Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

How would you like your Vault Dweller?

How would you like your VD?

• VD given the power, and the Final Solution to the LULZ

Votes: 3 100.0%
  • VD returns as Editor-in-Chief, and he doesn't agree to purge the forum of infidels.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • VD shares the power, we all agree to vote on which infidels to purge.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Given this thread, which I Retardo'd (shocking, I know), vote. For the record, that poll was:
  • VD left powerless: 16%
    VD given the power, and the Final Solution to the LULZ: 84%

As a guideline to this poll:
  • Vote for "VD given the power, and the Final Solution to the LULZ" if you agree with VD's direction on forum moderation and a member purge occuring solely at his discretion.
  • Vote for "VD returns as Editor-in-Chief, and he doesn't agree to purge the forum of infidels" if you want a VD posting news but leaves it entirely up to the others to take care of moderating the forums.
  • Vote for "VD shares the power, we all agree to vote on which infidels to purge" if you want a VD with full admin powers but the rest of the staff have to agree with him before he bans or threatens to ban anyone.

Zomg

Arbiter
The more polarized poll was useful, because the question is essentially: VD gets whatever he needs to ameliorate the insult, everyone else can take it up the ass, Y/N?

Y

vrok

Liturgist
Bastard. What's wrong with C? Oh, you're German right? That'd explain it.

dagorkan

Arbiter
71% in favor of VD having absolute power, already (normally spammers are lulzers and pro-DU).

14 votes

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
I read "Final Solution" and then I really couldn't hold back anymore. We all got our minor flaws - we Germans killed a few hundred-thousand people in cruel ways, started two world wars that laid waste to Europe, etc. However, French people eat frogs and Brtish people have funny accents in return. It all balances out.

vrok

Liturgist
I knew it. Hope it goes through so we can all get banned for lulzing the poll that "saved" VD, and for not sending enough "sorry" PMs of course. Better start spamming him right now.

I'll pass.

Edit: BTW, few hundred-thousand? Now you're just being modest. It's ok to brag.

Lumpy

Arcane
So option 1 means "Staff, do what VD wants", option 2 means "VD, do what staff wants" and option 3 is middleground.
Option 1. But just because it's the only one that would work out. Personally, I'd keep VD but also keep the lulz. If it's one or the other, though...

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Honestly, who cares if some less intellectually gifted members are banned? They can always use a proxy to register a new account and post with their alt. Sure, that is quite a hassle, but if they behave for a long while they can always reveal themselves to the staff and ask to be unbanned.

(On that sidenote, don't do that "proxy list" bullshit. I know some people always use a proxy to browse and that would be... meh. If an obvious idiot reregisters with a proxy, just ban that account too. He's going to get bored of it a lot sooner than you.)

Joe Krow

Erudite
Fuck the LULZ. The whole meme/fail/I N T E R N E T D R A M A thing is fucking embarasing. So childish. So lame. Let us suffer not the 4chans. Flush it! If you lack the balls to do it then bring back someone who can.

Nedrah

Erudite
Well, I went for C).

I'd love to see him as an admin with equal rights to the current super-secret godclub.

More importantly, I'd like to see him as a chief-editor who helps me becoming a better news-poster and who provides the kind of quality that makes everyone forget that I (we?) are just growing into this.

I appreciate darkunderlord starting this thread. I'm not sure wether there are any bridges are left not-entirely-burned, but if so I'd really like to see them rebuilt.

FrancoTAU

Cipher
I'd rather we had VD back, along with a couple other active admins to balance out his recent tendencies to knee jerk ban people. Barring that, I'll take having VD back with the behind the scene admins getting to veto.

MasPingon

Arcane
If VD returns I don't won't anybody to tell him what to do. Choosing a

Edit

On the other hand it depends on what do you mean by a Final Solution to the LULZ

Oarfish

Prophet
A, though I thought VD got more than a little ban happy recently the Codex will not be the same without him.

Needles

Scholar
DarkUnderlord said:
Most people voted for VD's return... but you know what ? I don't give a fuck, OWNED you bitches, I win teh internetz

/fakequote

Jedi_Learner

Liturgist
DarkUnderlord said:
This is our forum, not yours. If we decide to take a particular course of action, that's our call. If we decide to start a poll for the general users about it, that's our call. If we decide to ignore the result of that poll, that's your problem, not ours. The Codex is not a democracy (of its general forum populace). In short, this is our playpen and we're in charge. If you don't like that, GTFO. (Ref)

Mr. Hand

Novice
You left out option D, hauling Rosh back from the deep Internet Abyss and giving him joint admin powers with VD. The arguments that will ensue between VD, DU and Rosh should there be a further falling out of this magnitude will so warm my heart.

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
I voted A. VD tends to go off the handle (two warnings = flying off the handle, lulz) at posters who have a history of being lame rather than just anyone who makes a single unacceptable comment once upon a time.

Deleted member 7219

It's embarrassing how this site now looks on the internet. There's a reason why developers come here, they are interested in what we have to say. Other RPG websites like RPG Watch and NMA know the Codex well and I know Watch usually posts links to VD's reviews and articles. I myself came here because I was sick of people gushing over Oblivion on the Bethesda forums, saw the Codex mentioned and came here right away. This site was well known as a site for people who loved RPGs. All that credibility has been destroyed by childish spammers.

Its time to get that reputation back.

Hory

Erudite
The whole lulz thing has been exaggerated to absurd proportions, as if it's either lulz and nothing else or no lulz and everything else. This has never been the case.

Also, the votes of people who actually post(ed) here on a regular basis should have more value than those of lurkers with accounts.

vrok

Liturgist
kingcomrade said:
I voted A. VD tends to go off the handle (two warnings = flying off the handle, lulz) at posters who have a history of being lame rather than just anyone who makes a single unacceptable comment once upon a time.
Wrong.

Subject A: Me
Subject B: You

Matt7895 said:
I myself came here because I was sick of people gushing over Oblivion on the Bethesda forums, saw the Codex mentioned and came here right away. This site was well known as a site for people who loved RPGs. All that credibility has been destroyed by childish spammers.
Except they were here doing their thing long before you came here. KC here being one of the most prominent examples. Just check the post below for evidence.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom