Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Guilty Gear Thread - Xrd SIGN released on Steam

Gozma

Arcane
Is there a chance Jam isn't popular enough to make the cut for a first release?

I'm also interested to see if they redesign Testament.

Gurkog

Erudite
Project: Eternity
I-no is a sexy bitch. I suck at newer fighters, but the GOG version I got of the series was pretty fun. The characters are all well designed with interesting aesthetics. Story mode for the version I played was a complete joke, but at least it has variations based on conditions for victory or defeat in certain matches.

Gozma

Arcane
This video apparently debuted at a Sony presentation thing so I guess I can still hold out slim hope for a PC port (since Sony wouldn't want them to slap other logos on the front of the video).

Edit - Ooh and when ASW uploaded it on their own Youtube channel they chopped off the PS3/PS4 splash screen.

Last edited:

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
I'm still endlessly amused by how astronomically better the graphics in ArcSys' and SNK's fighting games are compared to Capcom's (probably much more high budget) fighting games (gameplay being superior is a given).

Boxer

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
I honestly think 99.99% of "X fighting game is badd!" stuff is retarded.
Orly, dude?
Maybe whats coming from tuluse, than 99,9 percent of it is retarded.
But, how bout Street Fighter Alpha 1? Alpha 3? Are we under 99,9 percent of all released figher ever now? :p
The darkstalkers series has like 1.5 playable games. Horrible balance usually justifies the 'x gaym is bad' attitude.

Gozma

Arcane
My rhetoric was that 99.9% of the talk about bad games is retarded, not 99.9% of fighting games are great

Mechanics can be criticized (especially post-mortem)

Gozma

Arcane
No Jam, no Testament, no Bridget, no Johnny, no Dizzy in first release.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Baddie chick's first name seems to be made to be as hard to pronounce as possible for the Japanese.

No Jam, no Testament, no Bridget, no Johnny, no Dizzy in first release.
A downsized roster is to be expected when they publish a version with completely new graphics of this caliber (I mean this is an insane level of cel-shading quality; I mean I was never that much of a fan of GG's style of gameplay, but goddamn those graphics alone are reason enough to get hyped), though with luck console release may have more characters.

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist

Gozma

Arcane

Home version trailer from TGS.

The gun girl and ky's son (? I think) are anime disaster areas, abandon ship, gb2 blazblue

edit - also it looks like ky's son was produced when ky was impregnated by sol

Last edited:

Gerrard

Arcane
The gun girl and ky's son (? I think) are anime disaster areas, abandon ship, gb2 blazblue

edit - also it looks like ky's son was produced when ky was impregnated by sol
BTHEZvC.jpg

Quatlo

Arcane
f20b5_ORIG-randy_marsh_jizz.jpg
Stop, I can't contain the hype anymore.
I will be able to finally play with my bros online without using that Jap mod to GG:XX

HotSnack

Cipher
New character Jack-O is an improvement in that she at least looks like she can belong in GG, but yeah I hate how the BB-like art direction has spilled over to their more prestigious fighting game series. This might be a calculated move on their part though, since BB is their most popular franchise in Japan. :negative:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom