Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Has the traffic increased or decreased?

Texas Red

Whiner
There is a pretty large number of guests lurking here at any time. What are the official numbers?

Also, in before Decline of the Codex...

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
The Walkin' Dude said:
There is a pretty large number of guests lurking here at any time. What are the official numbers?

From the bottom of the forums, where the visitor info stands:

Our users have posted a total of 502188 articles
We have 4645 registered users
The newest registered user is Cleveland Mark Blakemore

Decline of the Codex right here :lol:

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
The Walkin' Dude said:

Not official numbers, but still always funny to see:

Alexa
Compete

RPGCodex has been hella stable for ages now.

Shagnak

Shagadelic
Jeff Graw said:
It says down 50% from last year, BN.
That's because that Compete graph is using rpgcodex.com.

This one uses rpgcodex.net. This shows 5621 people versus 1496 people still using the old .com.
This one shows .com vs .net vs nma-fallout.

If you look at this Alexa one for rpgcodex.net you can see that unique visitors have fallen by 10% over the last 3 months (OMG decline of the Codex!), but page views per user have gone up 12%. So...errr...those less people are reading/participating more...?

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Shagnak said:
Jeff Graw said:
It says down 50% from last year, BN.
That's because that Compete graph is using rpgcodex.com.

This one uses rpgcodex.net. This shows 5621 people versus 1496 people still using the old .com.
This one shows .com vs .net vs nma-fallout.

If you look at this Alexa one for rpgcodex.net you can see that unique visitors have fallen by 10% over the last 3 months (OMG decline of the Codex!), but page views per user have gone up 12%. So...errr...those less people are reading/participating more...?

Did I type .com? Silly me.

I wouldn't take their analytics that seriously, but they have good guesstimates when comparing different sites, both Alexa and Compete, and while they suck at displaying exact numbers, they show overall trends well.

Jaime Lannister

Arbiter
Dementia Praecox said:
Hey BN, what happened at NMA in june 2007? Quite the peak there.

Fallout 3 OMG controversy.

When you combine .net and .com, the Codex beats NMA and has slightly more traffic than a year ago. With stuff like the Unofficial Arcanum Patch hosted here, the future looks bright.

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
Dementia Praecox said:
Elwro said:
The second is "ladonna "howard's notebook""? What? Have I missed something?
Apparently this. That's what uncle Google tells me at least.
Hm. Thanks. Now I know which Howard it was :D I wonder how many times people have entered "Ladonna+"Howard's notebook"" into google to make it become one of the top keywords :shock:

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Jaime Lannister said:
When you combine .net and .com, the Codex beats NMA.

Huh? No you don't. Compete has you lightly approaching NMA as .net + .com ('cept in February, which was indeed a very slow month for us), Alexa doesn't see any activity in .com, so you'd be half of NMA.

Though I wouldn't know even if I had the Codex' numbers, since I don't have any real numbers for NMA, just the extreme-dm thing, which doesn't measure the gallery, the files, the forum and a number of subsites.

Hey BN, what happened at NMA in june 2007? Quite the peak there.

May to June would be the Van Buren demo release and Fallout 3 trailer.

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Dementia Praecox said:
Codex vs. NMA round two: GO!

I do admit I'm bringing this up to mock DarkUnderlord and his delusion that the Codex is bigger than NMA (ha-ha!), but I'm not really trolling.

Though I also admit another epic Codex vs. NMA thread would be a good diversion.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Brother None said:
Dementia Praecox said:
Codex vs. NMA round two: GO!

I do admit I'm bringing this up to mock DarkUnderlord and his delusion that the Codex is bigger than NMA (ha-ha!), but I'm not really trolling.
Ermm... Actually you've been pushing this for ages and I've never said squat about NMA vs Codex or DAC. It always seems to be you bringing it up. However, if you really want to go down that comparison path, I'm happy to give you the same beat down I gave you on DAC a while ago...

DarkUnderlord said:
Brother None said:
What you have is a bunch of kids on a dying site jerking off about how clever they are.
It would appear Kharn needs to read up on how Alexa works. Hint: It's not accurate by any stretch of the imagination. Their stats are based on people who install a toolbar which only works in IE. In effect, it pulls its stats from internet retards, not actual internet traffic. It's also known to be highly disproportionally in favour of certain sites. DAC's visitor stats have actually been reasonably steady over the past several years (at least that much is even shown in Alexa) with a slight trend upwards. So "dying" doesn't quite seem to fit. It'll never be another NMA but it's quite happy serving the community it has.

As an interesting note though, looking at that little X-Treme stats link on the front page of NMA and comparing it to the actual Webalizer stats sitting on the Codex, the Codex has over twice the number of average daily visitors than NMA. Looking at Alexa though and it shows that as being the other way around, which is interesting, don't ya think? Who are you going to believe, internet stats from a thing which actually logs all the visitors to your site, or internet stats from a thing which only logs visitors:
  1. That are dumb enough to use IE.
  2. That are dumb enough to install the Alexa Toolbar.
  3. That ends up showing that youtube.com receives more hits than google.com

Brother None said:
Well, congratu-fucking-lations, DaC, you are the best retards on the whole fucking internet :clap:
Thanks! We know how much you appreciate all our good work, "chimp".
For the record, google apparently receives 100 billion visitors a month compared to youtube's 16 billion and yet Alexa showed them neck and neck. 84 billion missing users? *ouch*.

Codex stats from Webalizer.

NMA stats from their x-treme visitor tracker (look at "last month" figure).

If you compare daily unique average, NMA is on 6,597 visitors per day. The Codex is easily above 10,000 visitors per day. Our current month visitors are 250k to NMA's 150k. Last month we had 420k to NMA's 200k. That's over double, baby!

So, come back when you have some real statistics?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom