Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

How many hours did you clock in on Skyrim?

How many hours did you clock in on Skyrim?

• 100 hours (just played it a few times)

Votes: 27 31.4%
  • 200-400 hours (average RPG gamer)

Votes: 34 39.5%
  • 400-600 hours (it's a fun game, great mods)

Votes: 4 4.7%
  • 600-800 hours (I'm a TES fan, what can I say)

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • 800-1000 hours (true Codexer, I'm a hardcore RPG player, suck it)

Votes: 19 22.1%

• Total voters

Dawkinsfan69

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Bethestard
280 miserable, wasted hours.

No where near the 1300 hours I've spent in DOTA 2 though..

I could have learned coding and sold $1 apps for millions of dollars, grown a youtube community, started a retail business, memorized an entire series of Beethoven sonatas, established a massive real life harem, whatever. But for some reason this was more appealing:

south-park-s10e08c05-the-slaughter-16x9.jpg

Depression and addiction.. But hey an NPC called me dova king or whatever.

MilesBeyond

Cipher
Skyrim's a shit Elder Scrolls game and a shit RPG but if you're in the mood for an action-RPG/hiking simulator, it's actually pretty fun. I file it away in the "Mindless crap for when I'm super tired/stressed/overworked" pile.

Also, gonna be honest, it's got the best stealth gameplay of any RPG I've ever played. Skyrim is a better Thief game than Thief 4 (not that that's saying much...). Sometimes it's even a better Thief game than Deadly Shadows.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
100 hours.

It's the last game i get in the series. I didn't bother getting Fallout 4 and I don't see myself buying any of their other games again.

Endemic

Arcane
26 minutes. Even on a 2.50 sale it didn't grab me. Maybe mods can salvage it.

TK--421

Literate
342 hours somehow, but I would leave the game running while I slept or when I went to college classes, so much regret now. One game I legitimately played too much was Mount and Blade Warband, I have 770 hours in that game and it was well worth the $10 I spent on it.

Lhynn

Arcane
Maids 2 is a great mod, i spent most of my time in skyrim playing it, but i honestly have no idea how long ive played the game.

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas
I played a ton but it in my defense it was mostly after my 1st kid was born. My wife (when she went back to work) worked 12 hour night shifts (7PM - 7AM) and that left me with a lot of free time but I needed to be able to drop whatever I was doing if the baby woke up. I know I left the game paused for something like 36 hours once so a lot of time wasn't actually playing.

Other than that every few years I'll mod that shit up and play until the instability of the build makes me quit. The farthest I have gotten in the main plot is up the mountain to talk to the monks so I still have a bunch of award winning content to explore as soon as SKSE for SSE is released and all the bouncing boob mods work again.

edit: Just looked at my Steam Friends (I'm only friends with codex autistics) and there are 39 people with over 100 hours in skyrim. That's out of 78 who own the game. There are a couple with over 1000 hours and many people with at least 250 hours. I feel that not everyone is voting in this poll out of embarrassment.

Last edited:

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
347 hours on Steam. LARPing, modding, console commands to create the experience I wanted. Nice playground for that kind of thing.

Kev Inkline

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

I could have learned coding and sold $1 apps for millions of dollars, grown a youtube community, started a retail business, memorized an entire series of Beethoven sonatas, established a massive real life harem, whatever. But for some reason this was more appealing:
The emphasized part is pretty much like saying that you could have dumped toxic waste on your neighborhood but instead decided to play computer games.

Myself, I have 0 hours so far, that might change the day when I finish my backlog of games that are more interesting - which amounts now to 8+ years. Unless of course, something more appealing is published in the mean time. I think there's a good chance for that.

Dawkinsfan69

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Bethestard

The emphasized part is pretty much like saying that you could have dumped toxic waste on your neighborhood but instead decided to play computer games.

Yeah but when there are millions of people begging for toxic waste to consume, might as well sell it to them. It'd be a more productive use of time than playing skyrim at least.

Krivol

Magister
More than 200 hours - because running mountains with your 2-h sword exposed is fun . This game should have better writting, world building and better reactions on PC actions, but still - sword exposed, moutains, snow and big muscles. This game is almost like blue oyster club in videogaming.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom