Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

I demand the administration restore this thread to its original form!

Crane

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath
The thread in question: http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/inde...you-knew-about-women-is-hopw-raewur-ne.73517/

Surf Solar's thread was originally a treasure cove of codex lore, yet it now lies in obfuscation as Surf Solar has edited out his original posts. You will observe that in foundational texts of the past (ex. The Declarations of the Rights of Man, The Declaration of Independence) it has been the uniform policy to claim and assert our liberties as an entailed inheritance derived to us from our forefathers, and to be transmitted to our posterity — as an estate specially belonging to the people of this kingdom, without any reference whatever to any other more general or prior right. By this means our lore preserves a unity in so great a diversity of its parts. Yet as it stands today our lore is defiled and incomplete, as Surf Solar has purposely edited his posts, originally foundational in codex lore.

A sense of history is what separates us from the beasts inhabiting the world. Restated, humanity differentiates itself from animals by its rational faculties. the foremost of which is manifested in our recognition and preservation of our past, of history. If history is, as Pascal said, an immortal man who continuously learns, we can know a priori that this man has a true visage of his past; by definition learning requires the faculty of memory, a sense of progression, the knowing that he has gained and understood new knowledge which transforms his thought by manifold refraction to the new present, which is by its very nature tied to the his past and future.

Thus, through the coward Surf Solar's editing of his posts, he has robbed the Codex of its own history, and by that act subverted the fundamental characteristic of what separates us from beasts. That is, a sense of preservation, of recognition of the past, of conservation by which we mimic Nature through our artificial institutions--this he has destroyed through his cowardice.

Henceforth, I demand that the administration restore the Surf Solar's thread to its original state, i.e., before Surf Solar edited his posts in an attempt to best represent the form of of utter inane banality. Here I stand; I can do no other. Men, lend me your replies in agreement!

Last edited:

Jick Magger

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria
While filming 'The Matrix’ Laurence Fishburne was getting upset during almost every scene due to the fact that Reeves had not memorized any of his lines, Fishburne had eventually had enough and ended up screaming at Reeves calling him untalented and an amature. When the crew took a week vacation for holidays, Reeves had sent a package to Fishburne’s home addressed to Fishburne’s daughter. When his daughter unwrapped the package they found that it contained a hand written note that said, “No one fucks with the Reeves.” and included a scrapbook of pictures of Fishburne having sex with multiple cast members from the film.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
While filming 'The Matrix’ Laurence Fishburne was getting upset during almost every scene due to the fact that Reeves had not memorized any of his lines, Fishburne had eventually had enough and ended up screaming at Reeves calling him untalented and an amature. When the crew took a week vacation for holidays, Reeves had sent a package to Fishburne’s home addressed to Fishburne’s daughter. When his daughter unwrapped the package they found that it contained a hand written note that said, “No one fucks with the Reeves.” and included a scrapbook of pictures of Fishburne having sex with multiple cast members from the film.

Jick Magger's true Hollywood stories.

Unwanted
Douchebag! Shitposter
In 2001 after being approached by Scientology recruiters, Keanu Reeves is reported to have said, "Why join a cult... when I can BE a cult?!" Allegedly he shoved the recruiters to the ground and ran away laughing maniacally. 5 months later his agent finally located him in a small African village near lake Victoria, leading an apocalyptic death cult. The UN report on the aftermath remains classified but rumors speak of mass graves, human sacrifice, and murals of Mr. Reeves' face made out of the bones of children. Beneath the village it is said that the cult of Ogamboo Metukalu (The One) had 2,000 slave laborers digging a secret underground temple complex where the cult intended to live after the Apocalypse. Mr. Reeves' agent says the Hollywood star has put that part of his life behind him and chalks it up to poor judgment brought on by a flu, but if that is the case, why does Keanu continue to make routine trips to Africa to this day? And why are cases of missing children around Lake Victoria more than 20 times higher than the average of the rest of Africa? Mr. Reeves' agent declined to comment.

Ellef

Deplorable
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
In October 2001, Keanu Reeves met with the families of 9/11 victims. After a brief interview in which he expressed his condolences and hope for closure, he reportedly burst out laughing and made airplane noises and mimicked two planes crashing. He then picked up the child of a deceased victim and whispered into her ear "Your dad's dead, bitch", and proceeded to put on a pair of sunglasses and unleash a barrage of martial arts attack on the small child. She was rushed to the hospital where she was pronounced dead due to extreme trauma. When asked later about the incident, Reeves became visibly sexually aroused and repeated the same attack on the reporter

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
As far as I recall, the staff can un-delete posts. But not un-edit them. The changes aren't saved in the DB. Unless a codex historian steps up with an archived copy, the posts are gone forever.

Unwanted
Douchebag! Shitposter
After completing the movie 'Speed', Reeves disappeared from public view for 6 months to complete a project he called his "life's calling". In August of 1995, Reeves gained notoriety for hijacking a school bus in Los Angeles and leading police on a 10 hour chase, ending in tragedy. Reeves, who appeared mentally disturbed and sporting a full beard, reportedly spent 6 months planning the hijacking. Due to the nature of the hijacking, police assumed it filming for a sequel to the Speed movie, and didn't respond until Reeves drove through a crowded marketplace, killing 16 and injuring over 100. Despite their best efforts, police were not able to stop Reeves, who drove the bus full of 44 elementary school children off the Santa Monica Pier. All the children died, and autopsies showed that all 44 had been molested by Reeves during the chase.

Garryydde

Arcane
Patron
Douchebag! Repressed Homosexual
In 1991 during the filming for 'Point Break' Keanu Reeves was surfing with co-stars when a small child was dragged under the waves and began to struggle to stay above surface. As his co-stars rushed to help, Reeves held out an arm in front of them, stopping them and was reported saying by Lori Petty "The waves have claimed her, let her fight for her own life". The crew, dumbfounded, proceeded to watch her struggle until her body disappeared beneath the waves, lifeless. He was later spotted outside the child's house, making drowning gestures and thanking the family for their child's sacrifice to the great ocean.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
As far as I recall, the staff can un-delete posts. But not un-edit them. The changes aren't saved in the DB. Unless a codex historian steps up with an archived copy, the posts are gone forever.
Nope, we can unedit too.

Garryydde

Arcane
Patron
Douchebag! Repressed Homosexual
I saw Keanu Reeves at a grocery store in Los Angeles yesterday. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn’t want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for photos or anything.

He said, “Oh, like you’re doing now?”

I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but he kept cutting me off and going “huh? huh? huh?” and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Milky Ways in his hands without paying.

The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like “Sir, you need to pay for those first.” At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.

When she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually “to prevent any electrical infetterence,” and then turned around and winked at me. I don’t even think that’s a word. After she scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.

Unwanted
Douchebag! Shitposter
On the set of Constantine, Reeves was brought in front of a mock tribunal, forcing him to apologise for a prank played on a fellow cast member Rachel Weisz. Reportedly, Reeves entered Weisz's trailer during a shoot with 4 freshly picked carrots he bought from a near-by farmer's market, and hid the veg in various locations in the dressing room, leaving a sign on the door claiming "There are 5 carrots hidden in this room". Weisz, who was know to suffer both from OCD and Lachanophobia (an irrational fear of vegetables), was rushed to hospital when she collapsed outside her trailer just before an expensive action scene where she was supposed to be rigged to fall through a 40 ft pane of glass and into a swimming pool.

Black

Arcane
Reeves entered Weisz's trailer during a shoot with 4 freshly picked carrots he bought from a near-by farmer's market, and hid the veg in various locations in the dressing room, leaving a sign on the door claiming "There are 5 carrots hidden in this room".
:thumbsup:

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Some things you can go back to after missing them, but for the others, you just had to be there.

Also, Surf edited these posts when the thread was barely halfway through.

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
Most of the stuff was edited out because multiple staffmembers urged me to. :M
(Personal details, photos etc)

Stuff in the second half of the thread remaind in its embarassing unedited form.

Gary Indiana

Cipher
That thread was one of the best things I have ever read on the internet. I've been online since the early 1990s. I'll never forget it. It was like Jack Kerouac's On the Road, but for sad fucking millennials. It should be turned into a screenplay.

Ninjerk

Arcane
DarkUnderlord page 50 of that thread is getting one of those dumb chrome malware warnings related to a "puffingtonpost" or some shit

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Just PM DarkUnderlord repeatedly about it, and make sure to tag him as often as possible. He'll be sure to answer promptly.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom