Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Hero-U: Rogue to Redemption - adventure-RPG from the creators of Quest for Glory

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Last edited by a moderator:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Another Sierra franchise goes to Chris Pope! Expecting butthurt from Paul Trowe

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Hmm. Interesting. Could be cool in they teamed up with TGFA. But that doesn't sound like a confirmation in that direction... just that they met.

kaizoku

Arcane
Guest for Glory?

Well it could mean just a guest appearance on a kickstarter project :lol:

I'm still not 100% sure it means what it reads. Haven't they said countless times they had no interest in making a new game?

Hoping for the best.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
I'm still not 100% sure it means what it reads. Haven't they said countless times they had no interest in making a new game?

Hoping for the best.

Well all that it says is that he met with them and that they're planning a Kickstarter. They might be trying to get funding for one of their other ideas like that School for Heroes website they had been working on. It doesn't actually say they're trying to fund another QfG. Still though, that'd be awesome. :)

Kahlis

Cipher
Hoping the game will be a nice middle-ground between RPG skill checks and adventuring. I felt as though QFG1 and QFG2 were the only games where training and improving statistics really made any appreciable difference (granted if you imported your character in the later games that was inevitable), and by QFG4 they had sort have gone full-adventure and dismissing the RPG mechanics as something of an inconvenience. Examples include finding virtually all the money you'll ever need in Erana's Garden, and being able to train strength by simply clicking on the exercise machine once a day. I could be in the minority on this though, or perhaps the combat systems in the earlier games (especially QFG2) made mindless grinding feel more exciting.

Not to say I wanted the game to be a full RPG, of course. I loved the character progression and storytelling (awkwardly paced as it may have been) in equal measure, and it's a shame adventure games nowadays seem less inclined to do sequels because there's just something incredibly gratifying about encountering old characters again. What are other Codexians' stances on the series? Did you guys prefer one element of the series more than the other? Was Ad Avis canonically wearing his black turban at the end of QFG2 EGA or the red one from his later appearances?

Pope Amole II

Nerd Commando Game Studios
Developer
Hell yeah!

TBH, I would've really preferred a demake of QfG 5 for the starters, to make it 2d (or pseudo 2d, but just like it was in the previous parts of series) and identical to 1-4 gameplay - I just can't bring myself to complete 5th part. But, well, another part will also be nice.

Whisky

The Solution
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera
So we got a fan spiritual successor to Quest for Glory and a new Quest for Glory itself. Gotta say...

tumblr_lmv2svJX0Y1qe5ud0.jpg

Blackthorne

Infamous Quests
Patron
Developer
Codex 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Yeah, it's real exciting that Lori and Cori are going to be doing another game! I do not know if it's going to be a Quest For Glory game, but Lori sent this letter to Elsa, who runs a forum called Quest For More Glory.

Hi Elsa,

I just re-registered for the More Glory site, but I can’t post in the forums yet. So I thought I’d give you an update on our lives and let you post what you want to the forums.

I was trying to comment on the status update that Blake started.

Corey mentioned in his update that we might be doing a remake of QG1. My response to that information was much like some of the comments on the forum – why would we want to do that? We really prefer to do something new.

So Other than that wacky idea, the rest of the things Corey mentioned were topics we have had under serious discussion lately.

However, Corey and I had a very interesting time at Comic Con last weekend. We spent many hours in meetings at the convention with various people. As a result of these meetings, I can say that a Kickstarter project is definitely in our future. However, we don’t know what project we will be funding yet. It will depend upon other people, development houses, and game companies.

I would like to start the Kickstarter in late October, so that will give you all a chance to get excited about the mystery project even though it’s still a mystery to us.

At Comic Con, they held a panel on Kickstarting games with Oded Sharon from Adventure Mob, , Chris Jones (Tex Murphy), Chris Pope (Two Guys from Andromeda: SpaceVenture), Jordan Weisman (Shadowrun), and Chris Avellone (Wasteland 2). One of the points they stressed was that every successful kickstarter project has depended upon “Super Fans” to help.

There could be no more loyal, wonderful, or Super fans than the people here on Quest for More Glory.

In particular Elsa, you have been a wonderful supporter over the years and we owe you a great debt for keeping this website and the spirit of QfG alive.

To repay part of this debt, we will make sure that any news we have about what we are doing will be announced on your forums quickly. Corey and I will have a more active role in posting on your forums and making sure you all know firsthand any exciting events.

I would also like to ask for the help from the fans to help spread the news and build the excitement for our Kickstarter campaign. We’re going to start a website that will be members-only for all the Super Fan people who help with our Kickstarter project. You, Elsa, will be one of the first members. You’ve certainly earned it.

I’m really excited by all the things that are going on right now. This is going to be fun.

Keep on Questing,

Lori
Original Link: http://www.questformoreglory.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=3100

So, awesome news, either way! I'm psyched!

Bt

kaizoku

Arcane
241GA.jpg

indeed

it's good news they're doing a kickstarter for a new project, but I find it quite of troubling that it seems they have no idea on what they want to do and set the constraints on "other people, development houses, and game companies."
But maybe that's just me being a pessimist

hope for the best

SerratedBiz

Arcane
It might be kinda dickish on my part, but it irks me that having bought at least one copy of every QfG game from 1-5 and two copies of the Anthology somehow doesn't qualify me as a Super Fan person for the members-only website.

kaizoku

Arcane
It might be kinda dickish on my part, but it irks me that having bought at least one copy of every QfG game from 1-5 and two copies of the Anthology somehow doesn't qualify me as a Super Fan person for the members-only website.
What's the biggie?

My understanding is that she refers to super-fans as the people who will be supporting their kickstarter project.

She's probably just letting Elsa get into the loop sooner than the others.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Thanks for sharing that Blackthorne! :salute:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom