Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Have IGN closed NWN Vaults?

Recently I've decided to download Bastard of Kosigan mods for NWN1. But it's been almost two days and http://nwvault.ign.com/ is still down. Could the impending Atari liquidation have something to do with this? Given that other Vaults are up and functional. Or am I just being paranoid?

grotsnik

Arcane
Quite possibly your paranoia is justified - but reading between the lines of the slightly panicky babbling from someone who's been archiving the mods, most of the stuff may yet be safe.

Still, that's a bit of history gone.:(

Quite possibly your paranoia is justified - but reading between the lines of the slightly panicky babbling from someone who's been archiving the mods, most of the stuff may yet be safe.

Still, that's a bit of history gone.:(
Ah, yeah, I knew about this site, though I haven't seen this particular post.

But damn, larpers. And trannies. Though I suppose old Vault was full of 'em too.
RVtv3aJdCa3ViMBEYFoSnAN1B.png

...and they don't even have Bastard of Kosigan series. :cry: Fuck, I have worst timing ever.

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
Could Atari please just go away already? There have been so many licensing and ownership shenanigans with them that I stopped counting at some point and all it's done over the years is to be a detriment to gamers. Atari, go home.

...and they don't even have Bastard of Kosigan series. :cry: Fuck, I have worst timing ever.
Someone is bound to have them, so they will resurface sooner or later.
Yeah, you're right, of course. It's just that I rarely have free time lately, and precisely when I got a few days off — this happened. Such as life, eh.

Still, if NWN Vaults really had been closed, then that's a huge shame.

XenomorphII

Prophet
Wow, this is pretty sad. I hope it comes back up, but I doubt it.

I would say give it some time, and most (especially the good stuff) will make its way to the new vault.

deuxhero

Arcane
Yeah, noticed this yesterday when I finished Conan Chronicles 1 and went to get the second part. I thought it was just a temporary outage.

Divinity: Original Sin
Yeah, noticed this yesterday when I finished Conan Chronicles 1 and went to get the second part. I thought it was just a temporary outage.

Nexus has part 2.

I re-installed NWN2 yesterday, and then I searched a mod that changes the mouse button settings, since the default was annoying me. I found that nwvault had one, but so far, i couldn't find a mirror anywhere.

deuxhero

Arcane

Nexus has part 2.

I re-installed NWN2 yesterday, and then I searched a mod that changes the mouse button settings, since the default was annoying me. I found that nwvault had one, but so far, i couldn't find a mirror anywhere.

Thanks.

Do you know what, if any, of the files I can skip from having the first part installed?

titus

Arcane
Patron
I have added everything that I have from the vault in there. Some are big, I`m not sure how much time it will take you to get them, as I see quite a few downloads :)
Anyway, my PC is on all the time, so if you use a download manager you should be able to get whatever you need, in time.

So, it seems that site itself is still working, it's only its DNS is down. If you add to your hosts file a line
69.10.25.55 nwvault.ign.com
, then you can access it, and even download from it. I don't know how long it'll last though.

Daemongar

Arcane
Codex Year of the Donut
Ah, yeah, I knew about this site, though I haven't seen this particular post.

But damn, larpers. And trannies. Though I suppose old Vault was full of 'em too.
RVtv3aJdCa3ViMBEYFoSnAN1B.png
If any of you are Chaos_Queen_Jessica, please shave for your profile picture. It's not like you have to slyly indicate to folks you may not be a gal. Thank you.

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Wow, I was just downloading stuff from the vault a few days ago.

Divinity: Original Sin
Thanks.

Do you know what, if any, of the files I can skip from having the first part installed?

No, I haven't tried the mod myself yet, I just saw it there when I was browsing through their files.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom