Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

HITMAN, the new episodic Hitman - GOTY Edition

blrrmmmff

Scholar
Game should go back to older format. I think part of appeal of hitman games was atmosphere, which is sorely lacking. Everyone speaks english with American accent (even in Morocco) , the music is very forgettable, and the maps are just too big. And having at least some semblance of an interesting story would be nice (but keeping it brief like previous games, with little to none in game cutscenes). This story is completely retarded. Felt like what little story there was, was written by edge teenagers. And the many different exotic locations was part of the fun in the older hitman games.

I also don't like how stealth element is done. Looking through walls should not be in a stealth game. And if you turn it off the game becomes a big pain in the ass, because the game is designed around looking through walls. You don't get any tools to navigate or look under doors or something. It is just lazy game design, and lack of respect for intelligence of their audience.

still fun game, but felt more like a forgettable tech demo. Worth $7-8 at best. And the fact that so many people like it tells me a lot about sorry state the stealth genre is in.

flyingjohn

Arcane
I also don't like how stealth element is done. Looking through walls should not be in a stealth game. And if you turn it off the game becomes a big pain in the ass, because the game is designed around looking through walls. You don't get any tools to navigate or look under doors or something. It is just lazy game design, and lack of respect for intelligence of their audience.
The game is not designed around super vision whatsoever.Super vision just gives you the main targets in red and you can easily open doors while not being seen considering you are in third person.(and you should know yourself in which areas you can and can't go)
Same way you don't need super vision to see behind corners cause again third person gives you that edge already by default.
And which hit man game actually gave you an option to use keyholes anyway?(minus contracts)
Edit:Well it looks like after blood money there was no look through keyhole anymore,well that is a shame.But i still think that the camera gives you enough leeway to not be bothered.

Anyway,all you need for information is the map which could be made better by actually having an option to open it up in a separate menu(like previous games),but you can easily turn everything off except the map and it still plays great.

Also this game fixes the stupidity of the disguise system from previous games by having the ability to actually use the disguise and having to be careful of specific people unlike the previous "everybody knows everybody" and absolution"use superpower to evade suspicion bullshit".

Also the game embraces the accident system from blood money and gives you plenty of "accidents" scenarios to have fun with.

Yes the melee qte system is garbage and the unlock/online things is annoying but the game is still great.

Remember hit man is more social stealth and with the changes this game introduced to the series it is more fun then ever.

Last edited:

Vibalist

Arcane
I also don't like how stealth element is done. Looking through walls should not be in a stealth game. And if you turn it off the game becomes a big pain in the ass, because the game is designed around looking through walls.

I turned this feature (along with every other hint) off after the first mission, and I can tell you the game is perfectly playable without it. As a matter of fact, it seems designed around not having it turned on.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Silent assassin had seeing through keyholes, don't remember about others.

The first thing I did in Hitman 2016 was disable instinct and minimap from the options. That's the non-retarded way to play imo.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
The main problem I have with turning everything off is that some dudes can see through your disguise for some reason, and visually without any UI feedback it's impossible to tell who those guys are. Maybe I'm just stupid though and haven't noticed what.

Berekän

A life wasted
Patron
There's an audio cue for when they're about to detect you that afaik can't be disabled, it's what I use for those guys.

AwesomeButton

Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
The main problem I have with turning everything off is that some dudes can see through your disguise for some reason, and visually without any UI feedback it's impossible to tell who those guys are. Maybe I'm just stupid though and haven't noticed what.
The enforcer guards are visually different than the regular guards, those who don't recognize you. In Showstopper for example, the guards with moustaches are the senior ones and will recongize you. They are always distinct.

Ivan

Arcane
Just started playing this: thoughts after the two tutorial levels.

+The new engine is gorgeous. The lighting is fantastic and the character models look great (costumes/attire included). My only real gripe is with the facial hair (always looks glued on).

-I don't like how the game defaults to offering hints about accidents (turned it off)

Curious to see how progression will feel here. I really liked the idea behind the reputation system in Blood Money but felt it could have and should have been much more severe. It's definitely a system I'd like to see revisited in the next installment. I'd like to see more security, wanted posters, etc.
I'm not sure I like how you can complete "challenges" without finishing the run. I find myself creating a base save and just load from that to attempt the different challenges.

Going to start Paris tonight. I think exhausting the levels one at a time is the way to go with this since I feel one could run through all the levels quite quickly by not doing the challenges. Also, I'm concerned about NPCs telegraphing assassination opportunities, hoping that's just for the tutorial: "HEY GUYS, I'm GOING TO GO HAVE A DRINK."

Last edited:

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Going to start Paris tonight. I think exhausting the levels one at a time is the way to go with this since I feel one could run through all the levels quite quickly by not doing the challenges.
Disagree. Do all the levels first, then go back for the challenges that look fun. Maybe do a few challenges before moving on but don't try to complete everything. Otherwise you will play Paris 500 times and then get bored with the game and never see the rest. (Believe me.)

I'm not sure I like how you can complete "challenges" without finishing the run. I find myself creating a base save and just load from that to attempt the different challenges.
This is a good thing, it goes along with the whole ethos of "play your way" that lets us turn off all the insulting UI helpers. What worked for me was ... simply not doing that. I felt bad if I did a bunch of challenges on one save, so I stopped doing it. Not a great solution and the game does encourage poor impulse control ... but I'd rather have this than not have all the UI options, you know?

Last edited:

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Brand new content (not Season 2) announcement at October 24th: https://www.ioi.dk/hitman-october-content-schedule/

OctoberContentSchedule-1024x576.jpg

HITMAN – October Content Schedule

This is your October Content Schedule for HITMAN – and this month is going to be a very exciting one… read on!

Let’s start with all of the live content that’s on the horizon: We’ve got Featured Contracts, a Challenge Pack and a new batch of Curated Contracts.

Arriving October 13th

10 new Featured Contracts
You create Contracts and we feature the interesting, clever or creative ones. There is no perfect formula to explain how we select the contracts, but they have caught our attention for one reason or another. Got something you think is worth featuring? Join the conversation on Hitman Forum.

Master Scarecrow Challenge Pack
Colorado is the only location yet to have an added Challenge Pack. That ends this month with the release of The Master Scarecrow Challenge Pack. Look forward to 5 new challenges, each with a high amount of location mastery; a great way to top out your mastery and collect any remaining unlocks. Completing all of the challenges will unlock a new item for 47 to use in all locations. We’ll reveal more about this Challenge Pack and the new item next week.

Arriving Later in October

Our next batch of 10 player-curated Featured Contracts arrives later in the month. These contracts function in the same way to the Featured Contracts that you’ve come to know and love in the game, with one big twist: one of our players will curate the list.

The third curator to be in the spotlight is Hatch. He’s a British speedrunner who plays on PS4 in search of unique routes on fun contracts. You’ll get to know him even better later in the month when his curated contracts go live in the game and we publish a blog post right here with some insights into his choices.

Looking Ahead: Save The Date!

Mark this date on your calendars: October 24th. That’s the date when we will reveal brand new content for the game.

We’re going to let the announcement itself do all the talking, but there is one thing we want to clarify before then; this upcoming content is not “Season 2”. We’re saying that now to keep expectations in check.

So, save the date, let’s hope it doesn’t leak and we’ll see you there!

/ Travis

October_24-749x1024.png

AwesomeButton

Patron
I'm really only interested in new maps by now, even though I haven't learned everything about the Season 1 maps, I have reached "Professional" level in all of them and I'm not really keen on sperging with contracts.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
GOTY Edition, a brand new "Patient Zero" campaign (set in re-worked original maps), new items, new contracts, big free update, and Elusive Target re-activation announced: https://www.ioi.dk/hitman-goty-edition-announcement/

HITMAN – GOTY Edition Announcement

We are super excited to announce HITMAN – Game of the Year Edition!

This awesome package includes The Complete First Season, the brand new ‘Patient Zero’ campaign, new Escalation Contracts, new weapons, new suits, new challenges, improvements to existing features and new lighting enhancements to all locations that make the game look better than ever – plus we have a few more surprises!

This is our first new content release since becoming an independent studio and we had an absolute blast putting it together for you. We hope you enjoy playing it as much as we did making it – get ready to have your multi-coloured socks blown right off!

HITMAN – Game of the Year Edition will be released digitally on November 7th 2017 for PS4, Xbox One and PC!
Here’s a full rundown of what’s included:

• HITMAN The Complete First Season
  • New: ‘Patient Zero’ Campaign
  • New: Clown Suit and themed weapon
  • New: Raven Suit and themed weapon
  • New: Cowboy Suit and themed weapon
  • New: 3 themed Escalation Contracts
The Complete First Season
This is everything that we created for HITMAN Season One. All seven locations, all bonus missions, all of the Challenge Packs, Escalation Contracts, Featured Contracts and more than 700 challenges! We’re talking more than 100 hours of gameplay and a game that we’re continuing to improve. See below for more of that.

New: Patient Zero Campaign
After the routine elimination of a target, a contingency plan to unleash a global pandemic is triggered and Agent 47 must race against the clock to prevent a virus from spreading. This four-mission campaign spans different locations in the game, each one re-worked from the original settings with new gameplay opportunities, disguises, characters, challenges, gameplay mechanics, AI behaviour and HUD elements. Bangkok, Sapienza, Colorado and Hokkaido look and feel completely different with a new time of day and new custom music created by the composer for Season One, Niels Bye Nielsen.

Patient_Zero_YouTube_Thumbnail_1280x720-1024x576.png

New: Clown Suit and ‘A New Bat’
Corky the Clown is back! This fan-favourite from Blood Money returns in HITMAN and his red wig, colourful socks and giant shoes look better than ever! Not only does the clown suit look great, but it’s the only way to carry his signature weapon without attracting attention. ‘A New Bat’ will trigger custom sound and visual effects every time it is used.

New: Raven Suit and ‘Sieger 300 Ghost’
Where tactical meets practical and stylish, you’ll find the Raven Suit. This is the perfect choice for Agent 47’s sniper operations. The Raven Suit is black and charcoal with the finest gloves and pockets for every tool. The Sieger 300 Ghost is a unique ICA variant of the Sieger 300 and the all-black rifle perfectly matches the Raven Suit for high-precision, high-damage long-range engagements. It’s got a supressor, an extended scope with four levels of zoom and the Marksman perk, which allows you to improve your aim and slow time.

New: Cowboy Suit and ‘The Striker’
The Cowboy suit is steel blue on patriotic white and comes complete with a beautiful set of albino alligator boots, sunglasses and a cowboy hat as pure as Colorado snow. Naturally, the belt buckle is the size of your fist. Accompanying this suit is The Striker; a magnum pistol that packs one hell of a punch. Not only does it have increased damage at all ranges, it also knocks back targets and has piercing rounds.

HITMAN_GOTY-Suit-Bundle_SuperHeroArt_1920x1080-1024x576.png

New: Themed Escalation Contracts
There’s more! We’ve created a new Escalation Contract for each new weapon/suit combination. You’ll be dressing in each new suit and using each new weapon as you complete Escalation Contracts with some brand new complications based on some new gameplay mechanics. We’ve themed these new features with each suit to make for some unique experiences.

Each Escalation comes with a new starting location unique to that Contract and all of the Escalations are made up of 3-stages, so expect the challenge to ramp up quickly- one of the Escalations reaches 7 targets, something we’ve never done before in this game. Completing each Escalation Contract will unlock the corresponding weapon to be used in all locations across the entire game, which means that Clown Only, Striker Only runs are now possible and we can’t wait to see them!

ThemedEscalations.png

Here’s how to get your hands on the GOTY Edition

HITMAN – Game of the Year Edition will be available digitally on November 7th 2017 for PS4, Xbox One and PC.

New Players: HITMAN – GOTY Edition will be available digitally for $60. That includes The Complete First Season plus all of our new GOTY content.

Existing Players: If you already own The Complete First Season, either digitally or on disc, the ‘GOTY Upgrade’ includes all of the new GOTY content and will be available digitally for $20.
(The $20 GOTY Upgrade is also available to anyone who purchased all episodes individually or previously purchased the Intro Pack/Upgrade Pack combination.)

We’ll let you know when the GOTY Edition and GOTY Upgrade are available on PSN, Xbox Live and Steam so that you can get the exact pricing for your region.

Free Game Update/Patch for all players

So, on November 7th we will release the GOTY Edition, which we’ve outlined above – but there’s a whole lot more coming!
Anyone who owns HITMAN will also get a game update on November 7th. We will share the full details of the game update soon, but here’s some of the highlights ahead of time:

– A redesigned UI with a new colour scheme and visual style
A fresh new look across the board and re-organised menus to make it easier to find what you’re looking for.

– New Contracts Mode features
‘Trending’ helps you find the most popular contracts, making sure you can easily find a new challenge. We’re also adding and 10 ‘Conditions’ that will add huge depth to Contracts Mode, such as restricting disguise changes or requiring players to use a specific exit. Anyone who creates a contract will be able to toggle these conditions to set a more defined challenge for their contract.

– Major lighting improvements to all missions
New colour grading, readjusted HDR adaptation rules and re-designed skyboxes mean that our locations look more vivid, vibrant and lifelike.

– Commemorative Elusive Target Unlock
If you played any of the Elusive Targets we released during Season One, we’re giving you an in-game coin to commemorate your progress and thank you for your support.

– Xbox One X Enhancements
A whole host of enhancements are on the way for Xbox One X owners, including options for native 4K and a higher framerate. Specific details to come in a Xbox-specific blog post.

– Tobii Eye Tracking support for PC
Enhance your killer instincts with Dynamic Light Adaptation, Extended View and a new special feature added specifically for HITMAN. Find more details here.

– Various fixes and improvements
Full release notes will be published closer to 7 November. That should be enough time to start thinking about your default loadout for each location…

Oh, and one more thing…

– Elusive Target Re-activation
Starting in November, we will re-activate Elusive Targets. If you missed any Elusive Targets the first time around, or if you are new to HITMAN, this is your chance to experience these intense time-limited targets. All of the suit unlocks are back in play for both new and existing players to complete their collection. If you’ve already completed or failed an Elusive Target, you won’t be able to play that specific contract again; your record for that contract will stand and cannot be altered. Re-activated ET’s will still be time-limited and the first one will be re-activated shortly after the release of our Game of the Year Edition on November 7th.

Wow. That’s all of our GOTY Edition content and a look ahead to the free game update. We are incredibly excited to see our players get their hands on all of this and start having fun with it. More than ever before, we’ve focused on creating something that’s fun to play and talk about afterwards. Thanks for your continued support this year!

/Travis

Educated
Are there any plans to remove always online bullshit in GOTY version? I tried its demo, the game seems nice but even in the demo I had connection problems. I don't think I'll buy this if always online stays

flyingjohn

Arcane
Wasn't the always online already phased out? I seem to remember a big architectural change.
You can play offline but to unlock anything useful ,you need to unlock it online.
So if somebody buys the game a couple years from now on and the servers are dead,he has only access to half the features.

Astral Rag

Arcane
No first-person view and no local languages are mine.

Another much more minor thing that still makes my eyes roll in their sockets is IO's censoring of classical artworks. In an 18 Rated game no less.

edit: Peruse page 26 of this thread for an example of IO's prudishness.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom