Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Heroes of the Storm

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard

Such an awesome ost for such a game. Makes me wish for a real single player blizzard game.

hajro

Arbiter
Why do people praise Hots on this forum when the obvious superior game is DotA2:happytrollboy:

hajro

Arbiter
Explain plz, This plays like a babys first game without all the things that required skill in games of this genre. Its the PvZ garden Warfare of MOBA/Arts games. :mrpresident:

SirSingAlot

Arbiter
omg, is this game dying so much they need those snowball recruitment link thingy?

the game is ok, its Blizzard who actually never fails to impress me on a level of faggotry.

i was about to post a link myself until i noticed the rewards the shady recruiter gets are shit.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Yep. It's the second Ponzi scheme they've rolled out in as many months. Rewards are indeed pretty shit but the perks for a new player are pretty nice.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
This is the best MOBA there is on the market. Most fun of all of em.

It's not dying, it's not going anywhere. gg

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
They also extended their store-wide 50% off sale through the end of the year which basically tells me they're coming to realize their skins/heroes are all overpriced.

hajro

Arbiter
I made 60 euro with the TI5 compendium, pretty expensive i have to say.

Scruffy

Ex-janitor
Patron
Codex 2012 Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014
Well, if anyone is thinking they want to give this game a try, if you use this link i get free stuff ingame, and you get it too... (I know, I know)

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
#VultureGate

Fucking retarded beyond belief, that they would choose to only make this vulture mount avaliable through recruit a noob event.

What's that Blizzard? You don't want my 20 dollars for the mount? No? Okay, then. Fuck you.

Also, please use my link, I get the free vulture mount, and you get free stimpack and heroes!

Thank you!

LINK: https://battle.net/recruit/ZWLDPSKRXG

sser

Arcane
Developer
Apparently this has driven a lot of people into smurfing (what a shocker). So then the few legitimately new people who are recruited run into a buzzsaw of experienced players...

GreyViper

Prophet
Well overall I think DotA2 offers more variety. BUT lack of more map variety, long matches, must do ancient farming on some chars and Suka Blats. Just made me go meh and just ignore it now. With Hots I can wait 3 days, then do 3 fast games collect the reward and quit. Because for me boredom kicks in after 5th game.
Im curious tough what heroes did you guys pick at start until you hit say 4. Did you go with a waifu harem or powergaming chars like Kaelthas, Zagara?

Self-Ejected

Ludo Lense

Self-Ejected
The problem is that DotA is by far more exhausting. Hots trades accomplishment for ease of mind. 1 bad game of DotA can put a lot of people in a bad mood, in Hots you don't care. That is what most people that play the game tell me and I agree but I like Smite the most so meh.

What you get wrong is that you do care about a bad HotS game. It has all the bad parts of a Dota game (rage, shitty players) without the good parts of Dota (i.e. sense of accomplishment).

Self-Ejected

Ludo Lense

Self-Ejected
What you get wrong is that you do care about a bad HotS game. It has all the bad parts of a Dota game (rage, shitty players) without the good parts of Dota (i.e. sense of accomplishment).

Obviously some people with dedicate more time than others and ranked is probably more hardcore but even in my short 20-30 hours stint with HotS it was much more chill than Dota. Plus if it is a horrible game then it is over quick, also due to all that rubber-banding I've seen some stupid comebacks.

It is about as pick-up-and-play you can make the structure of a Dota-style game.

Wild Slop

Arcane
This game sucks but...

https://battle.net/recruit/VWNV8D5TQ7

Use muh link and you get free heroes (including Sylvanas, wtf that's a good hero I paid goldz for!) and random shit.

Yeah... I went there...

Even though I already was playing I used your link as a test. This wasn't too long after you first posted it. Anyway, just today I noticed the recruit button and it said I was recruited by Metro#1494. Did you get any freebies? I didn't get anything from "signing up" but this could be due to the already being a player thing.

This is my competing link for any takers: https://battle.net/recruit/MJNGK6FBKM

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom