Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

How would you like your Vault Dweller?

How would you like your VD?

• VD given the power, and the Final Solution to the LULZ

Votes: 3 100.0%
  • VD returns as Editor-in-Chief, and he doesn't agree to purge the forum of infidels.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • VD shares the power, we all agree to vote on which infidels to purge.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
sqeecoo said:
I would know why you are picking on it.

Because Ratty's from there. If he were from Oman, I'd pick on Oman.

Sensitive much?

Ratty

Scholar
Brother None said:
Yeah, you would, being from Croatia.
Says a guy whose country has a pedophile party.*

sqeecoo said:
You weren't there, but such exchanges often occured between Kharn and me on NMA. It's all in good fun.

Nedrah said:
I would fucking kill to get to eat their self made "Pita" again.
So would I. It's pretty hard to find good Croatian pita in Zagreb.

* Funnily enough, when you type "pedophile party" in Wikipedia, the page about Dutch Partij voor Naastenliefde, Vrijheid en Diversiteit shows up.

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Ratty said:
Says a guy whose country has a pedophile party.*

We don't, the PNVD failed to get the required signature count and is not officially a political party. They can call themselves one, but they're not.

sqeecoo

Arcane
Brother None said:
Because Ratty's from there. If he were from Oman, I'd pick on Oman.

Sensitive much?

Now that I know it's all in good fun, I don't mind at all. But with the recent war here and everything, there was a chance that your comment was based on real prejudice or hostility. That too would have been your right of course, I just wanted to find out whether it was the former or the latter.

Cheers!

@Nedrah I was in Germany just this summer, and it's a very cool place (literally, too). The people are also honest and diligent and friendly. Also plenty of beer. But that expression "Klasse, man" is just gay. :)

Nedrah

Erudite
AnalogKid said:
There's your true Germanity showing through...

I should have seen that one coming, shouldn't I?
So, for the record, I am opposed to invade countrys based on them having awesome food.
Well, ok, that pita might actually justify it, but I think they had their share of war for the time being.

Well, I don't mind German food, really, but the thing about German food is that no matter how much of it you eat, an hour later you're hungry for power.

dagorkan

Arbiter
I only like German breakfasts... beats the hell out of English breakfasts.

-Sausages
-Bretzels
-Fruit
-Several types of bread
-Cheeses
-Ham
-Bacon
-Smoked fish
-Eggs
-Pancakes
-Cereals
-Yoghurt
-Jams
-Juice
-Tea
-Coffee

I would have all of them every day, stops you getting hungry around 11 am. I don't know why so many other countries don't do it. 'French breakfast' totally sucks, and is for pretentious foreigners and masochists.

fruehstueck.jpg

spacemoose

Erudite
Futile Rhetoric said:
Well, I don't mind German food, really, but the thing about German food is that no matter how much of it you eat, an hour later you're hungry for power.
hee hee. that's a pretty good one. in fact I think you stole it from somewhere

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
I only like German breakfasts... beats the hell out of English breakfasts.

-Sausages
-Bretzels
-Fruit
-Several types of bread
-Cheeses
-Ham
-Bacon
-Smoked fish
-Eggs
-Pancakes
-Cereals
-Yoghurt
-Jams
-Juice
-Tea
-Coffee
What's the difference between that and an English breakfast? The fish?

spacemoose

Erudite
the english breakfast is

* oat cereal
* toast
* coffee (w/o anything in it)
* MARMITE
* possibly jams
* blood pudding

I think that's all that needs to be said.

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
Really? To me English Breakfast means pretty much the stuff sheek said. I thought bacon and eggs were an integral part of the English breakfast.

FrancoTAU

Cipher
Most countries outside of the US, Germany and maybe the Belgians have shitty breakfasts.

Who would want to live in a place where a Bacon, Egg and Cheese isn't readily available at all times?

AnalogKid

Scholar
Nedrah said:
I should have seen that one coming, shouldn't I?
Yep.

I kinda suspect this place is in for a lollostorm as a kind of backlash from the last week. Here's hoping we all survive. er, well, here's hoping most of us survive and a few suffer horrible screaming deaths of writhing agony, full of despair until their last ragged breath. But 'till then, keep posting guys! ;)

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Jasede said:
Hey DU, now that it seems like A has a trend of having more votes than B + C, is there going to be any change or something? Or is this poll mainly a lulzy "what if..." retrospective? The people demand closure. (Just asking, it is too early to really conjecture anything from the poll yet)
At the moment, I'm all for ploughing on and seeing where the Codex ends up and if in a few months time, the Codex has gone down the toilet because Nedrah doesn't post news in the VD fashion and people can't handle that, well, we might reconsider. Until then, not really no. Not for a poll that's essentially hovering around 50/50, given a number of votes for A have been pre-conditioned with comments like "I prefer C but voted A" or "A but if you guys are going to be around more then C". It's clear from the comments that people want more newsies, more variety in news and articles and less of a one man show. We made a mistake in the past in not doing that mainly because VD was doing such a good job and had a strong personal following. Some of our attempts at asking people to be newsies also failed but there wasn't a strong incentive to find other people.

I believe the problem is simply because it hasn't been a team effort for the past year or so that people are unsure what kind of quality they're going to get from any new staff. I'm reasonably confident they'll do a good job and that most of you, despite your "Why not go to RPGWatch" questions, will hang around. And hey, maybe VD will end up writing the odd article from time to time. Who knows.

Jasede said:
Also, vote Spacemoose for moderator of General Discussion!
No.

roshan

Arcane
kingcomrade said:
Really? To me English Breakfast means pretty much the stuff sheek said. I thought bacon and eggs were an integral part of the English breakfast.

An English breakfast is tomatoes, mushrooms, bacon, sausages, eggs and toast - none of that healthy fruits, cereals and breads that the Germans eat. The distinguishing feature of a proper English breakfast are the really disgusting sausages that would make any self respecting German throw up.

roshan

Arcane
DarkUnderlord said:
Jasede said:
Hey DU, now that it seems like A has a trend of having more votes than B + C, is there going to be any change or something? Or is this poll mainly a lulzy "what if..." retrospective? The people demand closure. (Just asking, it is too early to really conjecture anything from the poll yet)
At the moment, I'm all for ploughing on and seeing where the Codex ends up and if in a few months time, the Codex has gone down the toilet because Nedrah doesn't post news in the VD fashion and people can't handle that, well, we might reconsider. Until then, not really no. Not for a poll that's essentially hovering around 50/50, given a number of votes for A have been pre-conditioned with comments like "I prefer C but voted A" or "A but if you guys are going to be around more then C". It's clear from the comments that people want more newsies, more variety in news and articles and less of a one man show. We made a mistake in the past in not doing that mainly because VD was doing such a good job and had a strong personal following. Some of our attempts at asking people to be newsies also failed but there wasn't a strong incentive to find other people.

I believe the problem is simply because it hasn't been a team effort for the past year or so that people are unsure what kind of quality they're going to get from any new staff. I'm reasonably confident they'll do a good job and that most of you, despite your "Why not go to RPGWatch" questions, will hang around. And hey, maybe VD will end up writing the odd article from time to time. Who knows.

Jasede said:
Also, vote Spacemoose for moderator of General Discussion!
No.

Actually the poll has been a very stable 60:40 since the beginning. And dont forget that a lot of the "C" votes are preconditioned by other administrators taking a more active role in the forums, otherwise, they would rather have voted A than C.

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
roshan said:
kingcomrade said:

An English breakfast is tomatoes, mushrooms, bacon, sausages, eggs and toast - none of that healthy fruits, cereals and breads that the Germans eat. The distinguishing feature of a proper English breakfast are the really disgusting sausages that would make any self respecting German throw up.
I have a friend who insists that eating breakfast is unhealthy, it saps your early morning energy by diverting some to digestion. She read it in some health book called The Miracle of Fasting by Paul Bragg. Apparently kidneys are miracle organs which will filter out all of our bodily impurities if we just don't eat for a while.

Cassidy

Arcane
About this thread... remember there are choices... and consequences. And some of them might be not what you wished to happen.

LRP

Novice
I agree with Roshan. How in the world do you get this poll is 'hovering' around the fifty-fifty mark?

And again I agree with Roshan, at least as many, or those who posted their reasons in this thread, voted C with the stipulation of more active involvement of staff or otherwise they'd of picked A also.

And in any case, a mere eight percent voted excluding him altogether. Do you really think you have months to take a wait and see approach? Not to belittle or make less of new people that have stepped in to try to fill VD's spot, but those are big shoes to fill and since he'll not be really chiming in at this site, I hope he finds a voice at another forum.

DarkUnderlord said:
Not for a poll that's essentially hovering around 50/50, given a number of votes for A have been pre-conditioned with comments like "I prefer C but voted A" or "A but if you guys are going to be around more then C".

So, are you saying that you would reconsider your position if the poll was more in favor of VD?

Lumpy

Arcane
DarkUnderlord said:

That's pathetic, DU. This poll sucks because it's meaningless. The poll options don't refer to things that should be done by anyone in particular, but rather what we wish came to happen.
Telling VD what to do it idiotic, since he has nothing to gain. It's just a job opportunity for him - one which he is willing to do for free, but with certain conditions as 'pay'. You're the employers. We're the customers. Voting whether VD should settle for less is beyond stupid. The only logical vote is whether you should hire him, have him post news, and give him what you want. And you've seen what the majority wants when it comes to that.
It's simple. Most Codexers want VD back no matter what he does. It's fair that you don't want to give in to that - your house, your rules. But don't try to act like it's our decision, because it's not.

vrok

Liturgist
Maybe because the staff *are* going to try to be around more and that's why DU wants to wait and see? Or is that concept too difficult to grasp? And what does that have to do with VD going off to a "normal" site/forum? Shouldn't matter to the people voting A. Then you'll have VD and your stupid rules, or do you still think the Codex has advantages over normal sites despite its lulz factor? In that case, tough.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom