Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

how do you make Stalker: Call of pripyat not stutter so much?

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
It's annoying me and giving me motion sickness.

First i got some HD texture mod, played it snd it stuttee like crazy. I thoughg it was a mod so i did a clean vanilla reinstall, still stutter like epileptic kid.

Brought the setting down go the lowest setting, it still fucking stutter every several steps or so, even moreso when i run.

Specs:

Windows 10 latest build
i5 4670k
Gtx 1080
8 Gb ram
Steam version

For me, installing on SSD was the only thing that helped. It still stutters though, just less. It's a piece of shit engine. Switching to DX9 might lower stuttering a bit more as well, and it makes loading much faster.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
For me, installing on SSD was the only thing that helped. It still stutters though, just less. It's a piece of shit engine. Switching to DX9 might lower stuttering a bit more as well, and it makes loading much faster.
aw jeez. I will try changing the DX, but will give uo if that doesnt work.

Shame because i remember shadow of chernobyl ran perfectly on my old gtx 760

Raapys

Arcane
Try lowering the switch_distance value in gamedata/configs/alife.ltx.

It's the distance at which AI actors are are simulated in the game world(instead of just in memory). I think the stuttering comes from loading them up on the fly. Also from texture loading, but not much you can do about that sadly.

DraQ

Arcane
Make sure it can find all the resources first.
If unable to find some resource it generally doesn't crash (unlike most games) but will attempt to load it again, repeatedly, causing massive stutter.

Self-Ejected

Barnabas

Self-Ejected
Patron
Shitposter
Same problem, what hd mod did you use. I'm using atmosfear and real nature

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom