Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

How would you like your Vault Dweller?

How would you like your VD?

• VD given the power, and the Final Solution to the LULZ

Votes: 3 100.0%
  • VD returns as Editor-in-Chief, and he doesn't agree to purge the forum of infidels.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • VD shares the power, we all agree to vote on which infidels to purge.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Marsal

Arcane
I'm a little late to the party, but it looks like a nice little Croatian community forming on The Codex. Soon we'll be more numerous than the mighty hype-bringing Poles. Watch out for our Serious Sam 3 hype :D

Lumpy

Arcane
Oh and by the way - for what fucked up reason did DU compare A to B+C? I mean, besides trying to find some justification for his epic forum leadership fail.

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
DarkUnderlord said:
At the moment, I'm all for ploughing on and seeing where the Codex ends up and if in a few months time, the Codex has gone down the toilet because Nedrah doesn't post news in the VD fashion and people can't handle that, well, we might reconsider. Until then, not really no. Not for a poll that's essentially hovering around 50/50, given a number of votes for A have been pre-conditioned with comments like "I prefer C but voted A" or "A but if you guys are going to be around more then C".

Oh, for Frith's sake.

If you were never intending to execute people's opinions if they didn't agree with you, why ask them?

Lumpy

Arcane
Actually, he did go by our opinion. You just have to imagine that B and C say "We don't want VD", and that 59% is not a majority. Why? Because this is RPGCodex.

vrok

Liturgist
If you don't get it go register at ESF and don't come back.

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
I have one more comment that's poignant for this thread:

Attica! Attica! Attica!

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
roshan said:
Actually the poll has been a very stable 60:40 since the beginning.
For the record, the poll started out at 80% for A, hovered around 70% - 66% for A for quite a while, then steadily dropped down to as low as about 57% but has ended up hovering around the 60% mark, not sure if it quite wants to go over or stay under. Thus is the history of the poll.

roshan said:
And dont forget that a lot of the "C" votes are preconditioned by other administrators taking a more active role in the forums, otherwise, they would rather have voted A than C.
Yes, I am aware of that. A number of people have stated that they want to see more active administration and voted based on whether or not they felt that was going to actually happen or not. We have decided to try more active administration and see how it goes as I put much more weight on the comments than on whether or not people can adequately judge what option A, B or C actually mean. It is clear to me however, that given the nature of the poll and those comments, that people would love VD to return and for us to keep a lid on the more aggressive lulzers but also want a more active administration staff and other people involved. We're going to try that and see how it goes. In other words, the poll is not at 60% VD with an overwhelming number of comments like "Fuck off DarkUnderlord and Calis, what the fuck do you think you're doing? Vault Dweller 4 lief!". If that had been the case, then yes, we would have reconsidered.

LRP said:
And in any case, a mere eight percent voted excluding him altogether. Do you really think you have months to take a wait and see approach? Not to belittle or make less of new people that have stepped in to try to fill VD's spot, but those are big shoes to fill and since he'll not be really chiming in at this site, I hope he finds a voice at another forum.
We are aware of that. However, we are willing to give it a shot as irrespective of whether Vault Dweller came back or not, we would have needed new news staff and other people to write articles. I am confident those people exist and that we can find them and train them into Codex newsies. So far the people we have found appear to be doing a stand-up job. We are happy with their progress and their willingness to take advice onboard.

Brother None said:
If you were never intending to execute people's opinions if they didn't agree with you, why ask them?
Please accept that you are not aware of every conversation that takes place nor the various options that Calis and I were considering.

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
DarkUnderlord said:
Brother None said:
Please accept that you are not aware of every conversation that takes place nor the various options that Calis and I were considering.

Please be aware that that has nothing to do with what I just said.

This is farcical, and you're being hypocritical. Again, if you couldn't guarantee people that their opinion would matter, tell them, if their opinion still doesn't matter now, tell them. Now you're just sitting here manipulating a clear numerical poll to somehow support your position. That's bullshit, DU, Bethesda-level bullshit. Don't piss on my leg and tell me it's raining. Want to run the Codex like you want to? Then do so. But don't ask my opinion and when I'm doing explaining it say "well tough shit because I don't care."

Attica! Attica! Attica!

vrok

Liturgist
DarkUnderlord said:
This is our forum, not yours. If we decide to take a particular course of action, that's our call. If we decide to start a poll for the general users about it, that's our call. If we decide to ignore the result of that poll, that's your problem, not ours. The Codex is not a democracy (of its general forum populace). In short, this is our playpen and we're in charge. If you don't like that, GTFO.

xedoc gpr

Scholar
DU, either say "We don't care what you think, this is just a joke poll", or STFU.

DarkUnderlord said:
In other words, the poll is not at 60% VD with an overwhelming number of comments like "Fuck off DarkUnderlord and Calis, what the fuck do you think you're doing? Vault Dweller 4 lief!". If that had been the case, then yes, we would have reconsidered.
A question. If that is the case, what exactly is the point of this poll? Why not make a poll simply:

A) Fuck off DarkUnderlord and Calis, what the fuck do you think you're doing? Vault Dweller 4 lief!
B) Fuck off Vault Dweller, what the fuck do you think you're doing? DarkUnderlord and Calis 4 lief!

and then see where it leads? It would make sense to me, as it looks like a compromise solution simply isn't happening.

Lurkar

Scholar
I'm with Brother None on this one. Giving us a poll, then saying"Oh fuck you're all voting wrong, poll doesn't count anymore" is some steaming bullshit. As I've said in other threads, you're making yourself look even shittier with each post.

AnalogKid

Scholar
Brother None said:
This is farcical, and you're being hypocritical. Again, if you couldn't guarantee people that their opinion would matter, tell them, if their opinion still doesn't matter now, tell them... But don't ask my opinion and when I'm doing explaining it say "well tough shit because I don't care."
To be fair, the very first rule from this rather recent post:

DarkUnderlord said:
This is our forum, not yours. If we decide to take a particular course of action, that's our call. If we decide to start a poll for the general users about it, that's our call. If we decide to ignore the result of that poll, that's your problem, not ours.
Did anyone really ever expect this or any other numbnuts poll to dictate Caliphate policy?

Edit: shit. vrok has ways with fast quoting...

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
DarkUnderlord said:
This is our forum, not yours. If we decide to take a particular course of action, that's our call. If we decide to start a poll for the general users about it, that's our call. If we decide to ignore the result of that poll, that's your problem, not ours. The Codex is not a democracy (of its general forum populace). In short, this is our playpen and we're in charge. If you don't like that, GTFO.

Funny how that edict came from a management that got voted down, isn't it?

This reminds me very much of Khrushchev, to be honest. Khrushchev becomes boss, stomps all over Stalin, has Beria executed, and then 10 years of fuck-ups later people say "hey Khrushchev please fuck off" and he did.

Difference: not 10 years here and, more importantly, Khrushchev did in fact fuck off.

With a rocking start, I'm sure DU's "we run this forum for us" is off the a fiery success. That was not my point, though, I don't care that he chooses to ignore this poll, his call, I'm irked by the fact that he's somehow trying to twist results that are clearly against his policy into some kind of recognition of his greatness and pretending he gives a shit about what the Codex majority does.

Hypocrisy is what the Codex used to criticize, not represent.

A question. If that is the case, what exactly is the point of this poll? Why not make a poll simply:

A) Fuck off DarkUnderlord and Calis, what the fuck do you think you're doing? Vault Dweller 4 lief!
B) Fuck off Vault Dweller, what the fuck do you think you're doing? DarkUnderlord and Calis 4 lief!

and then see where it leads? It would make sense to me, as it looks like a compromise solution simply isn't happening.

Someone probably should.

vrok

Liturgist
VD got voted down by the rest of the management. They > You. You = Fail.

Go away troll.

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
vrok said:
VD got voted down by the rest of the management. They > You. You = fail.

Go away troll.

Heh. Such a young management to already have cronies. You have it down pat. You're not talking about what I'm saying, attacking me personally, and univocally supporting something blindly. You're an A-list crony and have a good career ahead of you.

sqeecoo

Arcane
The codex is not a democracy. You are not voting for a new government here, where 51+% wins. What is happening is that DU is feeling out the public opinion. And he understands the message: everyone wants VD back, and many are willing to pay any price (and I use this expression because nobody is actively defending his ban program) to get him back.
However, as DU said, the tone of the comments is not "the new management sucks!". People seem to consider the new management somewhat capable - in fact, I did not see a single post of "this is the end of the codex!".

VD is apparently not open to negotiation, except in a "my way or the highway" way, heh. Which is fine, he feels insulted and justifiably so, although I think that is is not a productive, reconciliatory or brave stance, but that's his decision (brave is not the best word, I know; what I want to say is that it takes some guts to swallow your pride and make a compromise. That and taking insults is something one is expected to learn on the codex quite fast.)

So there is not much choice anyway, and DU intends to continue his current plan. This topic has achieved its purpose: evaluation the public reaction. And as DU said, had the poll been "at 60% VD with an overwhelming number of comments like "Fuck off DarkUnderlord and Calis, what the fuck do you think you're doing? Vault Dweller 4 lief!" he would have reconsidered his current plan.

Now did I really need to explain all that? Meh.

@Maršal You know, there are not so many posters on the codex. 3 croatians is a lot! I wonder if there are of our neighbors around.

vrok

Liturgist
Brother None said:
Funny how that edict came from a management that got voted down, isn't it?
vrok said:
VD got voted down by the rest of the management.
Do you get it this time?

I've posted several times that I want VD back. Your trolling won't change that.

Edit: It's funny though how this thread is proof that the Codex is infested with blathering morons that can't reason, argue or even read properly. Regardless of what "side" they're on.

Otingocni

Novice
How convenient that DarkUnderlord can use the poll results to support the course of action he has all ready started upon. A more cynical soul might suspect that DarkUnderlord started with his position on the issue, then manipulated the results of the poll to support that.

We have 60% of voters preferring Vault Dweller as head administrator, 30% preferring him as an equal administrator (hopefully in the spirit of compromise), and a meager 10% agreeing with the action you have taken. 90% of the voting members of the Codex want Vault Dweller back at least as an equal administrator.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom