Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Hotline Miami or I am in awe.

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
Looks like a puzzle game met a murderous psychopath on meth. Strong hints of Drive, Dreamweb and Hitman are present with what appears to be 80's arcade difficulty. Not to mention I really do love those retro graphics. Yup, I am now officially Very Much Interested into this one.

http://hotlinemiami.com/

http://hotlinemiami.com/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1eagB7gAqs8

Linden

Arcane
The combat reminds me of Tapan Kaikki. Ah, memories.

They should do away with the huge flashing POINTS thing, though.

Peter

Arcane
Looks interesting. Curious to see how far they take the stealth aspects of it, since right now it really does look like a kind of top-down Hitman.

I expected a real game and instead I got some banal shit indie-junk. I'm disappoint.

Says the person with the shittiest taste in video games on these forums.

sgc_meltdown

Arcane
Looks like if they made a good old school pulpweird action adventure game out of expanded GTA 1/2 combat

not really a fan of the shifting colors in the background and shit though, yes I get it your game is off-kilter

Wyrmlord

Arcane
Looks like if they made a good old school pulpweird action adventure game out of expanded GTA 1/2 combat

not really a fan of the shifting colors in the background and shit though, yes I get it your game is off-kilter
Really? I am not sure if GTA 1/2 are what come to my mind.

It looks a lot more like Dreamweb to me. You know, the top-down, cyberpunk game with strong brutal violence and a hero that sadistically kills innocent people without remorse (because voices in his head tell him to do so). Seeing how the trailer also shows a man forcefully entering rooms of unsuspecting people and brutally killing them in top-down perspective, I almost thought it was a homage to Dreamweb itself.

I still remember that moment when the hero of Dreamweb finds a rockstar and a woman having sex. He kills the guards, surprises the two in the middle of their business, and tears both of them apart with his gun. Afterwards, he hallucinates and sees an orb rip out of the rockstar's body. Very strange game.

Destroid

Arcane
29p3mfr.gif

Major_Blackhart

Codexia Lord Sodom
Patron
Dreamweb sounds like it's a trippy nightmare of hellish macabre hallucinations and an ultraviolent reality thrown together.
Soundtrack gives me that impression anyway.

Luzur

Good Sir
Dreamweb is a fantastic trip, too bad it's "unfinished", it's like the game was being developed and then someone ringed the studio and demanded it to be finished in 5 days. Up until certain point, everything's perfect. From said point to the end it's the embodiment of a zerg rush.

Still worth the time, it's not even a lengthy game.

It's also one of the very few games I've ever seen that gives a strong sense of "shit, I just killed a man" to the player, you really feel the weight of being a loose psychopath with a gun and a bunch of hallucinations.

i remember it as very buggy, i think it was in the Hotel where there was a big chance it could hang on you, atleast it did for me a couple of times.

also this reminds me i gotta get my hands on a copy.

Marobug

Wasn't he making that monaco game or whatever it was called ? Looked pretty cool, I hope he didn't give it up.

Peter

Arcane
Wasn't he making that monaco game or whatever it was called ? Looked pretty cool, I hope he didn't give it up.

That's someone else.

Also, I agree, Monaco looks like nice, silly fun.

Whisky

The Solution
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera
This looks pretty cool. Although it at first screamed, "Generic indy-game," the gameplay (And by that I mean, it looks like there's fast, fun gameplay as opposed to slow platforming with intermissions for pretentious prose) more than makes up for that.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom