Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

How many hours did you clock in on Skyrim?

How many hours did you clock in on Skyrim?

• 100 hours (just played it a few times)

Votes: 27 31.4%
  • 200-400 hours (average RPG gamer)

Votes: 34 39.5%
  • 400-600 hours (it's a fun game, great mods)

Votes: 4 4.7%
  • 600-800 hours (I'm a TES fan, what can I say)

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • 800-1000 hours (true Codexer, I'm a hardcore RPG player, suck it)

Votes: 19 22.1%

• Total voters
Self-Ejected

Drog Black Tooth

Self-Ejected
What does your Steam account say?

Self-Ejected

Barnabas

Self-Ejected
Patron
Shitposter
My steam account says 12 hours, but I put quite a bit of time into it on the Xbox 360. I was obsessed with Oblivion and Morrowind, but I got bored with Skyrim so fast. I don't know why, maybe its the same format that I burned out on or maybe Skyrim was just boring for me. I didn't mind the Thieves and DB guilds but thats it.

Ash

Arcane
30 hours looking for incline where there was none to be found, about 20% of the time I spent playing Morrowind and New Vegas. Pile of dumbed down garbage. Assrim was the last Bethestard game I ever bought.

Somberlain

Arcane
Zionist Agent
1000+ hours. I always purify my soul with the awesomeness that is Skyrim after playing shit like Arcanum and getting bored to tears. It just works.

FUS RO DAH, BITCH

AW8

Arcane
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
1000+ hours. One of the most hilarious games I've ever played.

PQhKA6y.jpg

Kalon

Scholar
16 hours, and last I played was about one month ago. It's still more than Oblivion though, because exploration is better once I disable the quest compass. But I decided to stay away from questlines after I saw just how bad the writing of the Companions questline was. Apparently you have no choice but to nod and carry on after discovering that your buddies are werewolves. Because, you know, werewolves are just kewl.

Ranarama

Learned
Looks like just over 100 hours, but I restarted after finding a few quests were buggy. I don't care about being grognardy. If I did I'd have fuck all to actually play. Gets boring playing it normally really quick though.

Best way to play was completely non-violently. Got the idea after watching speedruns. Made the game actually fun. It's a shame game stats count using illusion to kill things as kills. Ended up becoming archmage and winning main quest with 0 kills, abusing a broken companion to do so.

130 hours. Most of it with a stealth archer character, and I finished the main quest with it. That was before all the DLC's. After that played around with pure mage or pure fighter builds, but couldn't be bothered to do a full playthrough.

What I remember from the game is:

Blackreach was pretty
Dragons were just as annoying as cliff racers
Most fun I had was picking off falmer one by one in the huge dungeons
Melee/magic combat was utter crap, that's why I went with an archer
Dark brotherhood quest line was good

But I completely forgot by now what happens in any of the other quest lines, including the main one.

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
I didn't vote because my hours are no more than 20. I played it for a few hours at release until I finally admitted it was one of the worst pieces of shit I had ever played. Then I waited about 4 years and modded the hell out of it and played it for another dozen or so hours, until I finally admitted that no amount of modding could save it.

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
I believe my first playthrough was of around 350 hours.

Then came another playthrough, let's suppose 200 hours.

Then my Requiem playthrough, another 150 hours.

Let's say I played 800-1000 hours of Skyrim. If I had experienced Morrowind before Skyrim, I would have given up on the intro.

Bumvelcrow

Somewhat interesting
Patron
Dumbfuck
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Strap Yourselves In
A couple of hundred hours across a two or three playthroughs with various sets of mods. Never finished it - always completely lose interest around the time of the Imperial/Stormcloak dinner party on top of Firetop mountain, or whatever it's called.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom