Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline Help me find games for my mother.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Myst series? See about plot but no clue what about puzzles difficult...

Tytus

Arcane
Myst series? See about plot but no clue what about puzzles difficult...

She tried to play Atlantis series back in the day which was very similar to Myst with gamestyle but didn't go well with her. Maybe Myst will be a better fit. Thanks for the advice.

RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In
What about city builders (Zeus, Cleopatra, Emperor). As far as I remember they are much lighter on combat than Civ. There's also Euro Truck Simulator 2, there is even a potatoland expansion pack. Also what about all these Tycoon games germans were shittying by the dozens in the early 00's. You know Car Tycoon, Game Tycoon, Pizza Syndicate etc.

Astral Rag

Arcane
Don't forget about
960x1320.jpg

toilet-tycoon-product-sheet-en.jpg
It won the 2006 Fun award so you can be sure it's a quality game.

Farage

Arcane
Patron
What the... is that shit real?

In topic, i agree with roller coaster tycoon and don't starve.
You can play don't starve and avoid combat by using followers.
Minecraft is a little dull for your mom's taste.

Last edited:
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In
Also too bad that you mum can't speak English because Scribblenauts is just a game for her. You just go around, fuck around find stuff and that's it. Theoretically it's a puzzle game but puzzles are so simple it's just a game about fucking around in weird locations.

pippin

What about Caesar 3? You can choose between peaceful and military missions. And it's dirt cheap on GoG.

:Flash:

Arcane
From the Settlers games I would specifically recommend Settlers 2.
There is so much going on, because all wares are transported on the streets. You can see exactly where the wares are piling up, and influence it. Then you can build ships for exploration. It's the best peaceful city builder I know. There's a 10th anniversary edition, which is exactly the same game with 3d graphics, but I'd recommend the original, the pixel dudes are much more charming than the balloonhead dudes.

You can play it in non-combat mode, but she might even like the combat. I normally don't like combat, but the one in Settlers 2 is an exception, because you have absolutely no control over it, thus there is no frantic clicking, or strategy, or anything involved. You just knock on the enemy barracks' door, and the soldiers from both sides queue up for duels. It sounds stupid, but it is really addictive, because you can count the hits, knowing exactly how long your (or the enemy's) soldier will survive, but there is absolutely nothing you can do to influence the duel.

Also

CyberWhale

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Master of Orion
Dungeon Keeper
Sheep

You could also try to emulate the Wii with a Dolphin emulator - Little King's Story and New Play Control! Pikmin series could be interesting to her even though they're actually real-time strategies.

Some time she played an add-on for Sims 3 - World Adventures. She loved it. And she asked me if I know about any games where you can explore stuff like in World Adventures but there isn't any combat or real danger in it.

Maybe an Elder Scrolls game on the easiest difficulty. There's plenty of combat, but plenty of exploration downtime between the fights and even on Hard they're not that difficult (on minimum they'll be over in a flash). The Legend of Zelda series are also an option for the same reasons (easy combat and puzzles, plenty of exploration)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom