Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

How come no one but the people of the Codex

typical user

Arbiter
Fallout 3 is still shit in my book. I don't know what is good about this game. Maybe computers which look like taken from Fo1, Fo2? Maybe BoS outcasts which existed to please old fans but they didn't have much "screentime" in main quest? Or minefield with a deranged sniper taking potshots at those explosives? Not much to save it from being badly designed.

Self-Ejected

IncendiaryDevice

Self-Ejected
Village Idiot
but heaven forbid somebody praise DA:O

I'm not sure where you get this idea. DA:O doesn't generate hate afaik, more a case of meh with regards the opinions of the negativity towards it. Also, I was taking the piss out of DA:O on other forums before I even arrived at the codex... but I didn't hate it. That came with DA2. And if you think DA2 is some kind of peer pressure thing then you're just insane.

Anyway, I'll let you get back to baiting Darth Roxor

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
DA:O was a mechanically decent game with an okay story that was dragged down by the worst encounter design in history.

Oh hey a dungeon!

Oh hey it has like 100 rooms and in each room the exact same filler encounter is copypasted!

FUN!

Quality thread, top kek.

RPG discussion on the Codex became a joke when peer pressure from the "hardcore" people actually started to have an effect on people, ie: Alpha Protocol is kosher, we can discuss it because it's Obsidian, but heaven forbid somebody praise DA:O, a much more superior game to Alpha Protocol - because Bioware made it and everybody knows that they are popamole consoletards.

Another hilarious display of hypocrisy was witnessing the FO3 hate-machine which had been going on for over a year come to a grinding halt once the crazed masses realized it wasn't such a bad game - of course it only took most Codexers a couple of months to finally admit this.

And the cycle never ends...
Dafuck you talking about you nog

FO3 is a abomination and sucks immense cocks.

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk

Rev

Arcane
Another hilarious display of hypocrisy was witnessing the FO3 hate-machine which had been going on for over a year come to a grinding halt once the crazed masses realized it wasn't such a bad game - of course it only took most Codexers a couple of months to finally admit this.
Lolwut? Fallout 3 is one of the shittiest game I've ever played, with terrible gameplay, an awful engine, a retarded plot, factions and characters that act like they're in a standard fantasy games with the equivalent of paladins and orcs (raping the lore of Fallout), and probably the worst writing I've experienced in a game, with gems like the Three Dog intelligence check and Moira Brown that becomes a ghoul after you destroy her town and then forgives you if you promise not to do such a bad thing ever again. If you go to middle school and pick up the most stupid boys or girls in the class they would probably come up with less retarded dialogues and stories.

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
Oblivion with Guns is the worst RPG ever made and represents an abyssal decline: Fallout 2 -> Oblivion with Guns.

It's worse than Lionheart: Legacy of the Crusader. It's worse than Pool of Radiance: Ruins of Myth Drannor. It's worse even than Torment: Tides of Numenera.

Doktor Best

Arcane
Quality thread, top kek.

RPG discussion on the Codex became a joke when peer pressure from the "hardcore" people actually started to have an effect on people, ie: Alpha Protocol is kosher, we can discuss it because it's Obsidian, but heaven forbid somebody praise DA:O, a much more superior game to Alpha Protocol - because Bioware made it and everybody knows that they are popamole consoletards.

Are you the reason this "sup drog" running joke exists?

Gesendet von meinem ALE-L21 mit Tapatalk

Bruma Hobo

Lurker
Quality thread, top kek.

What an interesting thing to say after all the PoE bashing, a well regarded game outside the codex. Hasn't it ever occurred to you that perhaps the codex dislikes combat-heavy RTwP games, and would rather play unpolished dialogue and C&C heavy popamole instead?

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Too bad such epic necromancy isn't used in games. It's interesting how a thread from 6 years ago is still relevant today. Why the Masses (tm) can't understand why something is shit is a thing I ponder a lot. Saying "they are just stupid and uncultured" is true to an extent, but it reduces the complexity of the problem. It doesn't answer the question of why they like this particular thing instead of another, especially now that Bioware churns out focus group tested abortions which should be regarded well but aren't. Is it only technical issues or they see problems with gameplay or the artistic aspects? It's a mystery.

Or maybe we are deviant minds who just can't fathom the brilliance. I actually had a discussion regarding this with a colleague of mine, in the current climate of "serious" art can we even recognize what is good and what isn't? Are we too busy recycling the past to recognize current greatness? Modern AAA games obviously aren't "the greatness", but I meant in general.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
lol Drog is still severely butthurt about the Bethesda hate. Sorry bro, shit company is shit and will be forever shit and Bethesdards are the lowest of the lowest scum of earth.

Tom Selleck

Arcane
n8umjWj.png

gestalt11

Arbiter
So ...... do I lack the virulent hatred for FO 3 and 4 that some seem to have because I don't consider them actual RPGs and my panties don't really get in a wad or is there something more to this?

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
Quality thread, top kek.

http://www.irontowerstudio.com/forum/index.php?topic=2366.30

Cloaked Figure said:
RPG discussion on the Codex became a joke when peer pressure from the "hardcore" people actually started to have an effect on people, ie: Alpha Protocol is kosher, we can discuss it because it's Obsidian, but heaven forbid somebody praise DA:O, a much more superior game to Alpha Protocol - because Bioware made it and everybody knows that they are popamole console-tards.
wallbang.gif

I'd rather post in GD where people are at least honest, RPG discussion is full of posturing immature liars who wouldn't tell the truth if their life depended on it.

What the fuck is happening here?

Sykar

Arcane
Shannow said:
Has the "McDonalds must make the best food because the masses love it" argument come yet? I always like that one best.

I see your point, but I'm kind of interested in hearing what you'd use as an argument against it. If McDonald's is what the people want, why isn't it, on some level, the best food then?

Because McDonalds is demonstrably cheap and bad food, literally? Also the vast majority of people on Earth believe in some supernatural power governing their lives and subjugate them under the rule of the corresponding church/institution and firmly believing it is for the better, am I supposed to take those ancient desert nomad/goat herders/etc. myths seriously and are of any real value just because the vast majoirty does so?

Sykar

Arcane
why do gaytheist turn every discussion to God? What is wrong with them?

This is the very first time I even mentioned anything religious related in a thread on the General RPG discussion forum. Also I did not turn this into a discussion about "god" because I never even mentioned "god. I was talking about what people believe to be good despite facts to the contrary and used the most common example wold wide.
Learn to read and comprehend before you write retarded posts, dipshit.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
understand how shitty Bioware and Bethesda games are? How come the rest of the world are all in agreement that their games are awesome?

Could it be that we're the real idiots, not them?

:o
Easy. Because most of their games are not shitty, it's just that the Codex developed a mentally retarded way of looking at games. Actually their only really shitty games are:
Dragon Age Inquisition
Mass Effect 3 and Andromeda
Fallout 4

Dragon Age 2 and Fallout 3 are meh.

The others are pretty good games if you are into those types of games.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom