Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

HATRED, aka Awor Surkrarz Simulator 2015

schluberlubs

Educated
ZXGYM7U.jpg

(link)

"I'm fed up with this world!"

Durandal

Arcane
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Haven't played the game yet, but the obligatory "kill X civvies to proceed" missions seem to get repetitive after a while, and hunting down that one last guy is kind of annoying. There is no full mapscreen, so you'll be aimlessly wandering about the map looking for that straggler.
Maybe it would've been better if you just had to kill about 25-75% of all the people in the map to proceed and avoid such situations.

usually accompanied by invincible frames.
Well, it's better than getting hit during cutscenes where you have no control over yourself. *cough* Human Revolution *cough*
Besides, the kill cutscenes only take about 5 seconds max, and don't break the flow that badly.
Unfortunately 5 seconds don't give enough time for more brutal executions, like in Manhunt 2. Hatred obviously wants to be brutal, but it ends up being more lax than most violent videogames. Most executions are just shooting a guy on the ground from a different angle, at most the brutality peaks when you pulverize someone's head or repeatedly stab him.
The long brutal executions worked in Manhunt, because Manhunt is a stealth game. You won't get shot at by 20 cops when executing someone (if you are playing it right), so the developers could add longer and more varied executions. Manhunt is also slower-paced than Hatred, so you're not as itching to get back into the game.
IMO the execution-for-health mechanic for a fast-paced twin-stick shooter like Hatred could've fit better if it had another setting, because there were alot of people expecting some BRUTAL shit, but the flow of the game prevented it from further delving into that.

Somberlain

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Haven't played the game yet, but the obligatory "kill X civvies to proceed" missions seem to get repetitive after a while, and hunting down that one last guy is kind of annoying. There is no full mapscreen, so you'll be aimlessly wandering about the map looking for that straggler.
Maybe it would've been better if you just had to kill about 25-75% of all the people in the map to proceed and avoid such situations.

Eh? None of the missions require you to kill everyone. It's mostly "kill x residents of the area" and there's always more people than that. There is no "wandering in empty areas looking for the final straggler" stuff in this game.

vonAchdorf

Arcane
It's funny how the "violence is never justified" crowd now argues that the game lacks "context" and "rationalization" for its violence.

I also like lines like "it's not as edgy as its said to be" – dear kids, no need to buy it.

Last edited:

Durandal

Arcane
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Eh? None of the missions require you to kill everyone. It's mostly "kill x residents of the area" and there's always more people than that. There is no "wandering in empty areas looking for the final straggler" stuff in this game.
Really? That's good to hear. I've only seen a stream, and at one point the streamer ran around the forest with no clue where to go next because he had no objective markers. Which is probably more related to him being retarded than anything.

Seeker
In My Safe Space
At the start of each map there are objectives markers. But they disappear as soon as you reach an objective. If you run away with completing it first, the marker disappears but if you press left alt you can still see what you must do.

GrainWetski

Arcane
IMO the execution-for-health mechanic for a fast-paced twin-stick shooter like Hatred could've fit better if it had another setting, because there were alot of people expecting some BRUTAL shit, but the flow of the game prevented it from further delving into that.

Just turn on "safe executions" so it's just quick animations that don't even zoom in.

After hearing all the cheesy one-liners, of course.

Eyestabber

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
I can't decide who annoys me more nowadays, SJWs or edgy anti-SJWs. Whatever happened to having real opinions on stuff..
How to look cool and moderate on the internet 101*:

1 - find controversy
2 - straw-man both sides of the controversy
3 - proclaim your own superiority with vague statements criticizing both sides (see above for an example)
4 - enjoy your newfound "cool and moderate" guy status

* actual knowledge of the subject being discussed is 100% optional. In fact, it's better to avoid knowledge at all costs, as it might skew your otherwise perfectly balanced™ view of things.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
I'd design a much more :obviously: spree killing game.
If it has your original art in it, I'd :d1p: it.
h375kHN.png

Vujd0ip.png

UaTvt13.png

You're not. Even on easy, you can die in about 2 seconds if you are getting shot at by multiple guys at once, at least when you start fighting soldiers.
Sounds like a sign of being a damage sponge.

I wouldn't say the protagonist being a "bullet sponge" is a particular problem. If he weren't, the game would be obscenely difficult due to situations where several dozen enemies will charge you from different directions at once.
In my :obviously: spree-shooting game there wouldn't be such infantility as fighting military and hordes of cops and winning.

Sodafish

Arcane
Played it for about 20-30 min. Completely bland gameplay and cringeworthy faux-edginess.

Yeah the tone and presentation is utter shite but it still had the potential to be a fun shooter with nice destruction. Doubt any patches will make it into that now. But hey, let's turn this mediocre shooter into a top seller because we're edgy retards who are fighting the good fight against SJWs! This will truly raise the standards in gaming industry.

Somberlain

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Yeah the tone and presentation is utter shite but it still had the potential to be a fun shooter with nice destruction. Doubt any patches will make it into that now. But hey, let's turn this mediocre shooter into a top seller because we're edgy retards who are fighting the good fight against SJWs! This will truly raise the standards in gaming industry.

[Intelligence] So, you are mad that I fight the good fight with my wallet on Steam? :smug:

Not mad, I'm bored of this crap. And of political faggots shitting up my hobby with their nonsense in general.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom