Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

HATRED, aka Awor Surkrarz Simulator 2015

made

Arcane
Runs like shit, controls like shit. :negative:

GrainWetski

Arcane
John Walker review, no surprises here: https://archive.is/NxM5a

I’m pretty sure there’s nothing to be rescued from this. To be good, it would need to be reconfigured from the ground up, made to actually work as a twin-stick shooter, and then given one hell of a lot more to do within. For it to be a controversial, censor-defying piece of provocation, it needs an entirely new perspective. Set it in a high school, have it feature children as well as adult civilians, let it revel in the consequences of the destruction of ordinary lives… something, just something to let it have its own offensive voice. Rather than the nothingness result of a pseudo-demon character shooting at blank, dumb-ass AI dolls.

When a game’s highlights are its bugs (I especially enjoyed a SWAT van being violently propelled about a block away after tapping a stationary pick-up truck, and landing on top of a train), then you know you’re in deeply crappy territory.

Hatred fails in every way. It fails to be a fun, entertaining game. It fails to be a technically competent release. And most of all, it fails to be a controversial, shocking experience. It even fails at being bad in an interesting way. By the time you’re taking on levels requiring multiple stages, the thought of repeating the tedium all over again becomes untenable. After a miserable few hours, I’ve not completed the game, so goodness knows, perhaps some incredibly shocking thing happens toward the end. But it seems unlikely, and getting there would be no fun for anyone. If you were looking to rubberneck at the engineered controversy, there’s little to care about. If you were planning to buy it to show those feminazi SJWs a thing or two, you’re going to get stuck with a shitty game-shaped hole in your wallet. It is, beyond all the hype, just a crappy game.

As expected, moronic gamejournos are falling over themselves to shit on the game in every way they can think, something they've never done while reviewing any other game in their entire lives.

Shame they didn't have the Doritos of Rockstar to send RPS.

Somberlain

Arcane
Zionist Agent
I'm fairly sure that whiny reviews from butthurt mainstream game journos just increase the sales of this game and overall interest people have in it.

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
Yep. Haven't seen this successful "ban this sick filth" marketing for a while.
I almost hope, that RPS, Polygon etc have undisclosed deal with potatos.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Developers are brilliant. 99% of the game's sales are in the edgy theme/marketing. Had this been zombies or aliens, no one would care... or buy it. Walker's review is fairly accurate. By all accounts this is an unexceptional game.

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
Developers are brilliant. 99% of the game's sales are in the edgy theme/marketing. Had this been zombies or aliens, no one would care... or buy it. Walker's review is fairly accurate. By all accounts this is an unexceptional game.

There's also controversy.
Lots of idiots buying this to make some kind political statement.

Eyestabber

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015

'Sup Archangel.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
He's right. Go look at the Steam forums. A lot of people are just buying it to 'stick it' to the man. Pretty funny. And dumb.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Problem is you just become part of the marketing. I'm not going to enable the developers of a mediocre game simply because it pisses off other people (no matter how annoying those other people are). Then you'll wonder why we get three hour Alien Shooter clones with nothing going for it but the edginess... look no further than the sales.

This is the same as Tit Witcher 3, Skyrim, insert your favorite AAA hype-machine game here. It's just drawing on a different crowd to hype it.

Eyestabber

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Problem is you just become part of the marketing. I'm not going to enable the developers of a mediocre game simply because it pisses off other people (no matter how annoying those other people are). Then you'll wonder why we get three hour Alien Shooter clones with nothing going for it but the edginess... look no further than the sales.

This is the same as Tit Witcher 3, Skyrim, insert your favorite AAA hype-machine game here. It's just drawing on a different crowd to hype it.

Bro, you're thinking strictly on "gaming terms". We are fighting a cultural war by sending a clear signal to the market: sticking to SJW faggots is profitable. How long until some AAA suit look at Hatred's sucess and thinks "if an indie company with a simple game managed to make THAT MUCH MONEY, imagine how much money WE could make by doing a PROPER SJW-butthurt tool?". I want to see fucking CoD making fun of SJW. It's about time these rats are driven back to whatever hole they crawled out of.

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron

'Sup Archangel.

Nope, but some of the sales are probably made because somebodies just want to make a point.
I will wait for this to be on sale and optimized and then buy it, if this this one sticks to it's core game play mechanics (fuck that stealth level in Hotline Miami.)

Last edited:

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Bro, you're thinking strictly on "gaming terms". We are fighting a cultural war by sending a clear signal to the market: sticking to SJW faggots is profitable. How long until some AAA suit look at Hatred's sucess and thinks "if an indie company with a simple game managed to make THAT MUCH MONEY, imagine how much money WE could make by doing a PROPER SJW-butthurt tool?". I want to see fucking CoD making fun of SJW. It's about time these rats are driven back to whatever hole they crawled out of.
:abyssgazer:

I want to see good games. Not more bad games with a different political slant.

Last edited:

ArchAngel

Arcane

'Sup Archangel.
Why would I buy it. He was talking about idiots on this topic that praised it and are now buying it.

Somberlain

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Completed the game, the final level had pretty cool music :salute:

Also, credits said "Writing for The Antagonist: Herr Warcrimer", I wonder if it's the guy from Infernal War, both are potato after all.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom