Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

How many teams does Larian have at the moment?

t

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
So I remember Sven opening up a new studio in Quebec, now there's a thing in Saint Petersburg and also in Dublin according to their job openings http://larian.com/jobs/

Does this mean 4 games simultaneously or bankruptcy soon? Discuss!!

Well, it's just a graphic/web artist position in Dublin, that could just be a design office.

As for bankruptcy, less of an issue when your artists accept potatoes as currency.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
So I remember Sven opening up a new studio in Quebec, now there's a thing in Saint Petersburg and also in Dublin according to their job openings http://larian.com/jobs/

Does this mean 4 games simultaneously or bankruptcy soon? Discuss!!

They've had an office in Saint Petersburg for years, I believe. The Dublin studio is the writers who were recruited for D:OS 2.

PulsatingBrain

Huge and Ever-Growing
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath
They've confirmed that there is another game in development alongside DOS 2, so I thought nothing of it when they released the video months ago about the Quebec studio. I did get a little confused when I got this video, which appears to show the new St. Petersburg studio full of various types of developer working. Maybe plans changed and Quebec will be a smaller scale operation insted of St. Petersburg, or maybe they really do just need 3 or 4 full time studios

PulsatingBrain

Huge and Ever-Growing
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath
I hear new office and I assume it's in a different country for some reason, even though the video expressly mentions "Gent"
In my defense it was late as fuck. Pardon my complete idiocy:badnews:

imweasel

IIRC the studios in Dublin and Russia are just supporting studios and the studios in Gent in Quebec are the development studios.

Larian is working on at least two games, D:OS 2 and the secret project. After watching the videos I am getting the feeling that they may also be working on a third game which is in an early concept phase.

Tinkerer

Novice
Larian is working on at least two games, D:OS 2 and the secret project. After watching the videos I am getting the feeling that they may also be working on a third game which is in an early concept phase.
I see your three and raise you four:

We are working on four big ideas. This is a different direction, which I unfortunately can not tell you more. We need to think carefully about what we will do next, and take important for the future of our company's decision.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom