he messaged all parties on Facebook.

Nah, some other guy actually made a throw-away account and gave it to Yvonne so that she can read about Dickie's 'Dilemma'.

Repressed Homosexual

Are there any posts of his that would prove this?

And it is more than that, I have numerous real Canadian IPs in my posting history. I am a French-Canadian, and I have had many exchanges with another French-Canadian codexer, L'ennui, who attested I knew things that were way too specific about the context of Quebec not to originate from there. I posted a picture of the Toronto Sun at some point.

This is correct. Andhaira has many failings, but this is not one of them. His main involvement in the Dicksmoker affair was encouraging and egging on the people who did cross the line. Much like a certain dynamic duo of self-proclaimed christians used to spur each other on in politics and religion. Which in turn caused no small amount of regular users to complain about their repeated attempts at derailment and inanity.

This is also correct. Nipping incidents like that in the bud would require a proactive moderation who made changes to threads before they got out of hand rather than retardoing them after shit is everywhere. The very kind of moderation that causes no end of complaints from people like yourself in site feedback.

Yes. Andhaira does come across as genuinely remorseful for many of the missteps he makes. He keeps making them whenever he's let back in after a while, which is why he often finds himself on moderation or Watchwitzed. But his punishments have thus far always been temporary in light of the fact. Perhaps if more people would let the all-encompassing light of Allah infuse every crevice of their body, we would no longer have to take corrective measures against other people who transgress. Bryce by comparison has never shown any hint of remorse for the actions that earned him several individual bans across multiple accounts. In fact, most of the times when he writes a message to tell us he's totally over the codex, he then goes on to drag up the same petty grudges that shows he's still resentful and not prepared to change at all. (Trash, Jaesun, mocking DUs shirt which in turn is mocking MENSA, etc.)

Frankly, the difference between Andhaira and Bryce is like night and day. I think it is unfair to Andhaira that you're comparing him with scum like Bryce.

Why would this require a proactive moderation? No changes would need to be made as far as allowing a relatively hands-off moderation to continue. It would just need to be clear that trying to harm someone in real life is frowned upon, and will generate swift deletion and punishment. But then again the rules are supposed to already be amended to that effect.

Guido also behaved a lot more like a regular poster when he came back last year. He does have his tendency to be inflammatory, but he is still a real poster who wants to make genuine contributions and backs what he says with real posts instead of one liners and emoticons, and I have been trying to convince him to be more tactful. He admitted as much in some of his last messages and said he desired to change. It's not fair to paint him as someone who wants to do nothing but be a pest.

And the thing is that on this place, in and of itself, abrasiveness and rudeness are not supposed to be frowned upon. It would disqualify a huge percentage of the user base from the get go. Neither is holding grudges, or criticizing mods or admins.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
I can't tell if it's all an act or people really are that disturbed to care so much about their esteem and standing in Codexian circles.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
I like how he first tells Crooked Bee to go kill herself, admits he's been trolling, then threatens Trash and me, before saying he's going to sue us... for what seems to be defamation. :lol: And by banning Bryce, we're ruining his RPG because like, I guess we have some obligation to every RPG developer in the world to promote their games or something.

Humanity has risen! : Chefe used to live in Canada.

tiagocc0

Arcane
He wants to sue DU over a fake name?

EDIT: "Ow shit, you ruined my fake name, that was my only chance to make money, you ruined my life! Because of that I will continue to do what I have always done, I will be BACK!"
:troll:

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
And no, I NEVER interacted with trash much when I posted there as he and sheek were like two sides of the same coin of utter retardation but his years and years of lies and defamation and bullshit about me have been enough make me hate that puny little cocksucker. He, too, knows good and god damned well I am not the same guy and he just lies and lies. If I weren't a christian I'd just go up and choke the fucker to death right in the street.

http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1061202199&postcount=2873

:troll:

Anselmus

Arcane
So when are we going to open the kickstarter for the Catfish-esque documentary investigation into the labyrinth of Codexian alts?

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
typical day at the rpgcodex:
polltennudes.jpeg

(the same two people cloned many times 'discussing')

Erica Falx

Educated
ManWhoJaped said:
Erica Falx ... Yep, I was in on that on. Somewhat funny troll ... it was the same person doing all the trolling who I have occasionally emailed for years now

Oh, is that so? My goodness, every day I do find out something new about myself.

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
So bryce has got RPGWatch convinced that he's not FretRider, nor chefe, nor HHR. They're all posting from different continents, afterall!

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Sooner or later it will dawn on them that all bryce's alt can't be posting from different continents due to there being not enough continents.

Yes, including Antarctic.
nb4 ip address from international space station.

Kukulkan

Learned
My theory is that they're all the same person but each is that person from a different alternate universe.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom