Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

HD Regulars : games you keep coming back to

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
Doom Wads - the gift that keeps on giving. There's a shitload of awesome stuff and good ones keep on coming. :salute:
Deus Ex at least once a year, vanilla or one of the TCs.
VTM Bloodlines, once a year. Probably with some shitty mod for variety and cringes.
Fallout 1 or 2 every couple of years. FO1 I'll probably finish, if I start FO2 I'll most likely drop it somewhere before crappy SFrisco. Maybe with some quest mod for lulz and facepalms.
BGT every couple of years. With some mods, but none of the pathetic megamods. Stop at the end of BG2, I can't stomach ToB shitfest again.
I'll probably replay one of the first 2 Silent Hill games. Maybe make a slow-ass marathon where I play them up to 4 in the course of a couple of years. I may bring myself to finish SH3 and SH4, but not likely.
Underrail will probably get on this list. I still have many character ideas I want to try.
A quick Max Payne 1&2 run will also probably happen.
PST. Even if it's not a game built for many replays and I've replayed it too much already, but I'll probably get drawn into its world again at some point.

I'll also definitely replay some of the always installed ScummVM adventures and some of these:
DUXaYfp.jpg

sser

Arcane
Developer
Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast
Sid Meier's SimGolf
Rollercoaster Tycoon 2
Planescape Torment
King's Bounty or Age of Wonders: SM

Jedi Outcast is only game that never leaves my HDD. The rest I've reinstalled a million times depending on mood.

Damn, Sid Meier's Golf. Don't see that mentioned often.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
X-com (OpenXcom now)
JA 2
Terraria
Mount & Blade: Warband (Hopefully it will be replaced with Bannerlord)
Skyrim (Just can't help it)
Neverwinter Nights
Men of War 2 (Always good for a quick battle when you get that WW2 urge)
Crusader Kings II
Silent Storm
Medieval Total War II (For mods. I keep coming back to The Third Age)

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
I only played JA2 once (and fucking LOVED it). Need to play it again...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom