Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Gwent: The Witcher Card game - standalone Gwent game - now with Rogue Mage standalone expansion

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

NullFlow

Savant
It's going to require lots of correcting, balancing and cards to keep it a fun standalone game. Part of why gwent was so fun in TW3 was the progression from a basic deck to an incredibly overpowering one, and I can only see that being replaced with buying cards with real money or doing something like having to surrender cards with a loss.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Part of why gwent was so fun in TW3 was the progression from a basic deck to an incredibly overpowering one, and I can only see that being replaced with buying cards with real money or doing something like having to surrender cards with a loss.

Yeah, while I have not played the card game (I have watched some videos of it) this is something that is appealing to me. What you mention IS what makes the game enjoyable, that slow but satisfying progression. Just like Arcomage in Might and Magic VII as well as Duels of the Planeswalkers Shandalar mode (and Final Fantasy VIII's card game).

Unless they are planning to go full retard and try to make it Hearthstone....

Perkel

Arcane
look who's throwing their weight

If you don't know this is the most expensive ad @ E3 money can buy.

Ckipn7xUYAAbXAZ.jpg:large

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Oh wow i guess CDPR is playing at the high leagues now.

Is it first come first serve or a bid? If it's a bid then they outbid giant companies like ubisoft or EA who usually use those walls

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
Is the lore of the game extensive enough to support many varied cards types?

Will it be the Heartstone killer? :)

Bluff_your_way_to_victory.jpg

wait, what! one face up?

HotSnack

Cipher
It's sad when people talk about sinking in more hours in your minigame than the actual core game.

WhiteGuts

Arcane
I will definitely play this. I enjoyed it a lot and was hoping for a stand-alone game. The ingame version was simplistic and easily abusable though, so they'll definitely to tighten up the mechanics.

Seems like a non issue to me. If they run out of stuff (which means the game had success) they can always come up with new stuff.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
I will definitely play this. I enjoyed it a lot and was hoping for a stand-alone game. The ingame version was simplistic and easily abusable though, so they'll definitely to tighten up the mechanics.

Seems like a non issue to me. If they run out of stuff (which means the game had success) they can always come up with new stuff.
Assuming it is books+games lore, they can have lots of stuff.

Mrowak

Arcane
Project: Eternity
It's sad when people talk about sinking in more hours in your minigame than the actual core game.

What do you mean? Twitcher 3 was one of the longest games they are and peaople actually want to finish it.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
I got the e-mail too <3

"Game contains in game purchases"

D: ruh roh raggy...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom