Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Help Thane get rich! No, not really...

Exterminatus!?

• Yes

Votes: 13 65.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • I fap on Candy Crush Saga

Votes: 6 30.0%

• Total voters

Thane Solus

Arcane
Hi Guys,

I recently started to develop games as an indie mobile decliner. While i wanted to start to make niche games for PC, first i wanted to finish some of my small prototypes and so far it works, at least i am having fun, tho after 2-3 more small silly games like this i ll move to my favorite niche which is turn based strategy/grand strategies and classic RTS. But to do something as indie at first you have to start small, so i did, but with almost zero market budget... so here we go.

During the years while not working at Gameloft or Ubisoft(not working anymore for them, oh i worked for EA too, i lasted 1 day and quit:PP), i made tons of prototypes in my spare time and lately i embraced the decline of mobile, due to low entry, basically can publish very small games, which in return may get me some recognition, but mostly experience as solo developer which is important and some money? (yeah,right...). Its fun to complete a small game even if i am not always proud, see Flappynator.

So i need some help for those that are using their mobile for decline, the rest will troll me anyway:)

My site of decline is http://lw-games.com

The "Gamez":

THEY ARE ALL FREE OF COURSE, they dont a have production value and content to cost something. They have some ads, but nothing intrusive.

Flappynator: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.lwgames.doggystrike
Station Defense: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.lwgames.stationdefense

What do i need from those willing to help:

1) Rating and Review on the google play store
2) Recorded score (basically just log in google play game when asked in game and it will track your score for the leaderboard)
3) Keep the game on the phone a few days, or weeks dont uninstall imediatly (it counts on google statistics)
4) Google +1 on google play score
5) Share it on your social/friends if you think it has some value.

Thanks Guys

:popamole:

Last edited:

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Will give it a shot, it's not like I don't have Takes of Illyria to play or anything... Oh wait, I do.
Will give it a shot anyway, this stuff best be reasonably-priced.

Thane Solus

Arcane
Will give it a shot, it's not like I don't have Takes of Illyria to play or anything... Oh wait, I do.
Will give it a shot anyway, this stuff best be reasonably-priced.

I wouldn't ask anybody on this forum to buy such simple, silly games. A proper indie RPG or Strategy/RTS, yes, but i am somewhat far from it. Maybe at the end of year i can finish my old projects, who knows.

Thanks

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
Well not everybody started with Paper Please unfortunately...But give me time:P

That's what you need to aim for to succeed, not this derivative clone nonsense. Either cause hype or controversy, either will work to boost your sales. Something like a rape simulator would no doubt get you lots of free advertising from all the butthurt internet SWJs.

Thane Solus

Arcane
Well not everybody started with Paper Please unfortunately...But give me time:P

That's what you need to aim for to succeed, not this derivative clone nonsense. Either cause hype or controversy, either will work to boost your sales. Something like a rape simulator would no doubt get you lots of free advertising from all the butthurt internet SWJs.

I agree, but after so many years, i just wanted to finish one of the dozen prototypes i made. The Flappynator was not even planned to release anywhere, it was for a silly flappy jam, and then i compiled for mobiles to get some knowledge and experience. I have 2-3 proper indie games in development, they just need lots of time. Hopefully i will finish at least one of them.

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
Did you do all the graphics too or did you get some indian to draw those?

Thane Solus

Arcane
Did you all the graphics too or did you get some indian to draw those?

Half of them are free graphics, the other half i made it. Beside the dog, which i contracted someone to make it for a different game which i didnt finish so far...

AlexOfSpades

Arcane
I'll download both and keep them on my phone. I'll try them when i have more time, and give you a review.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
OP put me on ignore but now that I know he's a shitty iphone developer I don't feel bad. Still, I hope he winds up penniless in a ditch. Also needs a marketing plant tag.

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Oh well, played the flappy bird clone. Its an ok toilet game. Didnt see ads thankfully.

But I'll call bullshit on prototypes talk, these 2 games are generic clones of some other popular generic games. Bet you didnt have these prototypes or "ideas" 6 months ago.
So yeah, marketing plant. Shame, with all that talent you couldve make your own game but no, you did a flappy bird clone. lol

pakoito

Arcane
Patron
You are a terrible terrible person and I wish the best for your enterprise. You need to break with more complete games anyway, a couple of weekend code prototype's won't make it and you know it.

How does one survive Gameloft, by the way? I really hope it was not the branch in Barcelona.

And what framework are you using to develop this :decline:?

Thane Solus

Arcane
:) Love the replies.

1) The Fartinator was a game for flappy jam, that was never intended to be published or made. After i made it and i use it to test the compilers and the hipster mobile market, to see how it works and other things.
2) I didnt work for GL Barcelona.
3) I actually despise the mobile market, but like i said it low entry barrier so you can make experiments and eventually make real lengthy games. While 80% of the games are generic crap much like my Fartinator or better, some are very interesting niche games. I played the hell out on my tablet the Dune II open port <3

Also while i called the name Flappynator, is not really a flappy clone, is more like helicopter(atari) or badlands similar game, but because Flappy shit was so popular, everybody screams flappy bird without really knowing the difference.

Anyway thanks for replies, when one of my proper games will be ready ill bring here to find out its a clone of call of duty:)))

Last edited:

Thane Solus

Arcane
OP put me on ignore but now that I know he's a shitty iphone developer I don't feel bad. Still, I hope he winds up penniless in a ditch. Also needs a marketing plant tag.

Oh btw to understand what i can do when time permits check out my most popular mod for Warband (Mount and Blade) Warband Enhanced: http://www.moddb.com/mods/warband-enhanced

Basically a package with all the popular mod fixed together + personal enhancements. (For paranoic people, its not a marketing plant, its only for 1.143 version, so it pretty old, to update to the newest version i will have to update others people work which is huge task. Ill rather mod MB 2 :)) ) So not really a iphone developer Metro, lol. I dont even have an iphone...

Thane Solus

Arcane
So when's your Kickstarter due? ;-p

not for me, if i do something interesting for PC will be on my own budget/time. Kickstarters i like them for the return of some classic devs, tho some lost their mind in the process. See Chris Roberts selling space ships every month, without having a proper combat alpha compared to Elite Frontiers. Xenonauts went nicely i guess, still needs some polish, Wasteland 2 is a little scary but hopefully in time it will do better.

Mobile are good for the low entry point, but every day i get pissed more of more on retarded app managers, optimization, non players etc. If i had the budget to make a proper PC game right now, i wouldn't even look at mobiles. But everybody has to start somewhere, instead of trolling on forums and calling everything a clone, when they play clones every day.

Thane Solus

Arcane
oh i worked for EA too, i lasted 1 day and quit:PP)
really? why?

Tbh i dont know was what is in my mind when i accepted the job(QA), when i talked with my superiors and i saw how things work there(policies, salary, dumb fucks, shitty games), it was clearly just like i knew, incompetence and yes men, so i went to my manager and i told him that it was fun, but i can be a drone anymore so i went home. They panicked a little at first lol, it was fun. They couldn't understand why, but most of them they worked at EA as their first job, so their were brainwashed to the bones, much like some people around here.

I didnt talk much about the 'flappy clone', since if you look at the video you will see its more like a badland, helicopter clone, but whatever, call it whatever you know.

You do realize the Codex consists of, like, ten different unique users, at most?

Cloned people that act like they are PC Gamers, but in reality they are pop a mole console gamers:)))

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom