Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Haven & Hearth 2.0 is in development.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
hafen

There's this one screenshot apart from that there's little else known. One thing the devs have said is that they want a larger world where traveling through nature is both more interesting and more challenging than in the old Haven.

It remains to be seen if 2.0 will have enough new stuff to be interesting for those of us who have already played Haven & Hearth to death :)

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Never played the original. Would join a Codex Crew to try out the new one I guess.

Zdzisiu

Arcane
those of us who have already played Haven & Hearth to death :)

What about those who played it to several deaths? ;)

All told, I'm always willing to play some more H&H with Codex Bros, but I guess H&H 2.0 wont be here for quite some time still.

Zdzisiu

Arcane
I think that the difference in populations of H&H and Salem can be atributted to at least two major factors. The first one is the very presence of microtransactions. A lot of people are completly thrown away by any form of microtransactions because they think/feel that ultimately they will be the "second-class" players if they wont pay. Another strong factor in my opinion is the installed userbase of H&H that was created and published way before Salem and thanks to that acquired more presence on the internet and hardcore dedicated players.
The last factor that came to my mind just now is that I, for example, dont like the look of Salem, the graphics look too cartoonish and 3D-ugly for me, as opposed to the graphics of H&H.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
The main problem with Salem is that it just isn't very fun to play. Hopefully the devs understand that and will work to keep the fun in H&H 2.0 while cutting the less good elements.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
The main problem with Salem is that it just isn't very fun to play. Hopefully the devs understand that and will work to keep the fun in H&H 2.0 while cutting the less good elements.
I find the thought that Salem is somehow less fun than H&H rather terrifying.

Murk

Arcane
I... I don't want to go back. It still hurts, the bruises are gone but it still hurts. But god do I miss reading the drama on the forums. I may have to start lurking there gain; is it as good as it used to be?

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
I... I don't want to go back. It still hurts, the bruises are gone but it still hurts. But god do I miss reading the drama on the forums. I may have to start lurking there gain; is it as good as it used to be?
Not really. Seems like it's mostly semi-literate kids that are still playing, so there's plenty of inarticulate butthurt but little quality drama.

Murk

Arcane
That's probably for the best; I can't obsessively stalk over threads for he-said she-said like I used to be able to.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Well... Hafen will be 3D (fixed camera?), loftjorb will focus on it full time and they will monetize it somehow...

But anyway, still far in the future - they'll be working on transitioning Salem to the new ownership for a while. And I doubt they paid too much to Seatribe/Paradox.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom