Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Crispy™ I am addicted to buttons

• Thread starter Whiny-Butthurt-Liberal
  • Start date

Whiny-Butthurt-Liberal

I now want to use buttons everywhere, not just on the Codex. Half the time I read someone's post on Fagbook, I wish I had all the codex buttons to prosperly convey my full range of emotions (mostly, I just wish for the shit button).

My dad sent me a text message just now, and I had the urge to rate his text "creative".

I sometimes reply "interesting", "informative", or "fake news" in my (admittedly, infrequent) real-life interactions with people. Like, someone will say something to me, and I'll just reply "informative". Funny thing, it usually works, and the other person just keeps talking.

Can someone please implement buttons everywhere? Also, make more buttons already, ffs. We need "sexist", "ableist", and "weightist" ratings, to start with.

Aqualung

Dead duck
Patron
Insert Title Here
The idea of having buttons everywhere is attractive but nothing can beat the feeling of telling someone off. I am practicing this on a regular basis during this last year and I can't recommend it enough.

PorkBarrellGuy

There are people who think buttons are emblematic of the decline. I disagree. Buttons mock the decline, they spit in its eye and laugh at it as it occurs all around us. They are ingenious parody of the culture of instant gratification and like-farming, while simultaneously being more creative and meaningful (somehow) than stupid little up-arrows and down-arrows or thumbs or whatever the fuck social media uses as mentally masturbatory e-currency.

They're also fun.

"Any community that gets its laughs by pretending to be idiots will eventually be flooded by actual idiots who mistakenly believe that they're in good company."

Aqualung

Dead duck
Patron
Insert Title Here
Normiebook, twitter, instagram... are endless sources of cringe and participating in them is disrespectful to oneself. I am compelled to have a profile in ORCID and I barely can stand it.

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
oneself is a dickhead though. So it's perfectly fine to be disrespectful to him.

existential_vacuum

.PNG Police
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again!
I am addicted to buttons
I now want to use buttons everywhere
Can someone please implement buttons everywhere?
Planetar's cloud storage has been hacked and private pictures leaked! Behold, Planetar in a natural habitat:
ballpit-static-png.png

EDIT: fixed image hosting fuckery

Last edited:

PorkBarrellGuy

How long did it take you to get all those button icons onto those balls

Aqualung

Dead duck
Patron
Insert Title Here
Also forgot mentioning Linkedin, the """professional""" network... I gave it another chance barely one week ago and today I found a very direct message in my inbox, if you know what I mean. Tempted to say "fuck off" and close my account asap but the mer is my colleague, apparently, and work in the same place. What a predicament I am in.

I think I'll simply ignore it and discreetly close the account in one week or two. Hope he'll catch the message.

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Another good opportunity to ask the magnificent omnipotent forum masters for the :roll: button. :hug:

PorkBarrellGuy

Also forgot mentioning Linkedin, the """professional""" network... I gave it another chance barely one week ago and today I found a very direct message in my inbox, if you know what I mean. Tempted to say "fuck off" and close my account asap but the mer is my colleague, apparently, and work in the same place. What a predicament I am in.

I think I'll simply ignore it and discreetly close the account in one week or two. Hope he'll catch the message.

LinkedIn is painfully useless for most things, I find. Pretty much just a Facebook you can attach a CV/resume to, and does about as much good I think.

Aqualung

Dead duck
Patron
Insert Title Here
LinkedIn is painfully useless for most things, I find. Pretty much just a Facebook you can attach a CV/resume to, and does about as much good I think.

Yeah, I've just delete my account. Lesson learned (again), I guess... but I have to admit that I am slightly upset for obvious reasons.

TBH I can't complain, it made me laugh a lot (something always sorely needed). The whole message would make a legendary copypasta, its m'ladyism is priceless.

Ocelot

Learned
I like buttons even though I can use none. They show me when others agree or disagree with me as well as when I make multiple people butthurt at the same time.

They somehow make this forum feel like good-old forum communities. You know, before social media monstrosities killed 90% of them.

Facebook Reacts seem really sad and limited compared to Codex Buttons. Let's all be fair here, the best Reacts in Fagbook are Hahahaha and ANGERY.

Meanwhile on the Codex, you have pretty much everything.

Hell, if anything we're lacking more buttons.

I don't use fb enough to have an actual opinion but I believe that fb needs LESS crap at this point, not more.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom