Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Hyper Light Drifter

StaticSpine

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong

9966ed679c84b8d97846724643acc29e_large.gif

http://www.heart-machine.com/
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1661802484/hyper-light-drifter
Explore a beautiful, vast and ruined world riddled with unknown dangers and lost technologies. Inspired by nightmares and dreams alike.

Tha game collected a lot of money on Kickstarter and passed through Steam Greenlight. It somehow caught my attention, I can't say why, but it attracts me very much, though I'm not a big fan of Pixel Art. For me it looks like a mixture of Bastion and Fez.

Any thoughts?

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
Looks promising. I hope they'll put it on Humble Store.

Two things that caught my atttention:
Vast ruins.
Brutal combat.

I hope brutal combat means:
No HP-bloat.

warpig

Incel Resistance Leader
Manlet
Wow, the trailer looks beautiful and outlandish. They got the "atmosphere" part right, just hope they don't fuck up the actual gameplay (the idea sounds like something that could be fun).

lightbane

Arcane
I see they took inspiration from Nausicaa, an old manga/later anime movie. Shouldn't this be enough to move this topic to the jrpg subforum?

:troll:
Jokes aside, it looks awesome. I'll wait until more information is released though before doing anything.

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
By the way, check out their page. They have some nice retro-games. I like the looks of Shoot First a lot.

StaticSpine

Arcane
Patron
We plan for the closed beta to come out near June, so you'll still savage hordes of beasts and explore a section of the world in due time. The Steam + PC release are first, as they were the initial platform; we have our sights set on the end of the year holiday season. Other platform releases are planned to follow shortly thereafter.

locations
2eef3b59a4af0a4a624dceccbbbd65df_large.png

d1a008e88be5101a426297494da700d2_large.png

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

KamelĂĄsĂĄ!
Patron
Drifters! It's been a whole year (!!) since we launched our campaign (wow, time bleeds quick these days), and it seems apt to celebrate with this playable Preview build! If you supported us at the $25 tier or above, get ready for the avalanche of meaty murder before you.

Preview (once called a Beta) Build
Beta isn't exactly the right term; some game features are locked, some have been hidden, others are being refined, and content is always being generated for the world. So, to help communicate a bit better we're calling it a Preview Build.

The important thing is that you get an early playable slice of the game starting on the26th of September at 12:01 am (EST)! It will run until Midnight (PST) of the 28th. Beware vicious things living in the depths.

You'll receive a Steam Key in your email (the one used for your KS account) before the 26th.

Platforms

While we have said previously that this build would be for Windows only, we've decided to push extra hard and try our best to get it on Mac as well. However, since it's early days on OSX for us we can't make a firm promise.

Feedback

If you have bugs, crashes, and other issues send us a line at support@heart-machine.com. We will address issues the best we can as they come in. You can also use the KS comments and Steam forums for discussion.

Pre-Orders

If you haven't supported/pre-ordered at the Beta Access level, you can still get in on this limited Preview through the "Early Access Humble Widget" on heart-machine.com.

We're working with Steam to see if we can streamline the process, and give direct access throughout the preview weekend. We'll keep you updated.

The Full Game

Though we're working incredibly hard, we still have much to do. More levels, more enemies, more weapons; so many things! We're excited to put this early build into your hands so that we may learn directly from you, our supporters, what's working and what can be refined. As always, we'll keep you informed on how the game is developing as we continue crafting the full experience.

Final Bits
We're planning a Twitch Livestream Friday afternoon around 5pm PST, where we'll answer questions, play games, and doodle some things. Our Twitch channel lives here:twitch.tv/heartmachinez. More details will be posted on our devlog and twitter account.

We wish you well on your journey. Until next update, enjoy the preview and be kind, Drifters.

:happytrollboy:

Riskbreaker

Heh, I actually genuinely forgot that I even backed this stuff until I saw their survey in me mail few days ago.

orcinator

Liturgist
I gave the demo a try and it was kinda shit.

Does the newer gameplay footage look less shallow or is there nothing to this game but the EVA ripoff pixel art?

Siveon

Bot
Backed this a long long time ago. Really can't wait for that Wii U version. :roll:

pakoito

Arcane
Patron
So, is the game good? I have spare time this afternoons to play.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
So, is the game good? I have spare time this afternoons to play.

I've just killed the first boss after 30 minutes of pain. It's good.

The game is reminiscent of Dark Soul and some other stuff (but nothing crosses my mind right now).

Also I'm retarded. My reflexes are shit.

Merlkir

Arcane
Developer
As usual I'm having trouble distinguishing between barriers, elevated areas and places I can actually go to, so it's a lot of running into walls and off cliffs for me. :/

And my reflexes are shit, so combat is hard. It tries to do the whole thing where you learn things about the game and the world without being told anything, it's all visual learning. Semi successful for me, so far.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom