Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Haven & Hearth 2.0 is in development.

Norfleet

Open client also made feasible for tards to write quality-grinding bots managing goods production. The bots aren't even self-sustaining, just some random crap that takes shit and bakes it for instance.
In a game where we can beat people up and take their stuff? Back in the old days, we had a word for such a creature: Pinata. Nothing like a good pinata bashing session.

Twiglard

Poland Stronk
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
Wish there was a skill cap to discourage basement-dwelling. Wish goods supply chain was even more involved.

Norfleet, it comes to who can steamroll better and higher-quality goods help with that.

Norfleet

Norfleet, it comes to who can steamroll better and higher-quality goods help with that.
I like steamrolling, and I like CONSTRUCTING ADDITIONAL PYLONS, so I'm okay with this. How does all this work? When does it start?

Muty

Prophet
Patron
Wasteland 2 BattleTech
Depends on when they run out of weed and actually start developing.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
Gameplay!

Looks pretty good. Supposedly it may be ready to play in a couple of months.

Muty

Prophet
Patron
Wasteland 2 BattleTech
:bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce: as usual. Release faster or I'll run out of cum soon.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
Haven 2.0 will have major changes in spawning, New Codexia probably will be hard to build.

jorb said:
sabinati said:
jorb said:
By the by. Teleportation only along formal roads. No hearth secrets. Random wilderness spawns only.

so groups can't start together?

Correct. We think that that plus the increased difficulty in arbitrarily creating alts at a given location is going to be beneficial for the game's environment. Our perspective would be to approach it as a single-player game first and foremost.

Zdzisiu

Arcane
Haven 2.0 will have major changes in spawning, New Codexia probably will be hard to build.
One the one hand, it makes sense as it would eliminate bullshit like alt spawning en masse through someones hearthfire and grieving the shit of somebody.

On the other hand, it will really make grouping more difficult, because you will either have to hope for luck to spawn kinda close to your friends (or make alts until you do), or take a loooong trip to meet with them. And that trip will be one hell of a problem at the start of the world when there is no world map available and nobody has any idea where he spawned and where to go.

The bit about approaching it as a single-player game first and foremost sounds stupid too, H&H was always about some forms of communes working together, with people specializing in their own narrow field of usefull skills. Going hermit was only for those completly anti-social types who couldnt work in a team and liked being a meaningless pushover for every group around.

Zdzisiu

Arcane
You dont have to plant each and every seed individually? Fuck that game.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I can;t wait, I want to play NOW :negative: Fuck you, Zdzisiu , this game was my true addiction, it was to me like WoW to its players dying of dehydration, I have probably wasted thousands of hours on this pointless shit, yet I finally got out in March 2014 and now you made me get back to this. oh ffs.

At least I hope they have done something to that crappy 'curiosity' experience system. I liked the old one, even though it was abused by Russkie scum, but at least it was fun. 'Curiosity' killed the game.

Zdzisiu

Arcane
I can;t wait, I want to play NOW :negative: Fuck you, Zdzisiu , this game was my true addiction, it was to me like WoW to its players dying of dehydration, I have probably wasted thousands of hours on this pointless shit, yet I finally got out in March 2014 and now you made me get back to this. oh ffs.

At least I hope they have done something to that crappy 'curiosity' experience system. I liked the old one, even though it was abused by Russkie scum, but at least it was fun. 'Curiosity' killed the game.
I on the other hand prefered curiosity system to the old "grind pots or pave roads all day, and deforest the whole continent for xp" system.

The launch might be pretty wonky and unstable at the start, with some server crashes and stuff, but that is to be expected given the small size of their studio and that it is a first reveal of this version to the public.

Zdzisiu

Arcane
is there any exact time when the new world will be up?
Oddity wrote: They estimate it might start around 4-5 PM UTC+2.
Jorb: No, we might start around 4-5 PM UTC+2, with setting it up. It'll likely take a couple of hours. :)

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
There are 78 hearthlings playing.

Among these, there are 20 from Mother Russia, 18 from the Masonic Republic of America, 9 from Poland, 6 from Belgium, and 6 from Ukraine.

:salute:

Konjad

Patron
btw when I click "fullscreen" in the client I get a black screen (with a cursor though), anyone else had such issue??

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom