Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline Has the Quality of Our Discussions Plummeted?

Has The quality of our Discussions Plummeted?

• Yes

Votes: 40 21.7%
  • No

Votes: 28 15.2%
  • kingcomrade

Votes: 116 63.0%

• Total voters

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
tbh, it just isn't the same with kingcomrade gone.

laclongquan

Arcane
rpgcodex now:
DSCN0410.JPG

Other than the fat lady in blue shirt, I would tap everyone of them.

oscar

Arcane
GD is less funny (the banning of Andhaira was criminal as well as the loss of some genuinely funny and likeable posters like Phelot) but perhaps more interesting (alkeides, Lyric Suite et all debates on Platonism, Perennialism, Buddhism, history etc). Seems to have 'softened' a lot due to the large increase in members alongside the more passive brofist system meaning fewer poster vs poster feuds.

Political discussions have gotten more interesting (perhaps partly because this decade has been more interesting than the last)

RPG discussion has improved because there's actually fresh things to discuss now instead of Arcanum debate #445621

Prosper is a lot less interesting

On the whole more emphasis on factionalism as opposed to individual poster's personalities e.g WCDS vs Liberal Democrats (Vaarna, Wetworks etc), Turn Based Purists, Obsidian Apologists though we've also seen the outright decline and disappearance of some of the traditional poster blocs (the BSB gaming fatalists are pretty much gone).

groke

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera BattleTech I'm very into cock and ball torture
Shit poll is shitty, won't let me express my desired nuance.

Of course the Codex has been getting worse, but it's been getting worse much slower than everywhere else.

Shannow

Waster of Time
Voted Yes.
But then I realized that this was the most incline thread since Melcar left. :negative:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom