Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Heroes of the Storm

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
They're about three or four years behind the curve on this one.

AMG

Arbiter
lel edgy codex fags can't handle a mobabb dota game. I'm sure Mass effect 3 multiplayer has a practice mode *trolfaec*.

And this game looks terrible. Blizzard devolved into some f2p shovelware developer. Collect coins as diablo riding on a rainbow pony for some ghost pirate to destroy enemy base. Are they srs?

Seeker
In My Safe Space
This will be even more casual than LoL. They said last hitting won't be possible. It's all about the action. Nevertheless, already applied for beta :M

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Looks fun. Who doesnt want to play as Diablo and wreck puny humans?
Also there seems to be some nice map variation. And 15-20 minutes games are surely a big fucking plus. Go go Blizzzzard!

Also, if you want to learn a MOBA you need a helper, someone that will teach you the core basics. This is why most of you fail at em.
There is practice mode in DOTA 2, but what will it teach you? How to press QWER and rightclick? You need someone to play with.

i don't need helpers, there's plenty of guides. the best one says, almost literally:

- don't fight critters, stand there staring for 30 minutes until one of them is almost dead and then hit it only once, just once, or it'll unbalance the whole game and we'll kill you
- don't fight enemies, run around with other people for 30 minutes until one of them does something, don't take initiative or it'll unbalance the whole game and we'll kill you
- don't experiment with powers, read this fucking guide and don't even try to have fun, or it'll unbalance the whole game and we'll kill you
- don't experiment with equipment, read this guide and don't even try to have fun, or it'll unbalance the whole game and we'll kill you

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Well, that must be DOTA2 guide, surely. :P

One of the big downsides is a steep learning curve. When I started playing LoL 3 and a half years ago game had like 40 champs, one main map, 3vs3 one in beta and gameplay and mechanics werent advanced as they are now.
You're way too late to the party, you can still learn the game but it will take much more time cause of the sheer content game has now. LoL has 110+ champions/heroes right now, and just to learn what their abilities do and when to use em/how to defend from them is a massive time investment. I totally understand unwillingness to do that. But if you're gonna do it anyway, then do it with a bro.

OTOH, this blizzard game seems more brawler focused, just go in and wreck shit. Easier to get into, easier to play, shorter games, more interesting maps, and you get to play as Kerrigan, Diablo, Arthas or whatever his name is.

Self-Ejected

AngryEddy

Self-Ejected
It seems like the PR people are already on the job with every single HOTS video. You'll find comments like these:
bye bye riot!!!! good bye LoL ,this is the end
with 80 + likes all over the place, but then you read content from people who weren't hired from a PR agency, you'll see everyone basically in a consensus of:

Sure pudge hook is there , pudge is so epic hero , so every moba game wants him/need him btw i saw sunstrike from invoker !!!

This is like a very bad LoL copy and a very bad DotA 2 copy combined. LoL graphics >> just bad. DotA 2 heroes >> heroes in DotA 2 are great but this is just a rip-off.

lol you are talking like lol players will leave the game and will start playing this one? this game as dota has different graphics and its more difficult then lol so nope riot is not dead ...

As a DOTA2 player, i must say that LoL is even better than this.

This is DOTA??

This game will be full of ex wow gamers who got tired of the meanless mmorpg gaming and are looking for the moba concentrated action. Its coming out kinda late.. how many people are gonna give up Lol or Hon or Dota to learn an entirely new game? Finally the king of the moba era is Lol and its still on its peak... THe only new moba i can see attracting people from the excisting mobas is the new super hero one and a potential lord of the rings which I hope will come out

*source

almondblight

Arcane
Yeah, that was my experience as well... why can't shitty developers make a practice mode or whatever?

Meh...I remember that happening in Starcraft a lot too. As long as you have the ability to kill your allies without getting kicked off, it's no problem.

Looks cool, and ffsRIOT has pissed me off enough that I am tired of lØl. Signed up for beta on this one.

J1M

Arcane
The Blizzard product will succeed no matter how much you complain because unlike DOTA2 or LOL, it doesn't have an item shop that is full of secret cheat codes for advanced players.

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
This looks absolutely insipid and unnecessary.

Also this:

53nrjo.gif

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
This looks absolutely insipid and unnecessary.

Also this:

53nrjo.gif

Japan called. It feels its dominance over embarrasingly ridiculous animated fights threatened.

Also doesn't it feature the chick from the cancelled Starcraft action game?

sea

inXile Entertainment
Developer
MOBAs are the new MMOs. League of Legends is fucking massive and everyone wants a piece of the pie, especially Blizzard now that they're butthurt over Warcraft dying and not receiving a fat cut from Icefrog. Move along, nothing to see here.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
It's still a smart move -- Blizzard has their own 'baked in' audience that will play this game simply because it's made by Blizzard.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom