Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

In Progress Hatoful Boyfriend: I want to be a Pigeon!

Self-Ejected

Jack

█▓▒░
Patron
Insert Title Here
Shuu Shuu, here comes the love train!

lightbane

Arcane
Back away, it's the true codexian choice to troll him at every opportunity.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
See, he wouldn't expect RK47-chan to confess. He doesn't know that she likes him... yet. This bird seems to be totally unfamiliar with the idea of romantic love.

Confession GO!

LundB

Mistakes were made.
“If I am mad, it is mercy! May the gods pity the man who in his callousness can remain sane to the hideous end!”
― H.P. Lovecraft, The Temple

In this update, why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why oh god why.

016.jpg

RK47.jpg
: I...-- like you, sir.
shuu.jpg
: Is that so?
000.jpg

He... likes me? Is that good, or bad? My heart's racing, but I can't tell if it's love or fear for my life!

ED: It's love. Definitely love.

I wonder where Yuuya went..?

001.jpg

Kazuaki.jpg
: RK47!
RK47.jpg
: Sir!
Kazuaki.jpg
: You're getting better. Keep it up!
RK47.jpg
: Yes, sir!

002.jpg

Huh? There's someone at the door.

pelican.jpg
: Howdy! Pelican express here with a package for a miss RK47! Sign here, please.
RK47.jpg
: Oh! Thank you!
pelican.jpg
: Thankee, little girl! Have a good one!

I wonder what it is? I don't think I've ordered anything recently...

It's from doctor Iwamine. Woah, there's even a letter! Hmm,...

003.jpg

ED: :bounce: He sent you a Christmas present RK47! He really does like you!

He has really nice handwriting... Let's see, what's in here? There's a big box, and a small one...

Inside the small box is... a quill pen. It's beautiful! Real, pure, white... is he really giving this to me? It looks pricey! The big one is... huh? It looks like... a roast chicken? Or maybe a turkey? I'm not sure what people eat on Christmas. It's still warm! He must have had it delivered in a hurry.

ED: It's a pity we can't share this lovely Christmas dinner with the Doctor... :cry:

RK47.jpg
: Thank you, doctor! Yum!

004.jpg

RK47.jpg
: ...but it's raining!

Oh, well. I'd go to the shrine, but this weather makes the wilderness dangerous. I think I'll sleep in like a good girl instead. I won't be able to send out cards in this rain, either! Fiddlesticks.

005.jpg

Kazuaki.jpg
: I hope you all had good vacations? I hibernated.
Ryouta.jpg
: What a shocker.
Kazuaki.jpg
: ...zzz...
RK47.jpg
: You're still hibernatING! Sir, wake up!
Kazuaki.jpg
: Oh! Umm, I've said this before, but your junior year will be over before you know it. Let's enjoy this time while it lasts!

There's nothing special this semester... Nothing to worry about!

006.jpg

007.jpg

Oh! Tomorrow's Legumentine's! I think I'll buy some beans. Today, Legumentine's is a holiday where you give beans to the boy you like, but apparently it used to involve throwing them at pigeons. Disgraceful!

008.jpg

RK47.jpg
: Yes. Is there a kind that you think is particularly good?
clerk.jpg
: This year's trend is towards these bean medleys for racers, but they are a little pricey. It's hard to say without knowing the bird in question, really.
RK47.jpg
: Hmm... that's true. And sometimes the cheap ramen tastes better than the expensive stuff.

009.jpg

ED: We pick the expensive racing blend. The doctor is a classy bird, he deserves nothing but the best.

RK47.jpg
: I'll take these!
clerk.jpg
: Thank you miss. Here you are.

Today's the day. The preparations are complete! Time to give the beans to that special somebirdie.

Music: Love Doctor

010.jpg

The doctor seems to be engaged in sweet embrace with a stack of papers at his desk. He didn't even look at me, and from his voice, he wants me to leave.

RK47.jpg
: Do you know what day it is, doctor?
shuu.jpg
: ...February third.

He glances at the calendar above his desk, and then returns to his papers.

shuu.jpg
: The anniversary of the first successful human embryo transfer.
RK47.jpg
: Really!?
shuu.jpg
: Of course, test tube babies had been successfully grown before then... So, what did you want? Were you hoping I would transfer you an avian ovum?

ED: :what: Did he just offer to impregnate RK47-chan with some of his bird seed?

RK47.jpg
: N-no! I'd have to be a really sad girl to be fantasizing about bird eggs in the school infirmary! It's Legumentine's, sir. You give beans to the boy you like. So, h-here!

ED: Don't lie, RK47. You know you fantasize daily about popping out some partridge eggs and nurturing them until they hatch. (Hey kids! For some extra despair in humanity fun, google "Egg laying fetish" and click the first result! RK47-chan is not alone in her vile predilections.)

shuu.jpg
: You're giving these to me?
RK47.jpg
: Yes!

He finally looks over at me. But his expression is still... no, it's changed to something else.

shuu.jpg
: These are quite elegantly packaged.
RK47.jpg
: Yes! I got the most expensive ones for you, sir!
shuu.jpg
: So these were sold to you as some sort of luxury item. I see. Such a thing would never have occurred to us, if we had lived long ago. To think that we live in a society where price is completely disconnected from amount and nutritional value.

Is this a roundabout way of saying that the beans aren't worth their pricetag...?

shuu.jpg
: The value comes from the fact that they are expensive alone... Fascinating. I shall experiment on them later.
RK47.jpg
: No, you're supposed to eat them! The nutritional value and appearance aren't important... the important part is the fact that I gave them to you, today!
shuu.jpg
: You gave me beans that anyone could get, with the money. ...worthless.

extra.jpg

ED: And so the LP stars align, a Word's Worth reference in Hatoful Boyfriend.

horseresistance.jpg

RK47.jpg
: In that case, I'll bring you beans that I grew myself, next year! Just you wait!

011.jpg

This is the last day I have infirmary duty, as well.

012.jpg

The infirmary is quiet and peaceful as always. The orderly rows of medicines, the neatly-made be--

RK47.jpg
: ...huh?

Something stinks in here. It's coming from the bed behind the curtains... I'm scared.

ED: I am too RK-chan. Just leave. Now.

RK47.jpg
: !

Music: Revelation

013.jpg

At the foot of the bed sits a washbasin, its liquid pink, with a stack of scissors coated in blood and feathers in the bottom. The blood on the bed is still wet...

ED: :eek:

RK47.jpg
: Th-this is...

The students who disappeared after going to the infirmary.
Yuuya.
That mysterious smile the doctor gave when I asked him...

RK47.jpg
: I... I have to get out of here... I have to tell someone...!

I need to report it. To the police? Anyway, I need to get away. I need to get out before he--

shuu.jpg
: You're early today, miss RK47.

ED: :rage:

RK47.jpg
: !

014.jpg

RK47.jpg
: D-doctor... this... blood...

015.jpg

He didn't even try to deny it! He... he...

RK47.jpg
: ......

The-- the door's locked...!?

shuu.jpg
: Going home so soon?
RK47.jpg
: It won't... open...
shuu.jpg
: Indeed, it won't. After all, there are so many bad little boys and girls who try to leave before their examinations are over... like you.
RK47.jpg
: D-doctor, you... You really have been... cutting people up and using them for your experiments...?
shuu.jpg
: Do you really need to ask that? After all, you even helped me! :smug:
RK47.jpg
: Helped you...? I... I would never...!
shuu.jpg
: Don't tell me you've forgotten already? Just at the start of this semester you helped me destroy a little evidence. You brought back the ID card of one of my guinea pigs. I suppose I dropped it by accident. You really helped me out, then. We can't leave things like that lying around, now can we?
RK47.jpg
: Then... Yuuya? What did you do to Yuuya!?
shuu.jpg
: Oh? I thought you'd figured that out already.
shuu.jpg
: He's in here, miss RK47... In here.

016.jpg

ED: :what::rage:

RK47.jpg
: The...

Flashback: The big one is... It looks like... a roast chicken? Or maybe a turkey? I'm not sure what people eat on Christmas. It's still warm! He must have had it delivered in a hurry.

017.jpg

RK47.jpg
: That... you can't be... no... no..!
shuu.jpg
: How did he taste? I was worried he might be a little tough... I did so regret not having a better bird to send you. It simply wouldn't do to have you throw him out.

That... that was Yuuya...?

shuu.jpg
: Aah! Aaaaahh... that's a beautiful face, miss RK47. I have longed so dearly to see that face. You could tell from the start that I was dangerous, couldn't you? And yet you came to see me, again and again. Very... assertively.
RK47.jpg
: No... I just... had to come for infirmary duties...
shuu.jpg
: Was that really it? You knew I planned to kill you, and yet you came anyway... are you sure you didn't... have feelings for me, perhaps?

No! ...I want to say, but my tongue is like lead in my mouth. Maybe it's true. Maybe, somewhere deep inside, I love the doctor...

ED: Perhaps you still love the doctor, RK47-chan. Why should a little thing like this get in the way?

shuu.jpg
: I am afraid that I have room for only one love in my life, and that is my research-- but it would be cruel to ignore your earnestness. And so I put much thought into how I might reward you.

ED: I do not like where this is going.

018.jpg

He's going to kill me. I know he's going to kill me. So why can't I move? Why don't I want to?

019.jpg

ED: Oh fuck no.

Why can't I pull my eyes from his?

020.jpg

ED: :eek: He's saying he's going to tastefully rape our guts, RK47-chan, isn't he?

021.jpg

shuu.jpg
: You have chased after death's allure most diligently. I suppose you're too afraid to speak, now...?

[slashing noises]

022.jpg

023.jpg

ED: OH GOD FUCK YOU FAT DOCTOR, FUCK YOU GAME, FUCK YOU CODEX FOR LEADING RK47-CHAN AND I TO THIS END FUCK YOU FUCK YOU I HATE YOU ALL

And the credits begin to roll.

Music: This story is not an end yet. Because only you are in the infinity loop.

024.jpg

026.jpg

...I'm up for another route. After all, it can't get worse than this, I'm sure. Maybe the Doctor has a 'good end', though I suspect he might not. Perhaps I'll start by seeing what happens if we don't confess to the Doctor.

But first, I need some rest. On the up-side, dating pigeons seems totally normal to me now, compared to all the worse shit that just happened.

IronicNeurotic

Arbiter
Buahahahahhahaah

You ain't seen nothing. NOTHING. (And there's a insane backstory to ALL of this)

Theres another ending that actually continues after that (Though, you probably have to have another ending for it to trigger)

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Hahaha, that was hilarious.

This game is pretty much the trainwreck I was hoping it to be. Retardation of the highest level.

IronicNeurotic

Arbiter
Hahaha, that was hilarious.

This game is pretty much the trainwreck I was hoping it to be. Retardation of the highest level.

I dunno, dude. It's insane but it's also pretty self-aware, actually (Certain aspects and a refrence later on makes that pretty clear). And so far the dialouge (Especially crazy doctor) is better and more compelling than most "actual" games I played.

Oriebam

Formerly M4AE1BR0-something
Disappointing lack of guro gore. Still some fascinating shit, though :thumbsup:

LundB

Mistakes were made.
Disappointing lack of guro gore. Still some fascinating shit, though :thumbsup:

You want gore? The fandom shall provide.

VdYgy.png

HwsfZ.png

And a fanfic, dreamed up by some sick bastard, with RK47's name subbed in for consistency:

A far off, dreamy chuckle resounded around the vacant infirmary.
Eyes drifted to the head in the rather large jar, taking in its magnificence.
“RK47-chan has such a lovely head~”
The doctor was never this out of sorts. Never this intoxicated off of staring at a dismembered head. But there was something to be said for whose head it was. In the beginning RK47 hadn’t interested the medical professional.
He was just there to give RK47 her medication.
She were just there to pick it up.
Yet slowly of the course of passing days-
A semester.
Another.
A third.
The doctor just couldn’t keep his eyes off of RK47 as time passed. A sort of heat would roll over his body when he looked to her. On occasion… that same heat would take the form of something painful colliding against his cranium, knocking against his mind as Yuuya coaxed a blush out of her with his flattery.
Darned pigeon...
From the beggining the doctor had known that meddling fowl Yuuya would be a thorn in his side. Whether it was trying to discover the case of the missing students or to take RK47 away from him.
Yes, take her away.
The doctor had more or less claimed her his test subject long ago in the middle of second semester. Of course it wasn’t a public claim, the doctor never let too many things out of the secrecy of his file cabinet. But one could be sure such proclaimations were written down in one of his many files.
He began testing on RK47's medical conditions, anything to get her into the infirmary really. Shuu began to… “fall in love” in a sense. Fall in love with her illnesses. Anything that impaired her. The way she was so frail, the way her body could break with just one wrong tweak.
Oh, how it intrigued him.
The doctor had always said that his only love was his research.
Well RK47 had, in so many words- become his research.
Now here she was, dismembered. Her head in a jar, her heart in a box and the rest of her body laid neatly behind the curtain on the infirmary’s lone bed.
Shuu’s finger traces the glass, following the patterns of the tendrils of hair that stuck to her cheeks.
“Yes so lovely~ I think you look beautiful like this~” he murmurs once more to RK47's decapitated head. His lustful eyes venture over to the opened box beside the jar. In it was her heart, long since ceased its beating.
Shuu again begins his tracing. His fingers becoming stained with RK47's delectable blood as he follows veins, runs over the tissue, all togther just fondling the organ in general.
“Now it belongs to me..” had anyone been around they might’ve noticed the way his voice no longer held song, but a husky arousal.
The doctor did indeed love his research.
Eyes locked on RK47's severed head, he lowered the opened aorta of her heart to his waist and began.

I knew the present from El Doctor was a student before he revealed it. I guess we're on the same wavelength on how to dispose of sentient pigeons when you have a cave(wo)man around.

lightbane

Arcane
Cool! A new update!! I wonder what-*finishes reading*

:what: :what: :what: :what: :what:

Well, the game certainly gave you plenty of warnings. I bet this ending was specifically done for biotards that believe love can conquer it all. Perhaps you should rewind and leave him as soon as you can.

Cowboy Moment

Arcane
I am actually fine with this update. Serial killers feeding others their victims as a way of showing affection seems nice and familiar after punk pigeons with spiked shoulderpads.

IronicNeurotic

Arbiter
I just want to repeat. There is backstory to ALL of what is happening.

So, please LundB. Even if it will cost your sanity go through with the entire game! Be a true codexian!

LundB

Mistakes were made.
I just want to repeat. There is backstory to ALL of what is happening.

So, please LundB. Even if it will cost your sanity go through with the entire game! Be a true codexian!

I plan to. What I've just seen during this brief interlude makes me need to find out what exactly is going on, no matter the cost.

I decided to look at a section of the main menu I hadn't investigated earlier, "Archive". This is where things got really weird, and I got more of the sense that something bigger is going on behind the scenes of this high school pigeon romance.

This is far beyond Deus Ex level conspiracy shit I'm talking about. Take a look:

000.jpg

I believe more drawers will unlock the more routes I play. But first, what's inside these ones?

001.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg

004.jpg

:what:

Ion Prothon II

Liturgist
:what:

Wow. Just... wow. Now it's clear that getting killed by creepy pigeon Doc is pretty tamed, comparing to mindfuck the game has still to offer. Will you dare to unearth the remaining blasphemous secrets full of unspeakable horror, LundB? Do it, there is no hope for all of us anyway...
BTW it's the n- th update after reading which I just stare at the screen and I don't know what to say, maybe except some quotes from Lovecraft's novels. Is it a manifestation of that famous sanity loss?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom