Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

I finally understand how shitty the Codex is

MMXI

Arcane
Excidium said:
Are you implying the Codex likes DA:O?
I don't think so. There aren't 3 million people on the Codex.

jiujitsu

Cipher
Project: Eternity
The Codex is not a hive mind. Everyone has their own opinion. Some agree. Most don't.

My impression about DA:O is pretty much the same as yours only I probably think less of it. I did play it a few times, but now that I've seen most of the variations in the story I cannot ignore the faults in the game. Most notably the writing is very awkward and the world itself is ridiculous. There should never have been darkspawn. It's such a silly addition to the world; mindless evil zombies.

1eyedking, you need to hop down off of your nerdy high horse. How can you claim to have outgrown the Codex when you make broad generalizations about its community as if you are some ignorant child? This thread equates to "I GOT MAD IN ANOTHER THREAD, SO I'M CALLING YOU ALL STUPID FAGGOTS AND LEAVING! LAST WORD! LOLOLOL" If you really were super intelligent and super mature, as you claim, you wouldn't have said anything. You'd log off, remove the Codex from your favorites and leave.

:thumbsup:

Serious_Business said:
Wow, you're a gigantic intellectualist faggot. Since when did critical thinking had anything to do with entertainment?

You're everything the Codex used to stand for. Abusive langage-constructs that trap experience into abstract judgemental considerations. Fuck you and innapropriate standards. You didn't outgrow this place, the Codex outgrew you when it stopped taking itself seriously. Get the fuck out of here

Also : Why The Witcher Is An Intelligent Game

Arrgghh. You speak about aesthetics all the time, then you pretend to be the last defender of rationalism. You're a misguided little punk. Just shut the hell up

Bu-bu-bu-but games are serious business, Serious_Business. They're clearly the only important things in this world, and we literally have nothing else to concern ourselves with...

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"But that's when it hit me. I had to "turn my mind off" to enjoy whatever gameplay bits (and they're few) the game had to offer. I had to stop juding the voice-acting, the aesthetic design decisions, the way characters acted and behaved, the completely horrible and unbelievable writing, the reasons why a dungeon should or shouldn't exist, the economic and political landscape of the world, the uninspired monster lore, the whole Witcher rip-off vibe you get out of every corner of the game, and a myriad of other stuff that I simply couldn't bear to ignore."

DA is many thuings but a 'rip off' off of the 'rip off' that is TW? What kind of bullshit joke is that? FFS

Multi-headed Cow

Can I have your posts, 1eyedking? I've got a plan for them. I'm hoping I could trade them to some other Codexer for a TF2 hat.

sgc_meltdown

Arcane
MHC when the world goes cyberpunk your personal neuralnet quantdrive will be the first featuree in the new Hoarders - NeuGen holovids
a glowing tron man will materialise and explain to you that you've got to be strong and learn how to let go while you cry virtual datatears

Daemongar

Arcane
Codex Year of the Donut
I have been an rpg player for a while, and new to the codex. I bought DA:O on the hype and a friend was buying it. Even after I saw a demo of it at GenCon two years running, and knew how shitty it was going to be from the trailers. (However, they gave out official DA:O D20's, which I still have a couple of, so that was cool of them.) I played half of it and stopped because I could not go on.

When I stumbled on this site and found the strength within me to finish that game. That game was finished just to discover how bad it was, which one or two people were grumbling about. Ironically, when I joined here, people were still in love with DA:O and fawning over DA:2. All I can think is: you guys! Now you tell me!

My reason for hating this site is the dumping on the original Bard's Tale series, but that's just me.

made

Arcane
1EK is one of the most insightful and entertaining posters on this site, and while I don't necessarily agree with him all the time I still very much enjoy reading his posts. Of course it comes as no surprise that his polarizing views make him unpopular in the eyes of many Codexers.

OT: I guess people enjoy DA for the same reason they enjoy Drakensang, regardless of its quality: it's a party-based RPG in a time when party-based RPG are pretty much extinct. That's all there is to it. Don't let VD's review fool you; he's pretty much just a very elaborate troll.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
made said:
OT: I guess people enjoy DA for the same reason they enjoy Drakensang, regardless of its quality: it's a party-based RPG in a time when party-based RPG are pretty much extinct. That's all there is to it. Don't let VD's review fool you; he's pretty much just a very elaborate troll.
Except Drakensang's quality as an RPG is higher. Not to even mention River of Time.

Daemongar

Arcane
Codex Year of the Donut
Jaesun said:
Daemongar said:
My reason for hating this site is the dumping on the original Bard's Tale series, but that's just me.

WAT?

Just an impression I have, but people really seem to dump on the original BT series. Wizardries, Goldboxes, Wasteland, Ultimas, TES: Arena: all mentioned for their historical merits and contribution to modern crpg thought. BT is usually dumped on or convieniently left out. Ah, maybe people don't understand it's contribution, I don't know.

Shannow

Waster of Time
Daemongar said:
When I stumbled on this site and found the strength within me to finish that game. That game was finished just to discover how bad it was, which one or two people were grumbling about. Ironically, when I joined here, people were still in love with DA:O and fawning over DA:2. All I can think is: you guys! Now you tell me!
:what:

baronjohn

Cipher
I always said Dragon Age was the worst game ever.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom