Tacticular Cancer: We'll have your balls

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

In Progress Hatoful Boyfriend: I want to be a Pigeon!

Discussion in 'Codex Playground' started by LundB, Feb 20, 2012.

1. CappenVarra Phantasmist

CappenVarra
    Codex 2012 Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
    ^ Top  
  2. LundB Mistakes were made.

LundB
    In this Update, RK47 regains lost memories, and the Fallen seeks redemption. Also, Hatoful Boyfriend suddenly becomes RPG of the Year 2012.
    ===============================================

[​IMG]

This has been a long year. I've gotten involved with a Filipino... a Bananaman... an insane fallen angel... Huh? There's a letter in my desk.

“The time has come. Meet me at Rufa of the Left Hand Path, Tree of Blight.” – Crimson Angel of Judecca

It's from the eccentric Filipino Bananaman!

[​IMG]: Is he planning to break into the infirmary...?

The doctor being what he is, I'm worried for Anghel. I'd better hurry.

ED: We better not get our organs raped again RK47-chan. If it seems like that's about to happen, just ditch the Filipino madman.

Music: Insert Ominous Pipe Organ

[​IMG]

Did I go into the wrong room...? No, I'm sure this is the infirmary. But this place is like nothing that belongs in a school.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]: I have waited for you, Crimson Angel of Judecca. Waited... from the very beginning. The Tree of Blight has fed on the Flesh and Blood of the Innocent, and has opened the Gate to Dark She'ol. We stand at the very border between this world and the next!

:what:

ED: Anghel was... not insane?! The serial killings were sacrifices to the Dark Gods!? Everything I thought I understood is a lie.

[​IMG]: And so you have appeared, lured here by the Taint of She'ol leaking through. Just as planned...!

ED: [​IMG]

[​IMG]: So, your plan has been to swallow the school into the Abyss all along. Too bad! I shall not allow the Tree to reach maturity!
    [​IMG]: Hohohoho! Please, do not misunderstand. I have no intention of bringing The End with this wooden toy. No, what I want... is your Accursed Flesh, Angel of Hell. I am Wallenstein! You must agree that it is a fitting name for the Dark King. Come to me, Spirit of Evil!

[A horrible, unearthly combination of scream and growl splits the air]

[​IMG]: Gyaaaaaaaaggggghhhh!
    [​IMG]: Anghel!?

A black miasma floods from his chest, and is swallowed by the tree.

[​IMG]: What are you doing, doctor!? This is cruel!
    [​IMG]: You should know, Reincarnation of Edel Blau, the Apostle who sealed the Crimson Angel of Judecca. This dove holds within him an Avatar of Destruction!
    [​IMG]: An avatar of... destruction...?
    [​IMG]: Have you forgotten, Edel Blau...? That day, long ago... in the time of Gods and Demons... when you took up the sword to end my rampage...?
    [​IMG]: I have drawn out the power you sealed in his breast with the Forbidden Mantrayana. The Tree of Blight has consumed both the students of this school and the mindless power of the Crimson Devil! Welcome to The End!

ED: :eek: ITZ HERE!

[​IMG]: Arise, Himnesia, Bringer of Death!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]: You can't give up, Anghel!
    [​IMG]: Edel Blau...
    [​IMG]: Have you forgotten, Anghel? I still have that ID card with the weird squiggles you drew! We still have hope! All we have to do is kill this final boss thingie, right?

ED: RK47-chan, did you really just say 'thingie'?... [​IMG] = [​IMG]

[​IMG]: We stand together, Anghel...!

Music: Blood of Angels (For some lulz, look at the comments that showed up on the video before I even made this update. Apparently IronicNeurotic isn't the only one who loves this game unironically... is this the fate that awaits me?)

[​IMG]: ...I never thought the day would come when we two would join in battle once more. I... had not the courage to face down my evil half. But you...! Take this, Edel Blau!

This is... the mapping pen...!

[​IMG]: Saekro'm, the Holy Spear, is yours to wield! Come!

[​IMG]

Anghel uses Dark Void Shockwave!
    Himnesia takes 24 damage!

[​IMG]

ED: Holy shit this game has turn based combat! Character creation, stats, leveling up, choices and consequences, and now turn based combat!? Hatoful Boyfriend is RPG of the Year 2012.

:incline:

RK47 uses Hellstorm Cross!
    Himnesia takes 350 damage!

[​IMG]

RK47 takes 215 damage!

[​IMG]

Himnesia takes 68 damage!

[​IMG]

RK47 uses Eternal Blue Thunder!
    Himnesia takes 420 damage!

[​IMG]

RK47 takes 240 damage!
    Anghel uses Crimson Seraph Chain!
    Himnesia takes 54 damage!

[​IMG]

RK47 uses Blauhimmen Flight!
    Himnesia takes 15 damage!

[​IMG]

:yeah:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]: You miscalculated, Wallenstein. You did not account for Edel Blau's presence here!
    [​IMG]: Bah! I must withdraw...! Do not forget! I shall summon a second Himnesia, and a third, until the world is torn apart by their Thirst for Blood!
    [​IMG]: Wait, Wallenstein...!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]: I remember your Fall, and I remember chasing after you to try to bring you back, and...!
    [​IMG]: ...and you remember skewering me with Saekro'm and imprisoning me in the Cage of Ice?
    [​IMG]: Yes...
    [​IMG]: I do not resent you. I had lost myself, and was but a Daemon of Blood, destroying all in my path...
    [​IMG]: But the Daemon is gone, now.
    [​IMG]: ...yes.
    [​IMG]: I think you can live normally now, Anghel. ...Anghel, I... no. I hope we can stay together like this, Yoshio.
    [​IMG]: Gyaaaaaaaaaah!

He huddles in the corner, wailing in anguish. I guess that rule is still in effect. I wonder when he'll let me use his real name...

ED: And the credits begin to roll.

Music: This story is not an end yet. Because only you are in the infinity loop.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

:what: :what:

I... I don't even know what to say.
    ^ Top  
  3. Kashmir Slippers Savant

Kashmir Slippers

You should see what happens if you die to it.
    ^ Top  
  4. Suicidal Savant

Suicidal
    Man, what the fuck is going on in this game...
    ^ Top  
  5. Cowboy Moment Arcane

Cowboy Moment
    In a completely unironic way, I wonder what kind of people the creators of this game were.
    ^ Top  
  6. Thor Kaufman Arcane

Thor Kaufman
    And this is not even the real ending.:incline:

I wish I had the time to play this gem.
    ^ Top  
  7. lightbane Liturgist

lightbane

Sooo, did you know what these commands do, or did you choose randomly?
    ^ Top  
  8. Hirato Purse-Owner Patron

Hirato
    Codex 2012
    If you can somehow manage this, do it! :salute:
    ^ Top  
  9. treave Arcane Patron

treave
    Codex 2012
    RK47 should feature Shepard's Eternal Black Thunder in the upcoming LP.
    ^ Top  
  10. Radisshu Liturgist

Radisshu
    It's fucking hatoeistic.
    ^ Top  
  11. Ion Prothon II Liturgist

Ion Prothon II

This shit is amazing. Keep going :salute:
    ^ Top  
  12. IronicNeurotic Arbiter

IronicNeurotic
    A codexer.

As for the Update: :) Awesome. Can't wait for the next one till we get to the final. RPG of the Year 2012 indeed!

Edit: LundB Soon, soon.
    ^ Top  
  13. GarfunkeL Racism Expert

GarfunkeL
    What.The.Fuck.
    ^ Top  
  14. XenomorphII Learned

XenomorphII
    ^ Top  
  15. LundB Mistakes were made.

LundB
    Neither. I used a very scientific and tactically sound method of choice, derived from Suvorov's Theory of Emotional Engagement.

I made a few valiant attempts at this today, and although I got close, I did not succeed. Perhaps you just need very bad luck, or maybe making different choices earlier in the game would make it possible. I'm not going to spend more time investigating.

Speaking of investigating, we unlocked another slide in the archive!

[​IMG]

:what: (The most overused necessary emote in this LP)

So... Does Anghel make people hallucinate, just by being there? Was that battle a lie, or did a battle take place, just without the crazy supernatural stuff?

I though I understood, but then I learned the truth in Anghel's route, but now I've learned that the truth wasn't actually the truth and this is... but what if this isn't the truth either? WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON IN THIS PIGEON DATING GAME?!

Oh, I almost forgot: Which pigeon should we attempt to romance next?
    Erica Falx Brofists this.
    ^ Top  
  16. Darth Roxor Prestigious Gentleman Wielder of the Huegpenis

Darth Roxor
    :hmmm:
    ^ Top  
  17. Radisshu Liturgist

Radisshu
    It's HATOFUL!
    ^ Top  
  18. IronicNeurotic Arbiter

IronicNeurotic
    A special route which explains what's happenning (And tops what we've seen so far) will be unlocked after everything too.

I recommend Yuuya (I think that is Sakuya's brother, right?). It's not a "special" route but it has one specific refrence that will also lead to use of the whatamireading pic when researched. Then Pudding Pigeon and finally the teacher. By then the final route should have unlocked (Maybe even before.Don't know the exact condition).
    ^ Top  
  19. Thor Kaufman Arcane

Thor Kaufman
    Go for Pudding Pigeon
    ^ Top  
  20. LundB Mistakes were made.

LundB
    The remaining birds are:
    Childhood friend bird Ryouta
    Pudding bird San
    Teacher bird Kazuaki (Mr. Nanaki)
    Ladies' Man bird Yuuya
    Library bird Nageki.

Oh, and Fat Doctor Shuu's 'good' ending, apparently. And Sakuya apparently has another ending, but I don't feel the need to do it unless it's needed to unlock the final route. However, I guess it wouldn't take long if I made liberal use of the 'fast forward' button to skip the already seen stuff.
    ^ Top  
  21. Lindblum Learned

Lindblum
    Pudding just to speed up the voting phase.

Also :what:
    Also there's a good Doctor ending!? Does it involve RK47 getting organ raped?
    ^ Top  
  22. IronicNeurotic Arbiter

IronicNeurotic
    You forgot Library Bird Nageki. He's kinda important for the final route.
    ^ Top  
  23. Radisshu Liturgist

Radisshu
    Yeah, do the Pudding bird. That'll be.. fun.
    ^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above links helps us pay the hosting bills)