Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Heroes of the Storm

Fug

Educated
When you design a game for retards, retards are gonna come and play it. ASSFAGGOTS just have a higher number of retards in general due to most being free to play, which attracts the absolute worst.

Wild Slop

Arcane
you need to be a super sophisticated strategist to play real mobas. Your arena is the mind. You don't play it. It's not just a game. You need skill, and this reflects on your worth as a human

Revenant

The only way I'd ever install this game again was if they added the Blackthorne hero from the Blizzard Classic universe. Then I'd start a quick match, play for 2 minutes, get bored to tears, quit and uninstall.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
They've been doing multiple promotions over the course of a year now. They'll never make HoTS as popular as DOTA or LoL for the simple reason they were several years behind on the MOBA curve. Overwatch is having success because TF2 has been aging for a while and no other publisher has put out a derpy and casual multiplatform team shooter.

sser

Arcane
Developer
The irony, to me anyway, is that HotS is way more interesting than DotA or LoL while Overwatch is pretty boring shit. This is why timing your release is so important. (RIP Battleborn.)

Puukko

Arcane
I played 15 games for the Genji skin and had quite a bit of fun. I might return to it and do another 15 for the heroes. I am a MOBA virgin so this is all fresh and interesting for me.

Wild Slop

Arcane
Blizz is trying hard to push HOTS as it seems.

they actually do some nice promotion that lasts until December 4th.
play with a friend, unlock up to 5 newish heroes, 31 day stimpack, mount and some overwatch skins.

http://us.battle.net/heroes/en/blog/20327397/take-the-nexus-challenge-11-15-2016
Make that January 4th.

I had stopped playing for quite a while and was just picking it back up, about to spend some of the hoard of gold I had stored back too.. now this.

Seeker
In My Safe Space
This game will remain in obscurity because of their unwillingness to unrig the match making, not punishing feeders and afkers and allowing groups in ranked play. It will survive like smash bros does for nintendo, under the shadow of proper fighting games but it will never reach the size of dota.

SirSingAlot

Arbiter
well, Blizz has also upped the price money for next year like big times, so this should add to the popularity and give more pros the incentive to play more often.
twitch viewer numbers have increased significantly as well and Blizz now officially claims its a MOBA (using the appropriate terminoly)

i am not claiming this game it the hottness, i am a MOBA potato anyways and play it just for fun.
it has some flaws, but after all its pretty enjoyable and imo has some things that distinguish it from DOTA/LOL in a positive way.
not havng to last hit minions/enemies is just taking so much autism out of the genre, its insane. map objectives and some creative character designs (Aba, ChoGall, next Ragnaros) i like as well.

had a 6month break from hots because i suck at it and got angry at myself, now i came back cuz of greed and i am enjoying it.

haters gonna hate, but this game isnt as bad as many try to make it look like

if anyone is interested in it, i recommend watching Grubby streams on twiitch (nearly daily), beside this guy beeing pretty awesome overall, you can get a good impression bout the meta/match making, play styles, roles and whatnot.

Seeker
In My Safe Space
By silencing and thus blocking entrance to competitive some of their best players, they aren't doing much for e-sports to grow. I met masters and grand masters in game who were silenced. Given that Riot does the same but LoL has a much greater player base and they actually can afford to do so, to give the illusion of fairness.
Here they ban good but toxic players which is correct, but the ones that remain are mediocre. Their pro scene consists of college students, not pro players. It will never take off as an e-sport, no matter the amount of money Blizzard throws at it.
It's a vanity project for them, having the cash cow that is WoW for how long nobody knows.

kreight

This game has been discussed through and through over the years. One thing in particular is the lack of items. The game offers ability choices instead but there were always abilities that ppl didn't pick because tbey were considered underpowered.

This is the underlying issue with multiplayer pvp games. There's always a choice that is better and this eliminates the reality of choice.

Devastator

Learned
Why would they do that?

Unless they are necromancers, they should just let the game decompose gracefully.

This game has been discussed through and through over the years. One thing in particular is the lack of items. The game offers ability choices instead but there were always abilities that ppl didn't pick because tbey were considered underpowered.

I take it you mean talents (abilities are QWER)? I wouldn’t mind lack of items if talents were all well developed and balanced. As it is, their quality has remained all over the place. At certain tiers there is acutally a choice to be made depending on compositions and the map. Unfortunately, for different heroes there are just talents that are either best or garbage.

Sarathiour

Cipher
Wait the game died ? It's been like 3 years since i touched the blizzard launcher, i wasn't aware that they finally gave up.

kreight

Talents, exactly. There was always the best choice with some niche intrusions.

Wait the game died ? It's been like 3 years since i touched the blizzard launcher, i wasn't aware that they finally gave up.
In 2018 they cut the dev team and stopped official esport support.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom