Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

How many hours did you clock in on Skyrim?

How many hours did you clock in on Skyrim?

• 100 hours (just played it a few times)

Votes: 27 31.4%
  • 200-400 hours (average RPG gamer)

Votes: 34 39.5%
  • 400-600 hours (it's a fun game, great mods)

Votes: 4 4.7%
  • 600-800 hours (I'm a TES fan, what can I say)

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • 800-1000 hours (true Codexer, I'm a hardcore RPG player, suck it)

Votes: 19 22.1%

• Total voters

acer palmatum

Scholar
According to steam a bit more than 960 hours and never saw the end. Well it is a beautiful landscape to wander in I guess.

Vanilla less then 20 I daresay. Mod it til it breaks indeed.

Dawkinsfan69

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Bethestard
More than 200 hours - because running mountains with your 2-h sword exposed is fun . This game should have better writting, world building and better reactions on PC actions, but still - sword exposed, moutains, snow and big muscles. This game is almost like blue oyster club in videogaming.

Omg the writing is abysmal. The game loves to make you sit around listening to dialogue in 10+ minute long RP sequences that you could read through in like 30 seconds if they just had written dialogue like Morrowind.

IDK why they spend millions of dollars on voice acting for that crap. Is it really that important to pander to virgin game of thrones fanboys?

Self-Ejected

Drog Black Tooth

Self-Ejected
Honestly, my only complaint with the game is the samey looking dungeons with viking zombies everywhere you go. Eventually you just go 'meh' once you come across yet another cloned dungeon.

Imagine Skyrim with Morrowind's handcrafted dungeons (and Morrowind's spell system for that matter). FUCK YEAH.

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
More than 200 hours - because running mountains with your 2-h sword exposed is fun . This game should have better writting, world building and better reactions on PC actions, but still - sword exposed, moutains, snow and big muscles. This game is almost like blue oyster club in videogaming.

Omg the writing is abysmal. The game loves to make you sit around listening to dialogue in 10+ minute long RP sequences that you could read through in like 30 seconds if they just had written dialogue like Morrowind.

IDK why they spend millions of dollars on voice acting for that crap. Is it really that important to pander to virgin game of thrones fanboys?
:salute:
And yeah, apparently it is really important :/ Modern gaming conventions are retarded. Gamers today care about graphics, animations (they are a separate issue and super duper important), voice acting, and open worlds. You could make a piece of shit that had all those things and it would sell 20 million copies.

makiavelli747

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Village Idiot Shitposter
You are right, guys, Bloodlines is shit because voice acting and animations are for modern retards.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
Morrowind dungeons were on the same lvl of shittery with few exceptions.
Morrowind's dungeons were often criticized at the time for being too small, but they are well-made for their sizes and the larger ones are at least somewhat non-linear, with a few stand-outs in design.

Skyrim, by contrast, offers dungeon that are enormous in terms of the sheer volume of space contained therein, but that nonetheless consist of a corridor along which you run before completing the dungeon and exiting either through an otherwise inaccessible back exit or by being dropped back at the beginning of the dungeon. They're shockingly linear, despite their superficially vast size.

Self-Ejected

Barnabas

Self-Ejected
Patron
Shitposter
I came upon The elder scrolls before crpgs. Now I can barely look at Skyrim in my library without feeling disgusted. In retrospect it feels so cheap and empty. They were king of the open world fantasy genre so I don't think changing the formula was something they had to do even if they wanted. But with the launch of the Witcher 3 I think they owe it to us to again raise the bar. I think that's why we won't be seeing an elder scrolls game for some years as I truely believe that they will be taking big risks and offering a much more rewarding experience with the next installation. Atleast I hope.

Doctor Sbaitso

SO, TELL ME ABOUT YOUR PROBLEMS.
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands
A couple of hundred hours across a two or three playthroughs with various sets of mods. Never finished it - always completely lose interest around the time of the Imperial/Stormcloak dinner party on top of Firetop mountain, or whatever it's called.

Funny, that's where I quit as well.

undecaf

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
How many hours did you clock in on Skyrim.

Too many considering I still haven't been able to finish the thing. And a lot of the time went to restarting and trying to find out what kind of character would be the least boring to play. Came to the conclusion that a loosely built rogue/conjurer probably has the most to offer.

Bumvelcrow

Somewhat interesting
Patron
Dumbfuck
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Strap Yourselves In
A couple of hundred hours across a two or three playthroughs with various sets of mods. Never finished it - always completely lose interest around the time of the Imperial/Stormcloak dinner party on top of Firetop mountain, or whatever it's called.

For me that's the point at which it stopped being open world and the game started making decisions for you, or at least stopped hiding the fact. I had to give up the Stormcloak rebellion in order to further the tedious main plot, and my reaction could be summed up in a couple of words.

Doctor Sbaitso

SO, TELL ME ABOUT YOUR PROBLEMS.
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands

For me that's the point at which it stopped being open world and the game started making decisions for you, or at least stopped hiding the fact. I had to give up the Stormcloak rebellion in order to further the tedious main plot, and my reaction could be summed up in a couple of words.

Up until that point I had really mostly been hiking around with no HUD and some texture mods, clearing out whatever I came across but as you describe the game devolved into shit fetch and kill quests to advance the main plot. i never did finish it.

I guess the highlights of the game for me were a few vistas I came across at correct points in the excellent music and I enjoyed the mystery of the mask quests. Worth the money IMO for the hiking.

I played mostly in hotel rooms with my father who is now 70. We spent the winters shuttling my son around to hockey tournaments on weekends. Lots of downtime filled by PC gaming - we would bring my rig with us. Skyrim was a good bunch of hours well spent with my dad so I guess I will always look back fondly on it for that reason.

Kahr

1 hour and 8 minutes. I tried playing it a few times, but i'm not sure if i ever completed the tutorial.
Every tutorial without Jean-Luc Picard is shit.

Self-Ejected

Drog Black Tooth

Self-Ejected
funny that no one voted 600-800, guess you either play it a couple times or just never stop playing

Self-Ejected

Irenaeus

Self-Ejected
Patron
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual The Real Fanboy
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera
Poll is shit without kingcomrade option.

I lasted 30 minutes before killing a dragon at level 1 and uninstalling this retarded piece of shit game.

My brothers played 600 hours each. One still regularly plays TESO.

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Vanilla Skyrim.... eh no never played it save the opening level on the PS3 at my cousins
Modded Skyrim yeah 165 hours and honestly it is a relaxing experience, doing a couple of dungeons, coming back to town to sell and craft some shit, try a few mods and dress up my waifu... plus adding some combat mods got things pretty hectic and I actually had to back out a few dungeons because I ran into too tough enemies (like elder vampires) but overall the equivalent of a Carls Jr hamburger; the finest junk food can get
Skyrim with Requiem now you are talking, currently I restarted a char over the weekend and it is so much fun, where you have to really plan attacking more than 2 enemies at a time, using summons, poisons and scavenging all sorts of ingredients and equipment... less "relaxing" than with mods but oh so satisfying having to actually block and time my attacks, conserve stamina and get killed in one single hammer strike if I miss that opening headshot
I really dont understand the amount of nose turning at Skyrim, it is no masterpiece but moded and as a dungeon and hiking simulator it is very enjoyable. Not all games need a deep and meaningful story or memorable NPCs (although Serana, Illia and a couple of standout do come to mind)
and yeah kiddies but sometime I just want to play something mindless but fun, not all games are Age of Decadence or Torment

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas
Vanilla Skyrim.... eh no never played it save the opening level on the PS3 at my cousins
Modded Skyrim yeah 165 hours and honestly it is a relaxing experience, doing a couple of dungeons, coming back to town to sell and craft some shit, try a few mods and dress up my waifu... plus adding some combat mods got things pretty hectic and I actually had to back out a few dungeons because I ran into too tough enemies (like elder vampires) but overall the equivalent of a Carls Jr hamburger; the finest junk food can get
Skyrim with Requiem now you are talking, currently I restarted a char over the weekend and it is so much fun, where you have to really plan attacking more than 2 enemies at a time, using summons, poisons and scavenging all sorts of ingredients and equipment... less "relaxing" than with mods but oh so satisfying having to actually block and time my attacks, conserve stamina and get killed in one single hammer strike if I miss that opening headshot
I really dont understand the amount of nose turning at Skyrim, it is no masterpiece but moded and as a dungeon and hiking simulator it is very enjoyable. Not all games need a deep and meaningful story or memorable NPCs (although Serana, Illia and a couple of standout do come to mind)
and yeah kiddies but sometime I just want to play something mindless but fun, not all games are Age of Decadence or Torment

I agree with almost everything you said but you did not mention UNP/CBBE or that mod that makes boobs jiggle.

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Divinity: Original Sin 2

I agree with almost everything you said but you did not mention UNP/CBBE or that mod that makes boobs jiggle.
That goes without saying bouncing boobies in my Bethesda games are the privilege of the PC master race... hell they are the cornerstone of nexus!
Tonight was particularly harrowing going to a necromancer lair and getting my ass kicked and having to go out and upgrade my gear and get better arrows, craft some poisons (which even the White Phial guys says that are nasty shit :D) plus the noble search for pretty dresses, skimpy anime armors and slutty bodices for the waifu never gets old

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom