Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number

Silva

Arcane
Corey is really cool once you master her roll ability, but as far as the Fans go, Alex & Ash are my favorite by far. You can hold the action key so she rolls further away too, which is pretty much required in Death Wish.
Have you tried the fatty dude (Jake ?) with the last mask ? Its hillarious and awesome, as he turns into a Bruce Lee cover with nunchuks and all (he gets very powerful btw).

skacky

3D Realms
Developer
Yeah, I really only play Jake with this mask (Dallas). All of my best Jake high scores are with that mask.

Melan

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! I helped put crap in Monomyth
Jake is great, a kung-fu master and a real codexian. I typically use his nailgun mask, though; it is not great for high scores, but a lot of fun to play.

Can't wait to see some decent fanmade levels; I'll probably make a few myself.

Borelli

Arcane
Just finished it for the first time, i expected more of the same and that was what i got (with more story than the first one though) but with some criticisms that are the same as others in the thread.
Too many open levels with too many gun wielding enemies. In HM1 i would rush along and melee 90% of the time while here i would hide behind a corner popping moles and baiting enemies, breaks the flow of the game too much.
Especially the jungle levels, worst part of the game easily, can somebody explain to me why are you fighting Russians in 1986 Hawaii? Is there background lore i have missed?
Also what's with the ending? Probably another hallucination. Music is sweet though, probably the one area where the sequel was equal, maybe even surpassed the original.

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
Game is still great even with months of hindsight to let the hype die down: better than the original in most ways, bar a couple of truly BS levels (the final beard level, second half of the prison).

The ending is real.

Btw - at summer games done quick, the guy speedrunning the game died like 20 times on normal mode. Good stuff. Wish someone would run hard mode at a marathon.

Also level editor when!?!?

Gulnar

Scholar
I finished this thing on hard, and let me tell one thing: Richter level - the fugitive, if we don't go by the mask name - are the worse. First Blood has you trying NOT to pick up a shotgun because if you do it doesn't have enough ammo to kill the fat russian, the second one has you dodging two colombians samurais while you run away from a fat russian AND a russian with a shotgun... and then there's the prison.

Also, Corey is shit, Tony did nothing wrong, the flamethrower is the best weapon ever and you will learn to love it.

Astral Rag

Arcane
Also level editor when!?!?

Beta releasedate!
Hey!

The testing period for the Hotline Miami 2 level editor with Testronic is over and we are very happy with the results! There were tons of bugs found and fixed so the core of the editor feels very stable now. While the cut-scene creator and campaign editor still have some nasty bugs, Jonatan and Abstraction are going to take care of them soon and get those features all smoothed out as well.

So without any further delay we're excited to announce:

THE BETA VERSION OF THE EDITOR WILL BE UP ON STEAM ON THE 10TH OF DECEMBER!

We've added some extra time just to make sure that the date won't be pushed anymore. Thursday the 10th of December is the day. More details soon!

Some important information:

1. The beta is on STEAM ONLY. The forum makes it easier to gather bugs and the automatic update makes sure everyone is playing the correct version.

2. The beta is WINDOWS ONLY for now. The editor will support Mac and Linux later on. No editor for PS3, PS4 or Vita.

3. WORKSHOP IS NOT AVAILABLE AT THE BEGINNING but will be added later. Levels can be shared locally by sending the level folders around.

4. EVERYONE CAN GET ACCESS TO THE BETA WITHOUT INVITE! So we don't need your Steam information or anything, you do this yourself when it's available. More info on how you do that on release date.

5. ALL CONTENT IS AVAILABLE FROM THE START (some minor features will be added later).

6. NO PROMISES THAT LEVELS MADE IN THE BETA WILL CARRY OVER TO THE FINAL VERSION. Things will change during the course of the beta as we fix and update the code, so no promises that levels will stay the same or survive the whole trip.

7.THE PLAN IS TO HAVE THE BETA OPEN DURING DECEMBER TILL EARLY JANUARY and then have final version out shortly after that.

8. NO CUSTOM MUSIC EDITOR. If we let people get free music when they download levels we are viewed as a illegal file sharing tool. There is also impossible to make sure that if people added a track that the artist of that track is cool with the fact that he/she/they are in HLM.

9. NO CUSTOM SPRITE EDITOR from us but other people have already created their own and they work great:)

10. The plan is to have VIDEO TUTORIALS up before the 10th (or quite soon after) but I think you will figure out most of it without our help ;)

11. NIGEL IS HANDSOME!!!

Take care // Dennis

http://dennaton.blogspot.com.au/2015/11/beta-releasedate.html

:incline:

Anthedon

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Did they put mouse acceleration into this? I don't remember the cursor being this sluggish in HM1 (VSync off, windowed mode).

Melan

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! I helped put crap in Monomyth
Simple yet engaging game formula + user-friendly editor + some frustration with HLM2's levels --> good probability of a decent mod community.

Would have been better if the editor arrived back in May, but that's how things are.

Vibalist

Arcane
How cool would it be if they remade all of HM2, but with HM1 type levels. I would be ecstatic, maaan.

Alfons

Prophet
How cool would it be if they remade all of HM2, but with HM1 type levels. I would be ecstatic, maaan.
Of FFS. Everyone thought about it and if someone is going to bother with the editor it will probably be done. That doesn't change the fact that it will be a waste of fucking time.

With all the things that can be done you want to go through the same fucking thing with slightly different powerups?
Simple yet engaging game formula + user-friendly editor + some frustration with HLM2's levels --> good probability of a decent mod community.

Would have been better if the editor arrived back in May, but that's how things are.
Is there even a community for this game?

Vibalist

Arcane
With all the things that can be done you want to go through the same fucking thing with slightly different powerups?

Slightly different power ups...? No, I want to go through the same thing with levels that are adjusted so they become similar to those in HM1, meaning they're smaller in scale. The biggest issue with HM2 was by far that levels and corridors were too big. Fix that one issue (maybe along with removing some of the enemies from the levels) and you're close to fixing the entire game. I don't care particularly about power ups.

Alfons

Prophet
I misunderstood what you said. I thought you meant recreating HM1 in the editor.

Levels in HM2 are just a big ass open boxes with a few barriers. To use an unnecessary FPS analogy, HM1 level design is more like Doom whereas HM2 is like COD. It would take a lot more than downsizing to unshit them, at which point you are making completely new levels.

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
I misunderstood what you said. I thought you meant recreating HM1 in the editor.

Levels in HM2 are just a big ass open boxes with a few barriers. To use an unnecessary FPS analogy, HM1 level design is more like Doom whereas HM2 is like COD. It would take a lot more than downsizing to unshit them, at which point you are making completely new levels.

Sexbad? brofists this

AN4RCHID

Arcane
What a terrible analogy. HM1 had bar none the worst levels in either game (hospital), as well as the more poorly designed "boss fights". HM2 had more variety, some of which was not as good as the core game, but which still helped the overall pacing. Anyway, the Pardo levels, Russian mob levels, and fans levels were as good as anything in the original.

sexbad?

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014

Sexbad? brofists this
:nocountryforshitposters:

Phage

Arcane
Manlet

Sexbad? brofists this
:nocountryforshitposters:

He's aimlessly bashing HM2 while drawing nonsensical parallels! That's your jam man! Can't not fist it just because the Great Prophet Phage struck again :cool:

Alfons

Prophet
:roll:
And again the same motherfuckers climb out of the woodworks to defend this shit.

HM1 had the worst levels or the worst level? The hospital was a piece of shit because it was a boring game of hide and wait. In HM2 pretty much every level is that only with guns.

HM1 levels are consistently more intricate for the same amount of space whereas in HM2 It's an open box with a couple of barriers sprinkled in between and a horde of enemies, promoting players to pop moles rather than rush and kill.
He's aimlessly bashing HM2 while drawing nonsensical parallels! That's your jam man! Can't not fist it just because the Great Prophet Phage struck again :cool:
:lol:
I would say that was sarcasm, but no matter where you post you always end up sucking your own dick. You go girl!

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
:roll:
And again the same motherfuckers climb out of the woodworks to defend this shit.

HM1 had the worst levels or the worst level? The hospital was a piece of shit because it was a boring game of hide and wait. In HM2 pretty much every level is that only with guns.

HM1 levels are consistently more intricate for the same amount of space whereas in HM2 It's an open box with a couple of barriers sprinkled in between and a horde of enemies, promoting players to pop moles rather than rush and kill.
:lol:
I would say that was sarcasm, but no matter where you post you always end up sucking your own dick. You go girl!

There it is! The Sexbad? brofist of shame!

You guys are like a dynamic duo of FEELINGS. Should start a video series or something :D

AN4RCHID

Arcane
The hospital was a piece of shit because it was a boring game of hide and wait. In HM2 pretty much every level is that only with guns.
:eek: ...what?? it can't be "that only with guns". the whole point with the hospital is that there's no way to fight back.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom