Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

HOMM 2 vs HOMM 3

Which do you prefer?

• Total voters

Naraya

Arcane
Orzie, BTW - don't you dare to give up on TSW. Take your time, we will wait! :salute:

Orzie

Arbiter
No one is giving up, although it's much harder to maintain the inspiration and manage your free time in favor or modding when you're 5 years older and have a lot of other activities.

And although I was asked not to flood the thread with the modding stuff, I s'pose I can do it one last time. Here's a rough view of Heroes 2 being Heroes 3. :D:shitposting:

8ekJW37.png

Citizen

HoMM II for campaign and beautiful art. HoMM III to gather some friends on a weekend night and start a crazy 4 players L-map fullrandom deathmatch.

Endemic

Arcane
I'm guessing that crossbowman has much higher stats than the ranger?

luinthoron

Learned
Having played both of these even more for the multiplayer with my brother and friends than the single player game, I never quite got over how HOMM3 somehow managed to be unable to save player names in a multiplayer game when 2 had no such problems.

Orzie

Arbiter
As promised, here is the official thread of the project that is gonna might change your opinion on the matter of this thread.
Those showing interest in my upper posts are welcome there.
Brand new official trailer inside!
http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/inde...ght-and-magic-iii-the-succession-wars.121778/

And to balance the odds and somehow stay on topic, here is a special screenshot. Imagine Heroes 2 being done nowadays as a some kind of indie game. :)

JzDmAYX.png

I've no fucking idea why Ubisoft hasn't made a Heroes of Might & Magic in their UbiArt Framework engine yet. At the same time they were making terrible looking 3D games that weren't really being covered by any of the major video game sites, they were also doing stuff like Child of Light, Valiant Hearts, and those last gen Rayman games that were getting all kinds of coverage based purely on how they looked. You'd think someone over their would have been like: Hey, maybe we shouldn't be doing these ostensibly 2D games in 3D anymore.

That Heroes of Might and Magic 3: The Succession Wars thing looks nice, remember coming across it on a Heroes of Might and Magic board last year. As someone that likes the aesthetic and sprite work of 2 far more than scanned 3D models of 3, it currently had my interest. Good stuff. If I had the power to fist you I would.

Jvegi

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
This looks like something I'll be masturbating to.

As for the II vs III issue, I'm afraid there is no going around the fact that II is just not as diverse as its succesor. Towns are samey builds wise, and there is just less to do on the map. It looks and sounds fantastic, but it's difficult to seriously go back to.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom