Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Hellion "space survival game"

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
Do we already have a thread about this?

http://store.steampowered.com/app/588210/HELLION/

I'm close to buying this until I read a bit and about despawning mechanism and that everything you did dissapears after 48hours or so. Thought that I could possibly regret it.

Otherwise this pretty much sounds like a dream, you can fly to, then dock / undock modules floating in space, manage your air / energy and other systems, and it has realistic gravity.

explore a persistent solar system where all in-game objects from planets and moons to ships and stations abide by Newtonian Physics and full Orbital Mechanics. A seamless world you can immerse yourself in without interruptions. No instances or loading screens.

• Realistic scale solar system (completed)
  • Newtonian Physics (completed)
  • Orbital mechanics (completed)
  • Seamless transitions (completed)
  • Persistent universe (completed)

Not hyped about the PvP but it can probably be better played in coop on private server.

Gameplay videos are much closer in athmosphere to Alien or 2001, not hyperactive action shit but really slow and very close to realism.

If anyone has experience, I'd like to know if they regret the game or not.

ShaggyMoose

Savant
Unfortunately, this game is now officially abandoned. Too bad, I thought it might end up better than Space Engineers.

Burning Bridges

There was quite a shitstorm over this one, which forced the developer to completely pull the game from Steam.

Burning Bridges

They were releasing updates, a new UI and announcing bugfixes but then suddenly a post:

"We decided it was not worth it and development on Hellion ended. This is the last post, the team is already disbanded. Thanks for the support guys!"

But the kicker was that they left the buggy unfinished junksoftware on Steam for 12$, a lot of people reported the dev to Steam and eventually Hellion was pulled.

They also did not release the source code because "open source release is ruled out by the Unity's TOS" :lol:

What a fucking disaster and an automatic lifetime ticket among the "dirty devs" list.

The name of the developer is Zero Gravity Games remember it!

Burning Bridges

No. Rather that's what you get when a clueless investor outsources all development to some East European sweatshop. In the end everone feels cheated: the investor, the developer and the customers.

There was even a review by one of the lead devepers in which he said he wanted to continue, but others preferred to take the remaining funds for their next projects. In an E/A game! The last days of Hellion development must have been a total clusterfuck.

urmom

Learned
Wow, they must have spent a ton of money on cutscene/trailer!

Last edited:
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I really had high hopes for this game. Zero-G flight and EVA was fun, better single player, a way to compress jump times (in single player), and mod support to make it bit less grindy and it would have been lovely. Crap like this makes me really wary of any EA games.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom