Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

I Finally Decided to Try LOTRO

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
red%2Bcardinal%2Bbird-778175.jpg

:roll:

made

Arcane
Warden is a bit too simplistic and boring. It's supposed to be an advanced class, but it's in the same easymode category as captains and champions.
You serious? Whenever I come back from a break I can jump back on my Champ or RK and get the hang of it again within 5 mins. Warden? No chance in hell. Gambits are a pain to memorize and it takes 3 or 4 key presses to do what other classes do with one. They keep trying to simplify it, but it's still the most convoluted class I've ever played in any MMO.

Anyway, there's nothing for me in this game atm. They fucked up Moria, and I have no interest in the new endgame grind, and I'm certainly not rerolling from scratch. Plus they want 10 bucks for a simple additional inventory bag. FU Turbine. But you guys have fun.

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
Yeah, but once you've got the hang of gambits again it's easy going. The hard part is only memorizing them, and that doesn't take long at all.

IDtenT

Menace to sobriety!
Patron
South Africa; My pronouns are: Banal/Shit/Boring
Divinity: Original Sin
Okay. Added to friends list, but we need to be on at the same time for me to invite you. Same goes for the rest of you. Still don't know if we'll get 8 characters together. Think I should recruit outside the codex? Just make all the Codex members officers.

Severian Silk

I have a lvl ~55 Burglar, but have no interest in starting up again.

dextermorgan

Arcane
IDtenT I could see your logoff times but can't message you and don't get notified when you're online. Have you been messing with your privacy settings or something? Anyway, got my toon up to lvl15 Guardian with Apprentice Metalsmith Mastery. About to purchase a horse and a skill to go with it. If anything, the game seems even more grindey (Turbine point are everywhere now) than the last time I played.

Froglok

Educated
I've got it downloaded but haven't made a char. Will probably make a minstrel or something

Does it matter what race we pick? Do you start in the same area?

dextermorgan

Arcane
Race matters in that you have different traits and there are some limitations on what race can choose which profession. Starting areas vary from race to race.

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
As far as I know, certain classes are better suited to certain races. As an example, a level 60 man Warden will be stronger than a level 60 Elf Warden.

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
Personally I don't really care. I often just go for the race I like most.

I will, however, mention that I had both an Elven and Man Loremaster, and I had a much easier time with the man. That might be because I was more skilled and understood the class a bit better when I started the human loremaster, though.

As for my client, it seems it's fucked. It simply refuses to update. I'll redownload the entire thing over the weekend.

IDtenT

Menace to sobriety!
Patron
South Africa; My pronouns are: Banal/Shit/Boring
Divinity: Original Sin
We'll recreate the kinship if it expires before you come on board. I'm hoping AP and Dexter are working on alts. :P

Also remember to add me Laerea and Dextosi to friend lists, so that we can invite you.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom