Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number

Lios

Cipher
Finished this motherfucker 2 weeks ago on normal.
I already re-started it on NORMAL AGAIN.
Even a manly man must know when to submit to a more powerful entity, this is why he is a manly man.
Stages such as the prison or that jungle level were awesome, only because I would play till my lungs were filled with descriptions about Holy Mary's genitals, ragequit, start playing again first chance I got, etc etc.
And it's not like I got many As. Or Bs that is.

of course it surpasses HM1 in every possible way for me (yes even the soundtrack is hornier which is a feat by itself)
russian scarface comrade's levels were hedonic, even the stupid ending was awesomely done.
And the creators of the game are Swedish, or am I wrong? wow.

F4AEE1BF5A17435AA083C209A0E6564D33D25922
that was the best thing I saw on the internet for a while now.
I salute you dear sir.

Lios

Cipher
A talented modder from inside here with good taste,
should play with HM2's editor when it comes out, and turn the whole Garth Ennis Punisher MAX run into levels.
Then another talented young lad from inside here who knows his music craft,
should compliment this effort by adding hardcore synth electronica or better industrial Coil-like on top of it

Instant win, and glory for the codex

Silva

Arcane
Just restarted (in normal again) for making more sense of the story and, man, those new masks and gear are stupidly fun.

Whoever came up with the fatty kung fu dude on nunchuks deserves the oscar of videogame industry.

Ovg

Cipher
Ok, so it's a Polish-Ukrainian made knockoff to make russians look bad. And you thought games were far away from politics.

Melan

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! I helped put crap in Monomyth
Here are some news about the editor. No big surprises, some WIP stuff and some WTF limitations, like restrictions on using custom music because "this would be too problematic due to the likeliness of copyright infringements". It is sad to see modscenes getting slowly strangled by the IP/copyright police. :argh:

Anyway, "mods will fix it", god bless hackers and piracy. :hug:

jagged-jimmy

Prophet
Codex 2012
Finished this a couple days ago and found it awesome.

Went to try the first game and found it a piece of shit.
Interesting, i had a feeling it was other way around for everyone. Reading all the reviews, etc... Glad it's not bad after all, gonna buy soon.

garren

Arcane
Patron
Here are some news about the editor. No big surprises, some WIP stuff and some WTF limitations, like restrictions on using custom music because "this would be too problematic due to the likeliness of copyright infringements". It is sad to see modscenes getting slowly strangled by the IP/copyright police. :argh:
dafuq? Why would dennaton be responsible if some modder adds copyrighted music to a level? That's the modders fault, not theirs. Allowing custom music should be perfectly fine.

Vibalist

Arcane
I guess they're responsible if they even as much as allow it, according to some rule or other.

Silva

Arcane
Finished this a couple days ago and found it awesome.

Went to try the first game and found it a piece of shit.
Interesting, i had a feeling it was other way around for everyone. Reading all the reviews, etc... Glad it's not bad after all, gonna buy soon.
Actually I went and replayed both again and now I like the two games in equal measure. It's interesting to see how different they are in the end, even if the gameplay basics are the same. The first is minimalistic but very visceral, while the second is more elaborated in its plot but ends up being a more paced experience.

By the way, I have a question:

Is the friendly guy that Jacket sees at bars and stores in the first game really Beard ? It looks like him, but didn't he die by the first nuke ? That leads me to believe that Jacket actually projects Beard image on various different people, but none of those are actually his friend.

Jick Magger

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria
By the way, I have a question:

Is the friendly guy that Jacket sees at bars and stores in the first game really Beard ? It looks like him, but didn't he die by the first nuke ? That leads me to believe that Jacket actually projects Beard image on various different people, but none of those are actually his friend.
It's like what I posted earlier in the thread:
All of the game up to Jacket waking up in the hospital is just his coma-dream of events that actually took place. It's why 'Beard' offer condolences over Jacket losing his girlfriend in his first conversation with Jacket: that's the most recent memory Jacket has at that point. HM2 also suggests that the reason Jacket started doing what he was doing both out of guilt for not repaying Beard for saving him and out of hatred of the Russians for killing him, so it makes sense for Jacket to see him in his coma dream.

Silva

Arcane
Jick Magger , are you sure ? I thought..

..that the events were for real up to the Phonehom job where you are spanked by the Biker. Then, from then on, youre indeed allucinating/dreaming in the hospital and remembering everything in a surreal way. That would explain why the surrealism only starts at that point.

What makes you think the game is a dream since the very beginning ? :? Also, the girlfriend the guy talks about could be a real girlfriend that you had, since your room has 2 beds from the beggining.

Another possibility is that you never dates that blonde girl in the first place, and all that story is made up by your fucked mind as you are in the hospital - notice that its only after Bike spanks you (and surrealism commences) that the girl goes from being a mere friendly living sleeping in the sofa, to being an actual lover sleeping in your room.

Jick Magger

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria
Jick Magger , are you sure ? I thought..

..that the events were for real up to the Phonehom job where you are spanked by the Biker. Then, from then on, youre indeed allucinating/dreaming in the hospital and remembering everything in a surreal way. That would explain why the surrealism only starts at that point.

What makes you think the game is a dream since the very beginning ? :? Also, the girlfriend the guy talks about could be a real girlfriend that you had, since your room has 2 beds from the beggining.

Another possibility is that you never dates that blonde girl in the first place, and all that story is made up by your fucked mind as you are in the hospital - notice that its only after Bike spanks you (and surrealism commences) that the girl goes from being a mere friendly living sleeping in the sofa, to being an actual lover sleeping in your room.

Because Jacket stops hallucinating after he wakes up from the coma. He sees the trio once more, but that's excusable since everyone in the next game sees Richter, even characters who're arguably sane. His visions getting more lucid and surreal can just be explained by him becoming more aware that none of what he's seeing is actually real as he draws closer and closer to the event that actually put him in the hospital to begin with. It also explains why he misremembers his fight with The Biker. From what we see of The Biker in Hotline Miami 2, the ending where he finds out the truth of the calls isn't canon (seeing as he never mentions any of it to The Writer), and he has a large scar on his face, presumably where Jacket hit him. He only 'kills' him in his dream because he presumably regrets letting him go after another Masked man would later go on to kill his 'girlfriend'. He might've had a girlfriend before, sure, but I don't really see an additional bed as good enough evidence of that, and the other theory is just as applicable to mine (RE: hallucinations becoming more intense as he begins to become aware he's dreaming).

Melan

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! I helped put crap in Monomyth
I have been playing this again on Hard difficulty, but my question is more general. When you are playing the fans, is there any use for Corey? Her roll dodge doesn't seem to do anything really extraordinary, and compared to the other fans, she seems ridiculously underpowered. Is there something I am missing? Maybe she is secretly a murder machine, but I have no idea how to make her useful.

Vibalist

Arcane
The general consensus seems to be that she's merely useless. That viewpoint could be false, but I haven't really come across anyone who disagreed.

Also, why in the fuck did they name a woman Corey? :|

skacky

3D Realms
Developer
Corey is really cool once you master her roll ability, but as far as the Fans go, Alex & Ash are my favorite by far. You can hold the action key so she rolls further away too, which is pretty much required in Death Wish.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom